Arlington HotLap

Post your screenshots and videos here
barrington314
Team: me

Re: Arlington HotLap

Post by barrington314 »

Boblob801 wrote:
barrington314 wrote: I still dont know why you think 1:1 solves whats being talked about. It doesn't
You said the tracks need to be tighter and more technical, 1:1.
I did not say that. I think the tracks are scaled fine. I think the jumps should be more rolled instead of curved like vert ramps, this might help with people casing and crashing so violently. I think resistance like DJD mentioned could be a factor in why we can jump so far. But Im sure theres going to be a cause and effect going on with that.
Trying to find a really good close up of how much more the real jumps are rounded. This one kind of shows you. Not that I expect JLV to make a change in how he does things mid season. But maybe some things can be explored for the future.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Just posting these up to show that big rhythms arent completely out of this world. Stewart goes 3,4,5 and manages to stop for the berm too. Reed goes 3,4,4 on that one straight.

barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Those are not AMA supercross tracks.
Nothing wrong with tripling in btw.
And before you try hard and show me a quad in an ama supercross race, ive already seen stewart do them. And when he does, they are major hucks and he is the only one to do them. The flow of mxs IS to do the quads. In other words, you have to slow down to triple. The momentum in this game seems exaggerated.
Look at A1 this year. In game, 1st rhythm lane the quad was insanely easy. IRL many top level pros had problems keeping a consistent rhythm that included tripling through.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Like I said, steepen the backsides of the jumps and the rhythms will be harder. Also, in MX Sim, everyone is James Stewart.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

haha jlv keep the whoops as you did on A2, san diego and arlington other whoops i cant go over 8) and the other version looks so fun, barrington if you make it it would be awesome!!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

barrington314 wrote: I did not say that.
Your right, I have no idea were I got that from.

I can see how smoothing everything would work but once done who would crash?
Obviously there needs to be a risk factor.
I do agree the tips of the jumps should be rounded, I die when my back end clips it.

I haven't tested with a 450 at all but I still believe if the berm is tighter you cant get as much speed
and if the jump is closer that's even less. I also find the jumps throw you long instead of high.
Might be worth you looking into Barrington, you seem to replica JLV's tracks rather well, that's if you don't mind.
Hi
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Thanks, I want to try some different methods. And this weeks track is obviously going to be way different. So I guess Ill try them there and everyone can have their say. :D

JLV is a wizard and I love his tracks. So I hope he isn't taking my comments the wrong way.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

based on what people are saying I'd go for rounding off the peaks, steepen the back of the jumps and work on the traction resistance.

i'am not very good at this game but even I find it easy to triple then quad and go big regularly its insane the berms need to be steeper and tighter to reduce corner speeds as the best 450 rider can carry ridiculous corner speed allowing them to fly through a rythem section easily
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think steepening the landings will work, as long as the takeoffs throw you up and not out.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

Boblob801 wrote:
barrington314 wrote: I did not say that.
I can see how smoothing everything would work but once done who would crash?
Obviously there needs to be a risk factor.
I do agree the tips of the jumps should be rounded, I die when my back end clips it.

You should crash if you clip the back end much. dragging the brake helps but basically if your linkage contacts the dirt, you should endo.

The reason I think that some of the jumps could be rounded, is so that:

a) there are combos that you won't be able to hit regardless of the speed you carry, simply because you won't get the lift and
b) you'll be able to get back into a rhythm if you have to roll past a downed rider or want to go far inside. With super peaky rhythm sections you can't roll in and stay on the ground like you can IRL

my $0.02 anyway
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:I think steepening the landings will work, as long as the takeoffs throw you up and not out.
If you steepen the takeoffs you'll be right back to the huge combos. The current takeoff slopes are realistic. It's the landing slopes that are unrealisticly forgiving, which isn't entirely bad IMO.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:I think steepening the landings will work, as long as the takeoffs throw you up and not out.
If you steepen the takeoffs you'll be right back to the huge combos. The current takeoff slopes are realistic. It's the landing slopes that are unrealisticly forgiving, which isn't entirely bad IMO.
I would much rather the landings be realistic, as well. Supercross should be very technical.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
I would much rather the landings be realistic, as well. Supercross should be very technical.
Ill try this out with an updated version of dallas. But I also wanted to up the resistance.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

Do you think you could make it 1:1 scale too?
BAMBAM151
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by BAMBAM151 »

Epic :shock: :shock: