How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on Mac (New 2017 guide!)

Post your questions here
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Post by Wahlamt »

Windows and 360 controller, since 2012.
LukeRainier
Team: Saboo Racing

Post by LukeRainier »

Hello! so I've managed to get MXS working on my late 2012 macbook pro using wineskin. I've managed to also get the xbox360 controller working, however the right and left triggers do not wok on this game for me. any solutions? other than that the game runs great and the controller works great (except for triggers not working). The only problem i have is downloading tracks and skins. I've watched the video on how to do it but when i choose to extract them i cannot put them in my mx simulator folder, or into the game itself. i am able to extract them to .saf files and from there i try to drag them into the folder, which works except they do not appear in my game. I'm new to the computer gaming thing but I've managed to get it working for me, all except the tracks and skins. Could someone please help me out? i eventually want to get a gaming pc that runs windows but right now i have my mac and would like something new instead of the basic tracks and horrible stock skins. Thank you in advance if anyone decides to help me.
qwerty19
Team: Team YOLO Racing

Post by qwerty19 »

I downloaded the game and everything runs fine on my mac. But for some reason none of the tracks or skins show up even though i have unzipped them and have them in the same folder as all of the other .saf files
qwerty19
Team: Team YOLO Racing

Post by qwerty19 »

Also, where is your personal folder for mac? I might have just put everything in the install folder
MotorcrossIsLife
Team: Privateer

Post by MotorcrossIsLife »

Im having Trouble finding the .exe file for mx simulator, can someone help me out please! message me if can help
BilabongAthlete

Post by BilabongAthlete »

check your mx sim folder. It should be near the credits or near the saf 2013 file. Your can try searching mx.exe. If it does not appear try re downloading.
BilabongAthlete

Post by BilabongAthlete »

Hey Lipps check this link, I have been running non sensitive bumpers for 2 months and finally got it to work from this link for the Ds4 controller. It works perfectly. http://redbud.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35643 Credit goes to Guggen
CalebPatton

Post by CalebPatton »

MxVelocity747 wrote:I play on a mac, the only issue I've had is the controller, if it disconnects at anytime, i have to completely shut down my computer, as its off i plug it back in and fire my computer back up, all buttons worked but triggers don't, you have to type something into the config file for them to work. If you need help with the triggers or something with the controller, just pm me :D

Pm'd!
Wahlamt

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MAC

Post by Wahlamt »

Hi guys! I've recently got myself a Macbook and wanted to update my super old tutorials and do them properly this time. It seems that most people have gone to Wine instead of crossover, which is good I guess, since it's free. When I tried to look up "wine", it seemed like there was a few different ones out there, sooo... which ones do you guys use/have tried? These are the ones I found initially:
http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/
http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php
https://www.winehq.org/
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MAC

Post by jlv »

winehq.org is the official site. Probably the easiest since it just puts its files in ~/.wine instead of some weird "bottle" scheme.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KingIng44
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on Mac (New 2017 guide!)

Post by KingIng44 »

SO...everything is working great. get tracks, etc... everything is working except my setting won't save and everytime i quit and re open the game i have to redo them.. thats surely got to be fixable right?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

KingIng44 wrote:SO...everything is working great. get tracks, etc... everything is working except my setting won't save and everytime i quit and re open the game i have to redo them.. thats surely got to be fixable right?
Have you installed it using the old or new way? (Crossover or Wine)
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Anyone using wine on MacOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra)? Had to update my OS to update XCode which was dumb but thats beside the point. Anyway, the latest version of Wine just produces a black screen. My guess is it doesn't work or I need to reinstall sim? It's not too big of a deal since I'll be back at my PC in a few days, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

LKR47 wrote:Anyone using wine on MacOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra)? Had to update my OS to update XCode which was dumb but thats beside the point. Anyway, the latest version of Wine just produces a black screen. My guess is it doesn't work or I need to reinstall sim? It's not too big of a deal since I'll be back at my PC in a few days, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.
Seems to be a file system error, for the newer computers with ssds. The guy that answered wrote a longer more in depth of why, that you can probably find via his profile. So newest wine version won't work, nor reinstalling sim, tried both :( we'll just have to wait :(
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Wahlamt wrote:
LKR47 wrote:Anyone using wine on MacOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra)? Had to update my OS to update XCode which was dumb but thats beside the point. Anyway, the latest version of Wine just produces a black screen. My guess is it doesn't work or I need to reinstall sim? It's not too big of a deal since I'll be back at my PC in a few days, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.
Seems to be a file system error, for the newer computers with ssds. The guy that answered wrote a longer more in depth of why, that you can probably find via his profile. So newest wine version won't work, nor reinstalling sim, tried both :( we'll just have to wait :(
https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29728