Server Issues .

Post your questions here
Kawisaki#209

Server Issues .

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

Okay, im new so i have no idea but, i put the right server code in and it just wont load a server... it sits and says contacting server and it never connects. Any help?
Mouritsen #333
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Server Issues .

Post by jlv »

When it can't connect it's a sign that a firewall is blocking the port. That's not true in your case though. I searched for your IP address in the server log and found you were connecting successfully but were getting invalid key errors. You just need to enter the key correctly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

Okay, I have the correct Key entered now. But, it still sits and says Contacting Server over and over again. But, it will not connect.
Mouritsen #333
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I checked the log again and there was another invalid key disconnect from your IP address today. Does it say "This key looks good" when you enter the key?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

yeah. It is fine i put, in the right thing but, am i trying to connect to the wrong server i don't get it..?
Mouritsen #333
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I would normally think it was a firewall issue, but since it was rejecting you on the key the packets had to be getting to and from the server. Based on the server log, on about Sun Aug 8 15:27:34 2010, elsinore.mxsimulator.com:19800 saw a connection from you and it disconnected you for not having a key. At that point it would have worked if the key was right. Have you changed anything since then?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

okay! it connects to the server but, it doesnt actually go into a game... If i haven't said this about 20 times. It says Contacting Server... like numerous times..
Mouritsen #333
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Make sure you don't have any firewalls on. That includes both your router and computer. Also, make sure you have the server name entered correctly. For now just use elsinore.mxsimulator.com without a port number.

One thing I can tell you is that I don't see any instances of the server endlessly sending replies to your IP, which would mean it is the outgoing packets that are being blocked if it's a firewall issue. I did see another connection attempt from your IP with a bad key on Tue Aug 10 00:35:53 2010. So at least sometimes the packets are getting there. If you were using a different firewall setup at that time, that was the one you want.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

k well.. It still doesn't work but, when i try to get on some servers it says like wsaconreset or something like that what do i do?
Mouritsen #333
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The WSAECONNRESET errors tend to happen when you're blocked by a local software firewall. When it's the router's firewall blocking you the packets usually just silently disappear. These links might be helpful to you:

Windows7: Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall
Vista: Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall

You also want to log on to your router and set the firewall to low or none.

Also, make sure you have your key entered. It will say "This key looks good" if the key is entered correctly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Kawisaki#209

Post by Kawisaki#209 »

hey.. How do i get registration key? I bought the game but, i don't have it. Uhm... I bought the game after may 23, 2009 so i need some help and thats why it isnt working.
Mouritsen #333
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The key is included in the download email from BMT Micro.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com