personal forlder issue

Post your questions here
nings400
Team: Privateer

personal forlder issue

Post by nings400 »

Hey people,

I have two operating system loaded at the moment vista and windows 7. I am currently swaping everything over to 7 but personal folder wont work. and i cannot find it anymore. is there anyway i can make a new personal folder? sorry im a computer noob. any help will be appreciated

Thanks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: personal forlder issue

Post by jlv »

It will make itself when you run the game. If you mean the shortcut, run the installer again.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
nings400

Post by nings400 »

hey jlv thanks for the reply. I now have massive lag problems running the game on windows 7. like down to 10 fps depending on track. on vista i could run 60 plus. i have the recent driver updates aswell. could it be because i have two operating systems? mxs works 100% fine on vista.

Thanks heaps
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Are you sure you aren't running the Microsoft OpenGL drivers on 7?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
nings400

Post by nings400 »

Sorry not to flash with computers. what do you mean sorry?
Prada

Post by Prada »

I am also getting massive lag on any track and I'm on windows 7. I also have red textures above the terrain on all of my tracks too...
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

nings400 wrote:Sorry not to flash with computers. what do you mean sorry?
A fresh install of Windows will still have the default Microsoft OpenGL drivers which will not be hardware accelerated.
Prada wrote:I am also getting massive lag on any track and I'm on windows 7. I also have red textures above the terrain on all of my tracks too...
Set "Enable Ground Mipmaps" to "No". If that doesn't fix it, set "Use Framebuffer Objects" to "No".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
bob117

Post by bob117 »

jlv wrote:
Prada wrote:I also have red textures above the terrain on all of my tracks too...
Set "Enable Ground Mipmaps" to "No". If that doesn't fix it, set "Use Framebuffer Objects" to "No".
that didnt fix the problem for me. it has been working fine, but when i went to play today it was like that.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'll have an update in a couple of weeks that I hope will work no matter how bad the drivers are. It won't require any render to texture capability at all.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com