Whippertails n' Stuff: MX Simulator Roost

Post your screenshots and videos here
Fransoo773

Whippertails n' Stuff: MX Simulator Roost

Post by Fransoo773 »

After months and months that felt like they'd never end, I finally got this all wrapped up and ready to go. Before you guys watch it I want to give you some background on the context of this edit, so put some popcorn in the microwave and read this while it's popping.

About 4 months ago, my buddy Tony Spinelli and I came up with an idea for a bigger than average MXS edit that was 10 mins +, but had something different that set it apart from the edits in the past. At first we where going to try something that looked like Moto 4 The Movie but for Sim, however as the demos came in, it became more and more apparent to me that this could be something original, and not a mock-up style edit of the Moto series movies. Instead I transitioned the focus to making the game look as fun as it could possibly be, no over editing (you'll notice there's no colour ajustment on any of the clips), and instead make it just raw MXS awesomeness that came down like rain in the demos that everyone hooked me up with. There are a handful of shots that are just pure MXS style, and things you wouldn't see in real life. I hope you guys enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed being a part of it.

I've of course got to thank everyone involved, this was a big undertaking as I almost didn't deliver, but everyone from Kellen Brauer to Tony Spinelli never gave up on me or put any pressure on me to make it anything I didn't want it to be.

Now go grab that more than likely burnt popcorn and enjoy!

Ben Fransoo, OG.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Re: Whippertails n' Stuff: MX Simulator Roost

Post by MXJProductions »

Great job Ben, I wouldn't say this was any different than any other montage that has been done, but the length of the video deff was different. It was deff enjoyable, lost some flow halfway through, but picked it back up when I saw Mikeys whips.

My only complaints are quite a few frame skips did not even match the beat, as well lots of shots where the rider was out of frame, and was hard to tell who it was. Would have been cool to add name cards to the riders during the video to get an idea of who is who. As well in the intro focus on the riders a bit more.

Other than that, music was deff on point loved it, loved the riding, tracks etc. Sweet montage for sure!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Awesome video! I loved the segments and all the riders it was cool!

Music was on point. Love it.

6:56 fully 180* whip :mrgreen:
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

And Kellens Scrub-Sixty was dope!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

MXJProductions wrote:as well lots of shots where the rider was out of frame
I think that adds a bit of realism. Watch almost every moto vid, not every single clip has every single rider perfectly framed in the shot.
Flo#114
Team: FCrew/Twöla

Post by Flo#114 »

Oh my god, that's pretty huge!!!!!!! Awesome job ben, It is a pleasure to the eyes.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Devin you kill me dude! Was just giving my opinion on it. I know not EVERY shot has rider perfect in it, just is odd seeing entire shots with just the front wheel in the corner frame. As I said was a great video!
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

You just don't get the concept of the film Jeff, so this one isn't for you.
Ben Fransoo, OG.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

smh..... I give you all the compliments in the world, state one fault, and you literally turn it into a shit storm.
MXJProductions wrote:music was deff on point loved it, loved the riding, tracks etc. Sweet montage for sure!
MXJProductions wrote:Great job Ben
Is that not good enough for you? I am not arguing with you dude.

I enjoyed the video, I went straight to riding mxs after, even told the TS guys it was sick! What more of the concept am I not getting?
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

When you say it's just another average montage that wasn't different from any other.
Ben Fransoo, OG.
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Post by JTmoto »

Stop talking.

That was epic Shredder!
DJD

Post by DJD »

Mxs is not interesting enough to sustain a video longer than 5 minutes or so, all the riders are exactly the same, do the same things, look identical, same style. (Boned out :lol: )

There's really nothing in this video that is unique, its like 4 standard videos compiled into one long montage. Its all been done before, Don't act like you reinvented the wheel.

Each segment had cool moments, but nothing that made my senses tingle. There are some tricks you can use with multiple key frames to get some really interesting effects.

But Ill leave it for other people to discover, my days as a try hard Mxs videographer are over :lol:

Peace guys, hopefully you will see some real video from me within the year.

#lastpost
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

JTmoto wrote:Stop talking.
Ben Fransoo, OG.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

DJD wrote:Mxs is not interesting enough to sustain a video longer than 5 minutes or so, all the riders are exactly the same, do the same things, look identical, same style. (Boned out :lol: )

There's really nothing in this video that is unique, its like 4 standard videos compiled into one long montage. Its all been done before, Don't act like you reinvented the wheel.

Each segment had cool moments, but nothing that made my senses tingle. There are some tricks you can use with multiple key frames to get some really interesting effects.

But Ill leave it for other people to discover, my days as a try hard Mxs videographer are over :lol:

Peace guys, hopefully you will see some real video from me within the year.

#lastpost
CTE
Crushed Dissenter
Team: GFXvoid

Post by CTE »

Man.. one of the few game edits that are 10 min + I found enjoyable! Good job :D
GFXvoid MX Simulator Racing Team