Thank You MX Simulator! (Video)

Post your screenshots and videos here
AuTo MaTik
Team: SYS

Re: Thank You MX Simulator! (Video)

Post by AuTo MaTik »

Well shit Kellen.. It's been an honor just knowing you man. I've had an awesome time teaming with you the past year and a half. We have so many awesome memories man. I know we'll keep in touch, whether it be TS, Facebook, or Twitter, but it's not gonna be the same without you on the track. I know I may not come back, but if I do, it's gonna be weird haha. Best of luck man, I'll see ya around. :cry:
I'm washed.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

Well man, not good to see you go, cool video and i understand everything you mean mate, the people you meet here are like a second family, despite the tension between a few of us because of how competitive we all are :lol: I think most older guys now respect one another which is good, i've been here since Thu Nov 06, 2008 and playing before i made my forum account, i've met many different people on here and have had the chance to see the community grow/change. I dunno man i'm wafflin a little but i understand the friendships you get through this game in the time you're here, it honestly is amazing.

Not sure if we had any biffs i don't remember but i know we battled a few times on the track and am going to miss it mate, really hope you come back in the future after your time away.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Much respect for making this video and this post, Kellen. We've had some epic times that have created some pretty awesome memories, and its those experiences that you will look back on later in life and just smile at. Sure, it may sound corny, but even these virtual experiences stick with you forever.

I know exactly how you feel and it's exactly why I've gotten away from the racing scene in this game, as well. I, too, had the time of my life back in the day when we would just hang out and do absolute random stuff on vent or in teamspeak, and it was a new thing every day. The community became stale feeling around race season; everyone would be on complete edge. Past friends would become enemies, and the worst was brought out in people. Sure, practising day-in and day-out, pushing my gaming ability to the limit was just plain gnarly at one point, but you live through that and kind of grow out of it, and find that just messing around with buddies is way more fun than boiling your blood trying hard. I'll be the first one to admit that I took racing VERY seriously. In fact, it took priority over real life things in my case. Looking back 3 or so years ago, I'm pretty sure it hurt my 7+ year relationship with my now ex-GF.

My turning point was when I stopped taking racing so seriously, got away from computer gaming for awhile, and just starting living life. However, every time i've taken a break, I'd always come back. I still mess around with this game every now and then, and don't care that I'm probably equivalent to a B rider now. It's all about fun, and every time I play this game, it puts a grin on my face.

Good luck with your future, buddy. It seems like things are already working out for you. 8)
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I think I'll always remember Kellen's hyena status laugh when we were all in TS together some nights :lol:
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Great stuff Kellen! Although you, and I essentially ended up not really getting along I have mad respect for your talents both writing, as well just being a great person. I must say this game brought out the worst in me. No excuses it was all my fault. I went from being good friends, and easy to get along with the early stages of Vent guys mikey,nate,checkerz, etc etc to being an arrogant asshole. I spent waaaaay too much time playing MXS , and doing videos that it took time away from my family. Again not the games fault it was all mine, but it is very very easy to get so wrapped up in this game that living life, and experience good times seems like a bummer than it should be. I do not play anymore, nor really ever get on the forums ( just randomly wanted to check up on stuff ). Be it I just went through a tough divorce ( Ex likes black dong apparently ) haha but I would have for sure loved to replace time spent in this game to time spent with her, and enjoying family more. Now I am doing good, back doing what I was born to do living out my professional Golf life again, and getting back to what life was all about.

Sorry to make this post about me, but your video, and post really helped open my eyes to how much of a shit head I turned into. Sad part, is I never knew how much I had changed during the whole time. Thank you Kellen for being a great person, and good luck with your career! Love seeing your name on the contributors list on Vurb. Again great job on the video!
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Its a sad day in video game history when the man that introduced a lot of people into simulator with his vurbmoto hotlaps leaves the game, im not gonna lie i thought i was gonna get misty when i saw this bro, we all Love our Kellen.
---RiLeY---151---
Team: Factory Privateer

Post by ---RiLeY---151--- »

Thanks a lot Kellan, for being a awesome person and helping this game out a ton. Appreciate it man, Good Luck to you!!
---RiLeY---151---
Team: Factory Privateer

Post by ---RiLeY---151--- »

I don't even know Kellen well enough to spell his name correctly :lol: :lol: :lol:
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Bye Kellen. Been great playing and talking with you. Loved your brutal supercross-voice :lol:

I'll still stalk you on instagram, I hope we can meet up next time I go to 'merica.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Ditto. I have been dying to have the fun come back, but it won't :cry:

Good post Kellen, I think I agree with and feel many of the same things. It's a bummer for sure, but DAMN we've all had some great times together in the past. For me, definitely getting out of college and getting more serious about life forced me away, but even now when I come back it just isn't the same anymore.

Fuck it.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

:roll: