Upgraded computer, game now runs entirely different?

Post your questions here
GaryC292
Team: Privateer

Upgraded computer, game now runs entirely different?

Post by GaryC292 »

Hi folks,

Been playing MXSim for years now on a relatively old PC that I had upgraded with a dedicated graphics card to increase the smoothness and game always ran great. My computer finally died the other day so I bought a new PC (with triple the CPU cores and a higher level of graphics card). The game looks great visually and is very smooth however the physics feel COMPLETELY different. I feel like a beginner again and the bike almost feels really heavy and wants to pull a particular way, it's really hard to explain but I cannot play the game this way. There also feels to be a lag between my controller inputs and the reaction in the game.

Just another thing to note is my brother got a computer after I did (not sure on the specs) but it also felt different to my own computer but no where near as bad as my new computer is playing it.

Has anyone came across this before? All the stability settings are set exactly the same as they were before so I can rule that out but I genuinely cannot play the game the way it is. I spoke to one of the IT guys in my work and he said sometimes games don't run great on brand new PCs if the game is quite old itself, is there any merit to this? I believe all the drivers are up-to-date

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Upgraded computer, game now runs entirely different?

Post by jlv »

If you haven't already, copy "%localappdata%\MX Simulator\config" from the old computer to the new computer. You might have just missed a setting on the new computer.

If that's not it, it might be worth calibrating your controller if it feels like it's pulling in one direction.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

also if you have a nvidia gpu. turn off verticle sync in the program settings. Most of the time that makes it feel pretty wonky because its capped at 60fps.
GaryC292
Team: Privateer

Post by GaryC292 »

Got it all sorted fellas, sounds stupid but i was using a temp display in a position im not used to so once i got my old screen back in its usual position all felt right again. I cant believe how much of an effect a different perspective made the game feel but i appreicate the quick advice! Also thank you JLV for the awesome game, ive been playing it for years constantly and still love it every bit as much as i used to, easily the best £30 ive ever spent! :)