XBox Wired Controller Not Noticed On My Laptop

Post your questions here
MX196
Team: Privateer

XBox Wired Controller Not Noticed On My Laptop

Post by MX196 »

Im having problems with my XBox wired controller. My computer doesnt reconise it. I go to test the buttons, and none of it works. I may not have the correct drivers, but I think I do. My computer is an HP, Windows 7, 64bit, Home Premium. Many other people have the same problem but I cannot find an answer. Please dont give me a link to another topic.

Please Help!
MotoRockstar777

Re: XBox Wired Controller Not Noticed On My Laptop

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

You can try this and see if it works http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... ffb828ba4e
When i plugged my controller in it automatically download some software then it worked.
MotoRockstar777

MX196

Post by MX196 »

Nope. Is a light suppost to turn on? Cause it doesnt.
MotoRockstar777

yeah the light doesnt turn on unless you have the software. That how mine was. Im not sure what to do then. You could try googling how to get it to work.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Do you just have a regular controller? It should automatically download drivers when you plug it in. If you go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers does it show up there?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

No. It does not. This is what I did:

-Pluged in the controller. (wired)
-Let it install drivers.
-Installed what MotoRockstar told me to download.
-Tried to change controls and it didnt change.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

If you let it install the drivers it should be good to go. Have you tried a different USB port just to see?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Yes. All three.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Unplug it and lets try again. Plug it in and see if Windows starts installing drivers for it (there will be a pop-up in the lower right corner), if it does double click it and watch it to see if any errors come up. If there isn't any errors it should eventually say it has successfully installed drivers and it will show up in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers (and the middle light should turn on).

If it does have errors read what they are and see if there is an easy fix from there. If you can't figure anything out re-download http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downl ... 64&lang=en and run it again and see if it works then. If it still doesn't work after all of that I don't know why it isn't working.