How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on Mac (New 2017 guide!)

Post your questions here
dan_kxf
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Post by dan_kxf »

I have installed the game using wine and it opens only thing is that there is no text what so ever. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Not mine!
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

This is the message i get every time i try to run MxSim through PlayOnMac. What does this mean and what do i need to do to fix it?
wine(9197,0x401fc000) malloc: *** error for object 0x40363184: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
[01/29/15 22:16:01] - Running wine- mx.exe (Working directory : /Users/student/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MxSimulator_/drive_c/Program Files/MX Simulator)
No tracks found
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

Ive also tried going to the mx.exe file and clicking open with wine. When I do this the program opens but its just a grey screen with empty boxes where it should say New Race etc. Whats the deal?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

For your first post I think it is that the game doesn't find any tracks at the location: /Users/student/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MxSimulator_/drive_c/Program Files/MX Simulator If you would try to put all your mxsimulator files there, it may work. For the wine thing, it actually works, however that was a bug you were getting on mac. He released a snapshot update for that. So if you try to download the latest snapshot you may get it to work.
fodor110
Team: Team-Eger

Post by fodor110 »

Hi! Guys, how can I get Mx Simulator 1.8 for Windows 7?
jakis15

Post by jakis15 »

Hi I have the game on my Mac through wine app, then I download tracks and skins, convert them to sas with simplyrar.. I extract and put them in the game folder but nothing happens!!
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

jakis15 wrote:Hi I have the game on my Mac through wine app, then I download tracks and skins, convert them to sas with simplyrar.. I extract and put them in the game folder but nothing happens!!
Converting to .sas?
jakis15

Post by jakis15 »

saf. sorry!
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

jakis15 wrote:saf. sorry!
You "can't" convert things to .saf. Either it's a rar file, that extract it or it's a saf file you download.
lipps199

Post by lipps199 »

Hey man! My first post on this forum!

I run on a Late 2011 MacBook Pro. I have downloaded some tracks and such but it seems some of the textures and objects are missing. I understand that you might need an object pack that the track dev will post along side the track download link. However, some people don't provide these object packs and stuff doesn't show up.

My point; Is there like a basic object pack that many people use that I might not have?

Also, a bit unrelated... but I'm looking for a track. One that is forgiving but doesn't make me feel like I'm riding Rabbit Hill. Something with some decent jumps but isn't super challenging. I'm ok but I make a lot of mistakes. I understand the physics and what needs to happen but my hands are not muscle memoried yet.

Thanks ahead!
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Here's an easy short MX track I made a few years ago: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5x2bw ... /bt1mx.rar

Here are a few necessary object packs: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131

Also you may have the correct object packs, but if you place them in a subfolder, they will not work. This is wrong:
Mx Simulator/2015 Tracks/Buddscreek2015.saf

This is correct:
Mx Simulator/Buddscreek2015.saf

Hope it made sense :)

Other relatively easy and beginner friendly tracks are: Scrub or Dead (good for learning jumps), Elworth Raceway, Springburg, Old Goldberry. There is a lot of easy tracks if you go back to the earliest pages of the "tracks" section.
lipps199

Post by lipps199 »

I appreciate the help.

Also, one more thing. I use a DualShock PS4 controller using JoystickMapper. I want the throttle and brake to be pressure sensitive. Is this possible?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

lipps199 wrote:I appreciate the help.

Also, one more thing. I use a DualShock PS4 controller using JoystickMapper. I want the throttle and brake to be pressure sensitive. Is this possible?
Not sure, I think I've seen a guide for it. Search the forums, you might come up with something.
lipps199

Post by lipps199 »

Wahlamt wrote:
lipps199 wrote:I appreciate the help.

Not sure, I think I've seen a guide for it. Search the forums, you might come up with something.
I have man. To no avail unfortunately... What do you use to play?