CPU Lag Causing Glitching in Game

Post your questions here
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

CPU Lag Causing Glitching in Game

Post by tyskorn »

On Monday, practicing in 02 for the B Class SX my game kept glitching about every 10 seconds. Phathry told me it was being caused by CPU lag so I went and killed all the background programs running on my PC. It helped a lot, but my game was still glitching every once in a while and bad spots of multiple glitches sometimes. Then, while talking to Phathry about it more he informed me it's probably my AVG anti-virus causing it. Should I just unistall the anti-virus or is there a way I can set it up into a "game mode"?
Jester#132

Re: CPU Lag Causing Glitching in Game

Post by Jester#132 »

I've used avg for a while and it's never caused issues for me, you using avg free or?
And what cpu are u runnin?
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

I was using free before but on Monday right before the race (this is where I guess I should mention it has never done it before :lol: ) it wanted to do a big update so I did it then it asked if I wanted to try out the full version for 30 days and I downloaded it because I wanted that internet page status thing.

I don't have a clue what CPU I have. This is what the receipt says:
AMD 250 CPU X2
Jester#132

Post by Jester#132 »

Yeah so maybe its the full version, because it has alot more features, I suppose it takes up more cpu load when it is scanning shit in the background (I'm not sure just guessing here..)

I'd say uninstall the full version, switch back to free version and see if it helps, if not at least you know it's not avg..
cpu should be good ( depending on the rest of your system), but as you said.. it has never done it before, only after getting full avg, so thats most likely the cause.
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
tyskorn

Post by tyskorn »

Yeah, I'll try it out when I can get on there. Thanks for the help man.