How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on Mac (New 2017 guide!)

Post your questions here
68Smokin'
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Post by 68Smokin' »

Thank you I will try that and sorry for the redundant post
68Smokin'

Post by 68Smokin' »

It seems that Mavericks has eliminated the Users and Library features, which is why I'm unsure where to access the Application Data folder, if someone could tell me how to get there, I should be good to go.
mxracer458

Post by mxracer458 »

Ok guys I've been reading this thread for a while,i have a wired xbox controller,i have a iMac but I'm not the most computer literate person,is this really easy to run and set up? Im dying to play this game
david147p

Post by david147p »

mxracer458 wrote:Ok guys I've been reading this thread for a while,i have a wired xbox controller,i have a iMac but I'm not the most computer literate person,is this really easy to run and set up? Im dying to play this game
Honestly there is no easy way to play the game on a Mac. Just follow the video tutorial and it should work. It takes some time to make it work and get all the programs you need working correctly but in the end its worth it. I never get any lag and the graphics are amazing. Thank you retina :D
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

david147p wrote:
mxracer458 wrote:Ok guys I've been reading this thread for a while,i have a wired xbox controller,i have a iMac but I'm not the most computer literate person,is this really easy to run and set up? Im dying to play this game
Honestly there is no easy way to play the game on a Mac. Just follow the video tutorial and it should work. It takes some time to make it work and get all the programs you need working correctly but in the end its worth it. I never get any lag and the graphics are amazing. Thank you retina :D
Really wish I could get my hands on a mac so I could update this...
david147p

Post by david147p »

Wahlamt wrote:
david147p wrote:
Really wish I could get my hands on a mac so I could update this...
Your video still works Wahlamt and it is very helpful and I really apprecieated it when I got Sim working on my Mac... Although I used wine, it was still beneficial to see how the bottles work and using the .exe file.
travisrouse114

Post by travisrouse114 »

Why can't JLV just make one for the mac...Theres tons of mac users out there wanting to play this game (including myself)
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

travisrouse114 wrote:Why can't JLV just make one for the mac...Theres tons of mac users out there wanting to play this game (including myself)
It´s not too much trouble to install on a mac, as long as you have a will ;)
Snopro704

Post by Snopro704 »

Wahlamt wrote:
travisrouse114 wrote:Why can't JLV just make one for the mac...Theres tons of mac users out there wanting to play this game (including myself)
It´s not too much trouble to install on a mac, as long as you have a will ;)
yep just have to have troubleshooting skills and after a few months you will have a good feel on how to play this game on a mac (including getting and making skins, tracks, and all the other complicated stuff that goes with this game)
Flower Power - Am I an OG yet? :lol:
podium1

Post by podium1 »

haha :D
"Games fuckin Broken" -Dmull
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

podium1 wrote:haha :D
Hi
yentemx367
Team: privateer

Post by yentemx367 »

what did i do wrong?? the full is my game itself and the mx simulator game is my update 1.9
GoViDo Motorsports owner
number 67
kieranktm386

Post by kieranktm386 »

woooww
MxVelocity747

Post by MxVelocity747 »

I play on a mac, the only issue I've had is the controller, if it disconnects at anytime, i have to completely shut down my computer, as its off i plug it back in and fire my computer back up, all buttons worked but triggers don't, you have to type something into the config file for them to work. If you need help with the triggers or something with the controller, just pm me :D
"i hope you hang yourself from your shrimp dick" - Jared Siedhoff Image
KTM95

Post by KTM95 »

Guys,
You could just install wine and wine bottler and download mx simulator demo or if you have bought it right click the exe file and select open with wine then set in up with wine bottler which is easy and play, Its free and runs faster and better than crossover, if you need to install skins and tracks get a program call omni disk sweeper which is free and go into users, (your name), library, applicationsupport, then com.yourcompany.com and open that and put the skins and crap in there.