Huge fps drop

Post your questions here
Chillax

Huge fps drop

Post by Chillax »

The game was working fine yesterday, but now my fps is suddenly below 10? The game is unplayable right now, even on low settings and the stock tracks. Also I know my pc is powerful enough to run MXS because I have an nVidia GeForce GTX 295 and a 3gz quad core cpu. Hopefully someone can help me out with this problem fast so I can actually play the game again.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Huge fps drop

Post by yzmxer608 »

Have you made any changes to your system (software/OS side) since yesterday? I know Windows did some updates last night, but that shouldn't be affecting anything since they were just security/.NET Framework updates. Do other games work fine still?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Chillax

Post by Chillax »

There was an update for Windows yesterday, but I dont think that would cause this. And yes other games work just fine.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Add anything new to the game at all? Try moving your config file in your personal folder to your desktop and see if that helps, the game will create a fresh one by itself.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Chillax

Post by Chillax »

I added a couple of new tracks, but I tried to remove them, but the result is the same. And I will try what you said.
Chillax

Post by Chillax »

I cant seem to find any config file..
Chillax

Post by Chillax »

Nevermind, I found it!