How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on Mac (New 2017 guide!)

Post your questions here
GimpedT
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Post by GimpedT »

Oops I was so excited I forgot I needed the installer and not just the update. Followed the tutorial and works like a charm!! Thanks for the help!!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

GimpedT wrote:Oops I was so excited I forgot I needed the installer and not just the update. Followed the tutorial and works like a charm!! Thanks for the help!!
Glad to hear! :)
GimpedT

Post by GimpedT »

Alright me again, now I can not get the skins in the game... I have a MXS folder in Applications along with the mxsimulator-1_8-install.exe inside this folder. I download for instance One Industrie carbon 2013 Leatt by Nicomxbikeur.saf. I put it in the MXS folder start the game through CrossOver and nothing... I have followed the tutorial and others. The tutorials look pretty simple. So not sure what I may be doing wrong. Any ideas??

Using:
mxsimulator-1_8-install.exe
CrossOver Version 12.1.1 (12.1.1.26821)
MacBook Pro
Version 10.8.2
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

Put all your skins and track HERE
go to library-application support-crossover games-bottles-mx sim (or whatever)-drive c-program files-MX Simulator- your there :D
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
GimpedT

Post by GimpedT »

Worked!!! Thanks for the help guys!!!
david147p

Post by david147p »

Scotty226 wrote:
go to library-application support-crossover games-bottles-mx sim (or whatever)-drive c-program files-MX Simulator- your there :D
I used wine...where do I save the tracks and skins for that?
kawy949

Post by kawy949 »

david147p wrote:
Scotty226 wrote:
I used wine...where do I save the tracks and skins for that?
Should be something like this:
/Users/USERNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Mx Simulator/drive_c/users/USERNAMEHERE/Local Settings/Application Data

Hope this helps
david147p

Post by david147p »

Yes I figured out how to save them. Thanks for your help Jon!
bmx_ch

Post by bmx_ch »

Hello, i'm totally new to mxs.. And i followed all your instructions! Thanks so much for the help i have it running on my macbook with crossover.
Using a PS3 controller works perfectly via bluetooth. I have just one problem, i am not able to get new tracks and skins.. Not sure what the problem is.. I have found my C folder in crossover with the zzzz. Files but then i downloaded for example the stewart compound, unpacked it and put the folder into the same folder as the zzzz. Files but in mxs i cant find anything!
Does anybody know what i possibly do wrong? What do you mean with "for some tracks you need a model" am i just downloading the wrong tracks mabey?

Cheers David
bmx_ch

Post by bmx_ch »

all of a sudden.. it works now! did not do anything different haha
thanks anyway!! your post was so helpful! now i just have to be
able to do a lap without crashing every 5m :-/

cheers
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

bmx_ch wrote:all of a sudden.. it works now! did not do anything different haha
thanks anyway!! your post was so helpful! now i just have to be
able to do a lap without crashing every 5m :-/

cheers
That takes a while.. I still can´t go extremely very long w/o crashing :p focus to go slow and not crash instead of fast and crash, it really helps in the long view ;)
68Smokin'

Post by 68Smokin' »

Hello, I've searched around and I can't seem to find a way to get skins to work.

I'm on a Mac OS X Mavericks using Wine with the demo (for now). I've unzipped different skins to the folder where I have MX Simulator, but nothing works, I downloaded the 2010 Crf 250 from the necessary models page, but nothing comes up, do I now need a "skin" for this as well? This is probably due to my fundamental misunderstanding of how the system works, but I tried downloading the "P2sta" character and a Shoei helmet, and they don't work either. Could someone list a concrete set of files that they know work together so I can understand how models and skins work? Thanks,

Rob
68Smokin'

Post by 68Smokin' »

Hello, I've searched around and haven't found an answer to my question, so here it is.

I'm running the MX Simulator Demo on OS X Mavericks using Wine, I've tried a bunch of different skins but I haven't gotten any of them to work. I downloaded the 2010 CRF 250 from the necessary models page, but nothing comes up. Do I need a "skin" for this as well? Can the files be in folders? All files are unzipped. I've also downloaded the "P2sta" character as well as a Shoei helmet, but nothing shows up when go to "riding gear" or "helmet". Can someone list a concrete set of files that they know will work together so I can get an idea of how this works. What am I missing here? Does the "P2sta" need riding gear to go along with the character model itself?

Additionally, does anyone know how to put files in the "Windows view" of Wine? [C:\Program Files\MX Simulator Demo]. This could be one possible solution to my problem, I can view the files, but I can't paste anything in the folder. Thanks,

Rob
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If it helps any, Crossover hides the Windows C drive for each user/bottle here:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/<bottlename>/drive_c/
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.