Advice on new PC

Post your questions here
RyanWebley
Team: Privateer

Advice on new PC

Post by RyanWebley »

I’m getting a new PC soon and just need to know some updated spec requirements to race a full gate online with max graphics and 100+ fps
nickuzick

Re: Advice on new PC

Post by nickuzick »

This game is harder to run then RDR2, I wouldn't base a full pc off this 1 game
RyanWebley
Team: Privateer

Post by RyanWebley »

nickuzick wrote:This game is harder to run then RDR2, I wouldn't base a full pc off this 1 game
This is one of the main games I’ll be playing tho so if I’m building a PC almost literally for this game, I want it to be good enough
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Dont go a amd cpu
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

dylan22 wrote:Dont go a amd cpu
Debatable. A Ryzen 5 3600XT and i5 10600k are only separated by 82 points on single core performance on passmark. R7 3800XT vs i7-10700K by 176. Then, if he does decide to play any games that benefit from multi core performance, he would have AMD beating it out by an average of 5000 points. Because, lets be honest. Even if he says he's mainly getting the PC for this game, he's going to use it for other things.

Either way, a budget would be needed for PC recommendations. If you're trying to run literal max settings with full gates and still manage 100fps, you're looking at spending a chunk of money.

Get the current highest gen i7 or Ryzen 7, and a 3080 when it comes out. You should do fine. My Ryzen 5 1600 and 1070 still manage 125fps on medium, high settings.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

I need a budget. This game needs two things, FAST GPU memory, and FAST single core cpu performance. You worry about those two things and you'll be GG. Ive found a GTX 1660 Super to actually outperform a GTX 1080 Ti on this game because of the faster memory from the 1660 Super. As far as CPU, you can get away with something like an i3 9100f and honestly run the game fine. Best case scenario, an i5 10600k would shred this game. It all just depends on your price range. Technically speaking the i9 10900k would have the best performance on mxs, but it seems silly to get a cpu with that many cores just for a sim build.

Refer to this list: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

It'll give you a rough idea of what CPU's would run best for MXS. Higher the score the better itll be for MXS. I dont recommend getting a CPU with a score under 2500 if you plan on being competetive in rF or something. Also important to not bottleneck your cpu with slow RAM.

Ryzen 3300x or 3600xt would also shred this game, but the memory latency might hold it back a tad. IMO, for mxs, intel has better performance per dollar.

consider these parts as a bare minimum for competive play: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pPzRf9

Focus your budget on the best single core performance cpu you can get. your ability to hold max framerate of 125fps will almost solely depend on that. theres basically no difference in performance between a gtx 1650 and a 2080ti for this game honestly, assuming you're running low graphics settings. A better gpu will only allow you to turn up graphics and maintain fps. If you want to prioritize FPS for competetive play though, a computer with an i5 10600k and a gtx 1050 will honestly still outperform a computer with a ryzen 1600 and a gtx 2080ti for example.
Tanner Rogers
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

DBRider251 wrote:
dylan22 wrote:Dont go a amd cpu
Debatable. A Ryzen 5 3600XT and i5 10600k are only separated by 82 points on single core performance on passmark. R7 3800XT vs i7-10700K by 176. Then, if he does decide to play any games that benefit from multi core performance, he would have AMD beating it out by an average of 5000 points. Because, lets be honest. Even if he says he's mainly getting the PC for this game, he's going to use it for other things.

Either way, a budget would be needed for PC recommendations. If you're trying to run literal max settings with full gates and still manage 100fps, you're looking at spending a chunk of money.

Get the current highest gen i7 or Ryzen 7, and a 3080 when it comes out. You should do fine. My Ryzen 5 1600 and 1070 still manage 125fps on medium, high settings.
I have a ryzen 5 3600 and a rtx 2070 and I cant even run the JS7 compound by myself without getting lag. this game barely makes a mark on my GPU but maxes out my cpu due to the use of such a small amount of cores. I can't remeber where I found it but I read a article demonstrating that intel are a fair bit better then amd cpus as far as single core usage is concerned.