Stock tracks

Post your questions here
motolife6
Team: 6k Designs

Stock tracks

Post by motolife6 »

i have edited stock tracks in the past and am curious if there is a way to revert them back to original so i can play them online with a buddy that just got the game, Thanks in advance!
KTM57

Re: Stock tracks

Post by KTM57 »

You can just go into your personal folder and rename, remove, or delete the stock track folder.

For example, if you saved changes to Ekswanbee Park, rename the folder "x1b" to "x1b_motolife6". This way you can still access your edited track if you want to, but it doesn't overwrite the stock track and cause a file mismatch when you connect online.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
motolife6
Team: 6k Designs

Post by motolife6 »

KTM57 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:22 pm You can just go into your personal folder and rename, remove, or delete the stock track folder.

For example, if you saved changes to Ekswanbee Park, rename the folder "x1b" to "x1b_motolife6". This way you can still access your edited track if you want to, but it doesn't overwrite the stock track and cause a file mismatch when you connect online.
cant seem to find a stock track folder? or any folders for those tracks in my personal folder
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You may be looking in the wrong folder, or you may just need to look harder. There is no "stock track folder" if you're looking for one. What I meant was that you need to find the folder which contains the specific stock track. You also need to be looking in your personal folder, not your Program Files/install folder.

In this folder, (you can just type %localappdata%/MX Simulator into Windows Explorer) look through the folder names and search for the stock tracks you've modified. I think most of them have nicknames - Ekswanbee Park is "x1b", Allamuchy Mountain is "mooch."

If you want to make it easier on yourself, you could save a new edit on each track so everything comes to the top when you sort by date modified. Otherwise it's going to be a boring and annoying task.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.