How hard is it?

Post your questions here
Cory976

How hard is it?

Post by Cory976 »

O.K. I know there have been other posts about this, but I want more detail other than " just keep practicing and you'll get it" or " it takes time to learn it". But for the life of me, I CANNOT RIDE WITH ARCADE PHYSICS TURNED OFF!!!! It Knifes and cuts, lowsides, and washes the front wheel out from underneath me often. I've tried using peoples recomended settings, and I can notice a difference, but I still can't make a lap on ANY track without this happening. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE SOME OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN PLAYING THE GAME TO CONTROL IT EFFECTIVELY???. I have been playing for 4 months now, and always go back to arcade physics to ease my frustration.

I saw a Youtube video that showed a camera angle of the controller and the screen, and the guy gave a tutorial on how to ride without Arcade physics. I'm having trouble locating it though.

CAN SOMEONE POST AN INFORMATIVE VIDEO ON HOW TO CONTROL THE BIKE WITH ARCADE PHYSICS TURNED OFF! ( and please don't ask me if I've seen the "Turorial section) . . ..YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
JP37R
Team: JPR

Re: How hard is it?

Post by JP37R »

When I bou and be patientght the game, I just learned with arcade off. You have to be very smooth on the controls (can't jab at them like mx vs atv) and be patient, ride slow and gradually work your speed up. Too many new players try to go fast before they learn the basics. Just pick an easy track like X1B and only focus on NOT crashing, no matter how slow you have to go. 1 lap then 2 then 3 and so on without crashes. Once you get pretty good at riding around smooth without crashing, then you can begin to speed up a little. Also when you begin, you will want to start with a high stability, 80 or so, and as you get faster you will notice it doesn't react quick enough, then drop the number until it feels slightly unstable to you, and keep practicing. The goal will be to ride smooth with the stability about 15 or so, but work your way down there, if you lower it before you're ready, you will just get frustrated.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

First off, using caps lock doesn't make your point any more clear. In fact, it almost turned me off from being nice enough to reply to you.

Secondly, take all those MX vs ATV bull crap techniques and throw them right out the window.

Thirdly, you need to act like you are just learning how to ride a bicycle in real life. Start out slow and smooth, don't try anything crazy, and get a "feel" for the physics. I'd start with somewhere between 40 and 50 stability.

1. Practice taking bermed and flat corners smoothly. Berms obviously allow you to lean further and thus round corners faster. Flat corners you need to be smooth with the throttle and be careful not to lean too much.

2. Practice jumping smoothly (don't whip yet). Stay neutral on the bike as you set up for the jump. At the lip, lean back a little and then return to a neutral position once you are airborne. Leaning forward in the air actually pulls your bars upwards, helping to bring the front end up. Try to land with the rear tire first, with the front tire closely after.

The smoother you are in this game, the safer and more consistent you are. Forget about trying to go fast right now because that will just make you inconsistent and will probably leave your rider sunburned.

I know it sounds like a broken record, but PRACTICE actually does help in this game, as with most other simulations.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Cory976

Post by Cory976 »

O.K Thank you guys!

I will practice, practice , practice. But one other thing . . When I turn left while on the ground, it turns left. But when I leave the ground and turn left, as soon as I'm in the air, the wheel turns right! (WTF?) Is that normal? :oops:
Cory976

Post by Cory976 »

. . .And, is LEAN and LEFT the same function? Or is there a "Left" button and a "Lean" button?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jamie408

Post by jamie408 »

Cory976 wrote:. . .And, is LEAN and LEFT the same function? Or is there a "Left" button and a "Lean" button?
yeh would be nice to see a answer tho this. because im just using a keyboard. i can only turn left and right i lean with the turn but i can not just lean. and OMG doing a whip is imposable my bike just points the way i turn no whip there wot so ever. please help
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

^^^ that is your answer^^^^^^
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

four months is still early it takes time to play. first of dint use arcade thats why this game isnt reflex cause its a simulator and you dont just go flying throught everything in real life do you. its all about throttle control and small movments in this game slowing down means going faster by doing 1 lap without crashing and then progressing from there. As for set up you can try anyones set up and i think they will all agree a set up is based on your riding not theres. sotest with what does what like more or less in damping for suspension things like what sokes up bumps and also back is your savor every bump learn back i constantly tap it through whoops and bumps on the out doors. eventullay you will learn to use less brake in the corner and commit to the berm lean and keep a steady throttle remember its a linear throttle so it rolls on like real.