Minimum computer requirements. How to find out info?

Post your questions here
tyler595y
Team: Privateer

Minimum computer requirements. How to find out info?

Post by tyler595y »

Id like to start playing mxsim but i dont want to buy it if its not going to run on my computer. All I know is that it is 3.00 ghz cpu and has 1.99 gb of ram. I dont know what kind of graphics card though so any help on how to find this would be great. I dont know alot about computers so your patience is appreciated
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Minimum computer requirements. How to find out info?

Post by yzmxer608 »

You would be able to play it, depending on what your graphics adapter is you might have to use lower graphics settings. In your control panel search for device manager and open it, then expand the arrorw next to Display Adapters and tell us what that says.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
tyler595y

Post by tyler595y »

It says . Intel(R) 829159/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

That's not the greatest but it should still run. Also update your drivers if you haven't recently, it should help some: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
tyler595y

Post by tyler595y »

how much will I have to turn the graphics down by? and are skins and tracks going to look all crappy?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I don't know the exact performance of it but you won't be able to max everything, that means skins will look blurry yes.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Try the demo. I'd expect about 20-30 fps with stock tracks and models. Most custom tracks and models will have you grinding down under 20 fps or worse. If you're going to play a lot you'll definitely want a better graphics card.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
tyler595y

More questions.

Post by tyler595y »

I have a few more questions and figured that I would post them in here instead.

- Even with a bad graphics card will the full game still look better than the demo?

- Is it possible to upgrade my graphics card and if so how will I know what is compatible?

- I know this is a very difficult game to learn and im willing to put the time in but how long does it take to start having fun and getting some fast motos.

- I see guys on youtube landing jumps and them hitting the brakes super quick into the corners without an issue. Is this because of bike setup or just hours of practice?

Any help would be appreciated! and im just trying to educate myself before I make the decision to buy the full game
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The full game with stock models and tracks will look essentially the same. There are better looking tracks and bikes to download but they will need a faster system to maintain a decent frame rate.

If you have a PCIe x16 slot you should be able to upgrade your graphics card. You can still get AGP cards too, but I'm not sure it would be worth trying to upgrade an old AGP system.

You can increase the braking force in the bike setup menu. It's mostly just practice though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
tyler595y

Post by tyler595y »

Im pretty sure I have the PCI slots because I bought and installed firewire ports a while back. So any graphics card thats compatible with the pci slots is compatible with my computer?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The PCIe x16 slot is different than the other PCI slots. There are some pictures here.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
tyler595y

Post by tyler595y »

Ahhh alright I just looked up my computer model only to find that the graphics card is not upgradable. How much of a diffrence will updating my drivers make? and if I get a new Computer in the future will I have to buy the game again?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The Intel 910 will be fairly slow no matter how good the drivers are. You won't have to buy the game again for another computer, although if more than one person is going to be playing you'll need a key for each player.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
tyler595y

Post by tyler595y »

Well looks like ill just go for it and see what happens once I get a little better at this demo. Getting fed up with mva and looking forward to some realism haha