Importing ramp

Post your questions here
GpxMoto

Importing ramp

Post by GpxMoto »

OK i downloaded a ramp for a new fmx compound I'm making

I've done everything that was instructed to do in this thread: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... ts#p178901

now i have 2 png files and the tut doesn't explain how to use the 2 png's with some objects usually with my knowledge you would do something like this
@"track name"/skins/"name".png/"name".png (/ to use both?) is this correct or not

after awhile i think i got it right but when i load the track i just get a little block on the editor but on the game there's nothing at all
before i added the (/) i got a message saying missing ramp_50.png i fixed that by adding the (/) between the 2 png files in the code
then after that the message was gone but no object just a black rectangle showing up in the middle of the editor ONLY!

this is my statue code as it stands (my statue file is not a txt or plain text file it's just a standard non format file like i was told to do)
[1000.000000 0.000000 1000.000000] 0.000000 @track/models/ramp_50.jm
@track/skins/ramp_50.png/ramp_50_norm.png @track/collision/ramp_50.shp

the ramp_50_norm.png is like some sort of shading file it's a purple and blue picture (don't no what it's called) and it also said that was missing until i added the (/) between the 2 png's

does any one no what I'm doing wrong?

if i missed something in the tut make sure to pull me up but i had a read of it all
GpxMoto

Re: Importing ramp

Post by GpxMoto »

UPDATE

Was making other stuff for my track until i crashed by hitting the ramp the ramp on my track is invisible
ddmx

Re: Importing ramp

Post by ddmx »

[0 0 0] 0 @track/ramp.jm @track/ramp.png @track/ramp.shp

ramp_norm(spec).png don't get listed in the statues line. The game automatically finds them, because they're named the same, only with the _norm or _spec attached.