3 of my Controllers started drifting

Post your questions here
Crushed Dissenter

3 of my Controllers started drifting

Postby 808 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:36 am

Ok, (all controllers are xbox 1 controllers)

So a couple of days ago I went to play some sim and noticed on my controller the left stick was drifting insanely hard to the right, the controller is like 4 years old so I assumed it was just worn out. Then I went ahead and borrowed a friends controller (same controller model) and IT was drifting hard right too. At this point I'm pretty certain it's just the controllers being retarded. So earlier this week I got myself another controller online from microsoft themselves, it was used but they said barely, and when it arrived It really was in excellent condition, nothing wrong with it cosmetically at all, but when I went to test it out on sim, guess what, drifting hard right.

Could i have actually gotten 3 controllers that all drift hard right at about the same strength, or is there something else wrong?
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.

Crushed Dissenter

Re: 3 of my Controllers started drifting

Postby 808 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:48 am

Update: went to play bmx streets pipe and it wasn't drifting at all. what's the dealio
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.

Crushed Dissenter

Re: 3 of my Controllers started drifting

Postby 808 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:51 am

Welp jlv you can go ahead and delete this post, the way I solved this was completely remap the controller, turns out none of them have stick drift! I love wasting $30 on nothing! I guess I now have a backup in case something goes wrong with 'ol reliable.

Return to “Help / Troubleshooting”