GAME CRASHING

Post your questions here
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

GAME CRASHING

Post by TBARRY34 »

For some reason last time I was using this laptop MX worked fine. Although now when I try to play it crashes the MOMENT I enter a room online (Any server 19800, 01, 03) It works fine in time trial, everything else offline, just not online for some reason? They only changes I've made were use the new snapshot (I tried my old one also) and I downloaded all 16 SX tracks, which like I said I can play offline just not online......It just says mx-2010-09-03.exe has stopped working. (Says the same for the older snapshot that I've used before)
TBARRY34

Re: GAME CRASHING

Post by TBARRY34 »

I have also removed my entire Users folder, uninstalled MX, redownloaded a new one, installed the new one, re-entered my key.....and it still crashes on loading time trial or online now.....
TBARRY34

Post by TBARRY34 »

Can you put these 3 into one? I can't edit. Basically what I've found out so far is the FIRST track I load works fine.....I can even get online or race time trial, but the moment it changes tracks or I switch tracks the entire thing freezes.........
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Sounds like it's crashing when it deletes the unused textures and models. What's the last thing in "lastlog.txt", and what is the fault module name from the crash details?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TBARRY34

Post by TBARRY34 »

[2:55:06.16] Resetting...
[2:55:06.16] Remembering lines...
[2:55:06.16] Cleaning up...
[2:55:06.16] Deallocating bikes
[2:55:06.16] Finished deallocating bikes
[2:55:06.16] Deallocating track
[2:55:06.17] Finished deallocating track
[2:55:06.17] Loading track...
[2:55:09.36] Analyzing lines...
[2:55:09.38] Loading bikes...
[2:55:09.38] Warning: Can't load @rider_body-Fly.jm
[2:55:09.40] 58 MB texture memory used

As for the fault module it doesn't give me a drop down box.....just says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then just offers "Close program"
TBARRY34

Post by TBARRY34 »

Okay I found "Fault Module name: atioglxx.dll"
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TBARRY34

Post by TBARRY34 »

Dude I did, I even rolledback after it didnt work....I updated it a while back when I had that flashing problem. Although it's very difficult to find drivers for this laptop dell just says something along the lines "The Monitor size and different Laptops have different drivers for the same card go to ATI." Well I went there and still have the most to date one.....It's pretty frustrating I don't understand why I can ride the FIRST track I load (I can restart on the same track, as long as thats the only track I ever play everytime I open MX) Everytime it try to change tracks it crashes...And this was all working completely fine last time I was here.....

Dell M6400
ATI FirePro M7740
Core2Duo @3.06
8gb ram
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's pretty clear that it's crashing in the OpenGL driver (atioglxx.dll) when it deletes unused textures. That's why it doesn't happen on the first track - there are no unused textures to delete at that point.

It might be worth trying the driver cleaner from yzmxer's tutorial
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TBARRY34

Post by TBARRY34 »

JLV that worked great. Problem I was having for future reference was my girlfriends Dell Laptop wouldn't download new drivers ((Since Dell has a "download manager")) which doesn't work unless you download a bunch of microsoft updates. What I did was clear out my cookies allowing me to avoid the download manager and re-download just the driver. I used yzmxers tutorial and it worked. Thanks for the help!