Offset ping fluctuation

Post your questions here
spiffy
Team: TiLube

Offset ping fluctuation

Post by spiffy »

When I try to play online, my game runs perfectly fine except for the constant rising and falling of my offset ping, giving it a sort of 'slow motion' and 'fast motion' feel when it happens. Making it impossible to put down a good lap, while not being able to tell how fast im really going.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Offset ping fluctuation

Post by jlv »

It does that to keep the client's and server's clocks in sync. Probably caused by a lot of packet loss but could also be due to a problem with your real time clock.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

I had this problem when visiting Georgia, the internet there was not good at all so I was probably getting a lot of packet loss. I had to use a hotspot to be able to get a stable connection, maybe try that?
spiffy
Team: TiLube

Post by spiffy »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:20 am I had this problem when visiting Georgia, the internet there was not good at all so I was probably getting a lot of packet loss. I had to use a hotspot to be able to get a stable connection, maybe try that?
I'll try that, thanks Hubbo