Graphic Issues in Time Trial

Post your questions here
Worldeater

Graphic Issues in Time Trial

Post by Worldeater »

Having some strange graphical anomalies in time trial. When I start a new lap, I get black void spasms all over the track. Screenshot below. Any idea what I can do to avoid this? I'm on a RTX 3070, a R7 5700G and have 64 GB of DDR4 at 2400MHz.

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Graphic Issues in Time Trial

Post by jlv »

I believe it's an Nvidia bug. It apparently only happens when you turn up the settings in Nvidia control panel. I don't have a workaround for it yet. There's more info in this topic.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

jlv wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:52 am I believe it's an Nvidia bug. It apparently only happens when you turn up the settings in Nvidia control panel. I don't have a workaround for it yet. There's more info in this topic.
What I ended up doing was deleting the shortcut I had and making a new one. For some reason, this seems to have fixed it. For some reason, my uneducated thought is that it may have been a conflict with replacing the mx.exe with the recent snapshot, and not making a new shortcut. No idea if that make any sense, but it might be worth recommending it to others as a temporary hot fix just in case. Hope this helps.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Worldeater wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:14 am What I ended up doing was deleting the shortcut I had and making a new one. For some reason, this seems to have fixed it. For some reason, my uneducated thought is that it may have been a conflict with replacing the mx.exe with the recent snapshot, and not making a new shortcut. No idea if that make any sense, but it might be worth recommending it to others as a temporary hot fix just in case. Hope this helps.
That might have an effect on the per application settings in the Nvidia driver. Could be that the new shortcut put you back to the defaults.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

jlv wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:11 am
Worldeater wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:14 am What I ended up doing was deleting the shortcut I had and making a new one. For some reason, this seems to have fixed it. For some reason, my uneducated thought is that it may have been a conflict with replacing the mx.exe with the recent snapshot, and not making a new shortcut. No idea if that make any sense, but it might be worth recommending it to others as a temporary hot fix just in case. Hope this helps.
That might have an effect on the per application settings in the Nvidia driver. Could be that the new shortcut put you back to the defaults.
You certainly may have a point. Only thing is, I don't remember ever changing settings in my NVIDIA Control Panel... if anything, I may have set a hard FPS lock, but I don't remember changing any specific graphic related settings. I will muck around and see if I can jog my memory just in case, because if I did change anything, it wouldn't have been much.