Went to open the game and it says can't find game date

Post your questions here
dog_lover_136
Team: Privateer

Went to open the game and it says can't find game date

Post by dog_lover_136 »

Everything was working perfectly fine this morning, I played red bull hare scramble then deleted it from my files. I didn't load into the game after that until I tried to a few minutes ago. Now it won't load and it says can't find game data when everything is installed correctly. I also noticed when I click properties it says "D:\MX Simulator\mx.exe.exe", it its strange that there is another ,exe after the first one. I did an offline virus scan on my computer after I shut down the game for another reason I wont explain here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Went to open the game and it says can't find game date

Post by jlv »

You might have accidentally deleted zzzz.saf when you deleted the track. You'll have to reinstall to restore that file.

The extra ".exe" is from renaming the file in file explorer. It hides file suffixes so if you name something "mx.exe" the actual name is "mx.exe.exe". Just use "mx" without the suffix in file explorer and you'll get the correct name.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dog_lover_136
Team: Privateer

Re: Went to open the game and it says can't find game date

Post by dog_lover_136 »

jlv wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:21 am You might have accidentally deleted zzzz.saf when you deleted the track. You'll have to reinstall to restore that file.

The extra ".exe" is from renaming the file in file explorer. It hides file suffixes so if you name something "mx.exe" the actual name is "mx.exe.exe". Just use "mx" without the suffix in file explorer and you'll get the correct name.
Ok thank you.