Really bad game issue

Post your questions here
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire MX

Really bad game issue

Postby sethypeety » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Okay, I have no idea what to call it but I am assuming it has something to do with my registration key. This has happened to me once before to this extreme and this is the second time it's happened and is making me want to just quit. Anyway, pretty much consistently, every other time I shut down or restart my pc, it makes me put in my reg key again, Sometimes, it reverts the whole game back to defaults(graphics, bike, controls). And on this occasion, the terrain.hf file in the track I was working now just says NULL,
and once I got it fixed, when I start the track, the game just shuts down after the bikes loading screen is done. No crash message, nothing. The first time it happened I assumed I didn't close the game right or something, I don't know. If I could get some help on this I would be very grateful, Thank you in advance.

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Really bad game issue

Postby jlv » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:44 am

When you turn off your PC, do you shut it down from Windows or do you just cut the power? If you just cut the power you're corrupting your filesystem.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

sethypeety

Postby sethypeety » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:00 am

I go to the power options and select shut down, or I use the power button on the front of it. If I do a quick restart I use the same method as my computer has a button next to the power that will restart it, or I restart it through power settings.

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:40 am

Always shut it down through Windows. If you just hit the power button it doesn't have a chance to sync its file system and you'll get lost/corrupted files. The only time to do a hard power down or hard reboot is if the system is unresponsive leaving you with no other choice.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

sethypeety

Postby sethypeety » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:30 am

jlv wrote:Always shut it down through Windows. If you just hit the power button it doesn't have a chance to sync its file system and you'll get lost/corrupted files. The only time to do a hard power down or hard reboot is if the system is unresponsive leaving you with no other choice.

I'll let you know if the issue continues.

Return to “Help / Troubleshooting”