How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on Mac (New 2017 guide!)

Post your questions here
68Smokin'
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:09 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby 68Smokin' » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Thank you I will try that and sorry for the redundant post

68Smokin'
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:09 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby 68Smokin' » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:14 pm

It seems that Mavericks has eliminated the Users and Library features, which is why I'm unsure where to access the Application Data folder, if someone could tell me how to get there, I should be good to go.

mxracer458
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:11 am
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby mxracer458 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Ok guys I've been reading this thread for a while,i have a wired xbox controller,i have a iMac but I'm not the most computer literate person,is this really easy to run and set up? Im dying to play this game

david147p
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:38 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby david147p » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:05 pm

mxracer458 wrote:Ok guys I've been reading this thread for a while,i have a wired xbox controller,i have a iMac but I'm not the most computer literate person,is this really easy to run and set up? Im dying to play this game


Honestly there is no easy way to play the game on a Mac. Just follow the video tutorial and it should work. It takes some time to make it work and get all the programs you need working correctly but in the end its worth it. I never get any lag and the graphics are amazing. Thank you retina :D

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 5893
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby Wahlamt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 am

david147p wrote:
mxracer458 wrote:Ok guys I've been reading this thread for a while,i have a wired xbox controller,i have a iMac but I'm not the most computer literate person,is this really easy to run and set up? Im dying to play this game


Honestly there is no easy way to play the game on a Mac. Just follow the video tutorial and it should work. It takes some time to make it work and get all the programs you need working correctly but in the end its worth it. I never get any lag and the graphics are amazing. Thank you retina :D

Really wish I could get my hands on a mac so I could update this...

david147p
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:38 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby david147p » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Wahlamt wrote:
david147p wrote:
mxracer458 wrote:Ok guys I've been reading this thread for a while,i have a wired xbox controller,i have a iMac but I'm not the most computer literate person,is this really easy to run and set up? Im dying to play this game


Honestly there is no easy way to play the game on a Mac. Just follow the video tutorial and it should work. It takes some time to make it work and get all the programs you need working correctly but in the end its worth it. I never get any lag and the graphics are amazing. Thank you retina :D

Really wish I could get my hands on a mac so I could update this...


Your video still works Wahlamt and it is very helpful and I really apprecieated it when I got Sim working on my Mac... Although I used wine, it was still beneficial to see how the bottles work and using the .exe file.

travisrouse114
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:17 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby travisrouse114 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Why can't JLV just make one for the mac...Theres tons of mac users out there wanting to play this game (including myself)

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 5893
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby Wahlamt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:12 pm

travisrouse114 wrote:Why can't JLV just make one for the mac...Theres tons of mac users out there wanting to play this game (including myself)

It´s not too much trouble to install on a mac, as long as you have a will ;)

User avatar
Snopro704
Posts: 723
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:30 am
Team: MadCape
Location: Minnesota

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby Snopro704 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Wahlamt wrote:
travisrouse114 wrote:Why can't JLV just make one for the mac...Theres tons of mac users out there wanting to play this game (including myself)

It´s not too much trouble to install on a mac, as long as you have a will ;)


yep just have to have troubleshooting skills and after a few months you will have a good feel on how to play this game on a mac (including getting and making skins, tracks, and all the other complicated stuff that goes with this game)
Image

User avatar
podium1
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby podium1 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:42 am

haha :D
NaTuRaL GoOn | MXSRaces Admin

User avatar
Boblob801
Posts: 3919
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 am
Team: Backflips Clothing
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby Boblob801 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 am

podium1 wrote:haha :D
Hi

User avatar
yentemx367
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:56 am
Team: privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby yentemx367 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:28 am

Image

what did i do wrong?? the full is my game itself and the mx simulator game is my update 1.9
GoViDo Motorsports owner
number 67

User avatar
kieranktm386
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 am
Team: Privateer
Location: New Zealand

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby kieranktm386 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:27 am

woooww

MxVelocity747
Posts: 612
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 am

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby MxVelocity747 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:01 am

I play on a mac, the only issue I've had is the controller, if it disconnects at anytime, i have to completely shut down my computer, as its off i plug it back in and fire my computer back up, all buttons worked but triggers don't, you have to type something into the config file for them to work. If you need help with the triggers or something with the controller, just pm me :D
Image

KTM95
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:56 am
Team: Privateer

Re: How to install Mx Simulator game, skins and tracks on MA

Postby KTM95 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:03 am

Guys,
You could just install wine and wine bottler and download mx simulator demo or if you have bought it right click the exe file and select open with wine then set in up with wine bottler which is easy and play, Its free and runs faster and better than crossover, if you need to install skins and tracks get a program call omni disk sweeper which is free and go into users, (your name), library, applicationsupport, then com.yourcompany.com and open that and put the skins and crap in there.


Return to “Help / Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests