Good Bad Ugly?

Post your screenshots and videos here
Redbull727

Good Bad Ugly?

Post by Redbull727 »

Beside the crappy graphics. Is it ALRIGHT? Like a watchable video? I am not the best video maker and the best rider but I am just trying to have a bit of fun :)
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Good Bad Ugly?

Post by MXTrent75287 »

Lol well what's the subliminal message? Get back up and try again? Video was ok imo
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
Redbull727

Post by Redbull727 »

MXTrent75287 wrote:Lol well what's the subliminal message? Get back up and try again? Video was ok imo
The message was... I don't know. Honestly I just wanted to make a video with just randoms.
FALETTI480
Team: | POGO |

Post by FALETTI480 »

better at making videos than me... what track is at 1:40
goudbeekie
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TattlerMX Honda

Post by goudbeekie »

bad sorry man. You need to learn alot
Redbull727

Post by Redbull727 »

goudbeekie wrote:bad sorry man. You need to learn alot
Learn what? I don't have the studio's to make a excellent movie. I have a cracked version of Camtasia 7 and a crappy laptop. Only so much I can do. But thanks for the feedback. I hope to buy a new Desktop for gaming soon so my videos will have a lot better graphics.
Redbull727

Post by Redbull727 »

FALETTI480 wrote:better at making videos than me... what track is at 1:40
Lawl thanks. 1:40 is a track that came with the came. I forgot the name of it...
goudbeekie
Crushed Dissenter

Post by goudbeekie »

Work more with your FOV and the places where you record from. So not in the middle of the track, but from real places! I learned it on a crappy laptop too haha :) Goodluck mate!
Redbull727

Post by Redbull727 »

goudbeekie wrote:Work more with your FOV and the places where you record from. So not in the middle of the track, but from real places! I learned it on a crappy laptop too haha :) Goodluck mate!
Ah now that's what I want to hear! Lawl if I had someone with a server (My friend is sleeping and he barely plays) I would ride with them and show off some stuff. SO thhe camera would be trackside and look sick. But thanks for the feedback :D
mxmasta57
Crushed Dissenter

Post by mxmasta57 »

Pretty decent, just use spots you would use in real life too, play around with your field of view and you'll get there.
Also, don't show crashes, haha :lol:

Goodluck.
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

Seriously, 3rd person cam view NEVER looks good. :wink: Just use the free camera so the bike doesn't follow the cam, find a couple of good spots and that's it.
Second, when I heard the music I felt like watching a star wars fighting scene. But if you like it, okay then. The video just wasn't so epic as the music.
Also try to find the good looking movements, because all what happens in the game doesn't look any good or real.

These was just a few tips that will make a video better and doesn't need good hardware specs at all.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Ok so since you are asking for some advice, I will give my noob advice.

1. From 0=:30 seconds is what would be considered your intro. Make one. Basically what I would personally do, is show shots of the track. Panning left,right,up down using keycam etc. With the intro Start with just showing the track, then last 15 seconds or so of the intro, start to introduce your rider more and more. Where you went wrong is you started with " action " shots before the beat even dropped, and it was just confusing, and not very proper. Remember withing first I would say 20 seconds is the most powerful, that is what will give the viewer a decision, Continue?Or Exit? Sadly this left me at Exit. So really focus on the Intro, and making it more dynamic.

2. When you beat drops at 30 seconds, really make it a clip that is your " go to " clip so to speak. It is what will back up your initial 20 seconds of fame, and prove this is indeed worth watching. It is not very exciting when your build it up, and is just a bland shot. Make it worth while.

3. Indeed lower your FOV. Personally I use all ranges thoughout every single one of my videos. From 10-70 for my montage style shots, and 105, 88,15 or something like that for any 1st person shots.

4. Contrary to what Jre mentioned, 3rd person can actually be used for some pretty neat shots.However for the whole video? Negative, that is a NO NO IMO. It is ok to show crashes, but not more than a couple times I would say, maybe slow motion it, with some frame skips or something to make that crash actually fit the flow, and keep momentum. Switching it up always helps, but not too much.

Example of how you can use 3rd person for a nifty effect from 20-22 seconds is 3rd person.

5. Just have fun with it. Do it how you want to do it. These are just some pointers from one noob to the next, so before anyone comments with "Jeff you think you're some Video god stfu, you make 7.5 outta 10 videos " Drop it.
Just wanted to give you a few pointers from my personal perspective. Remember to keep the flow, which means get the attention, build it up, and drop that mofo back down for the outro.

Hope this helps you out.
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

MXJProductions wrote:Example of how you can use 3rd person for a nifty effect from 20-22 seconds is 3rd person.
I didn't think about that, pretty special effect indeed.
There was a couple of, a kind of professional tips even for advanced video guys.
ktmfan22
Team: Privateer

Post by ktmfan22 »

could i get linked with those new shape hondas cos all the links ive found dont work for me
="please try and open your eyes a little. (If your Asian, then disregard.)
James_122 wrote:This guy was harassing me last night saying that I am a cross dresser and stuff. It's not my fault I know how to accessorize.
Redbull727

Post by Redbull727 »

MXJProductions wrote:Ok so since you are asking for some advice, I will give my noob advice.

1. From 0=:30 seconds is what would be considered your intro. Make one. Basically what I would personally do, is show shots of the track. Panning left,right,up down using keycam etc. With the intro Start with just showing the track, then last 15 seconds or so of the intro, start to introduce your rider more and more. Where you went wrong is you started with " action " shots before the beat even dropped, and it was just confusing, and not very proper. Remember withing first I would say 20 seconds is the most powerful, that is what will give the viewer a decision, Continue?Or Exit? Sadly this left me at Exit. So really focus on the Intro, and making it more dynamic.

2. When you beat drops at 30 seconds, really make it a clip that is your " go to " clip so to speak. It is what will back up your initial 20 seconds of fame, and prove this is indeed worth watching. It is not very exciting when your build it up, and is just a bland shot. Make it worth while.

3. Indeed lower your FOV. Personally I use all ranges thoughout every single one of my videos. From 10-70 for my montage style shots, and 105, 88,15 or something like that for any 1st person shots.

4. Contrary to what Jre mentioned, 3rd person can actually be used for some pretty neat shots.However for the whole video? Negative, that is a NO NO IMO. It is ok to show crashes, but not more than a couple times I would say, maybe slow motion it, with some frame skips or something to make that crash actually fit the flow, and keep momentum. Switching it up always helps, but not too much.

Example of how you can use 3rd person for a nifty effect from 20-22 seconds is 3rd person.

5. Just have fun with it. Do it how you want to do it. These are just some pointers from one noob to the next, so before anyone comments with "Jeff you think you're some Video god stfu, you make 7.5 outta 10 videos " Drop it.
Just wanted to give you a few pointers from my personal perspective. Remember to keep the flow, which means get the attention, build it up, and drop that mofo back down for the outro.

Hope this helps you out.
Thanks! How do you zoom in like that? When you are skipping video to go with the flow of the song?