How to transfer files on a flash drive?

Post your questions here
i_Bite#21

How to transfer files on a flash drive?

Post by i_Bite#21 »

Hey guys,
I no longer have MXS on my cpu with the internet on it. My brother got a new cpu from his school for 50 bucks.
So, my dad hooked the internet up to that computer. Leaving Mx simulator on the other one, I asked my dad if I could put MXS on this computer but he said no. I have the other one hooked up but without internet. I tried to use an 8 gig SanDisk Flash drive to transfer the files over for gear and tracks. I opened up the files and extracted them, but it seemed as if they were dead files. I did not download all of the models because this is my 3rd time havin MXS because my cpu has crashed. I dont know why I didn't. Anyone know how to get the files to work on the other end?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: How to transfer files on a flash drive?

Post by yzmxer608 »

If you just drag them they should work, so you kept them in the rars? I'm not sure what you mean by "dead files".

Btw, CPU is the central processing unit, not your whole computer ;).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
i_Bite#21

Re: How to transfer files on a flash drive?

Post by i_Bite#21 »

Thanks, I figured out the problem. I think it was because I kept them in a folder and i copied my mxs folder and put it in there. :roll: