Videos

Post your screenshots and videos here
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Re: Videos

Post by mxsrider96 »

nickuzick wrote:Race, it's a screenshot of a track that anyone could take. You shouldn't bitch about it because you're not the only one that can do it.
I think that's why he's "bitching". Thomas and Alanas could've easily made their own screenshot, but instead chose to just steal Race's (steal may be kinda strong, but oh well)
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

mxsrider96 wrote:
nickuzick wrote:Race, it's a screenshot of a track that anyone could take. You shouldn't bitch about it because you're not the only one that can do it.
I think that's why he's "bitching". Thomas and Alanas could've easily made their own screenshot, but instead chose to just steal Race's (steal may be kinda strong, but oh well)
You guys are always welcome to use my screenshots i did of A1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

motocross_will wrote:
mxsrider96 wrote:
You guys are always welcome to use my screenshots i did of A1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm done arguing this, I'll start using yours tho.
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

mxsrider96 wrote:
Anyone can do it.... but Nick has asked me to do screenshots for his releases :roll: . Done arguing this, hit me up in the pm's if you want to throw some dirt.
John23

Post by John23 »

kxalex31 wrote:thats pretty good for your first video John! Take a look at this video, it goes over the keycam and so you won't have to use the free roam camera which it looked like what you were using. Pretty much gives it more of a better looking drone shot.

No. I was using key cams, but I had too many which gave it the jerky look
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

At first I thought it was a bit ridiculous, but then I realized that the screenshot is "content" just like a model, skin, track, or a real life photo someone took at an event. Race had to use software he pays for and his time to put it together. Can everyone take the shot? Perhaps, but maybe not to the quality or edited to the quality of what he did. So yes, I think he does have a point now.

The safe way to approach this is to simply contact the person and ask before using any content. Most of the time, unless they are part of the greedy 3%, they will allow you to use their work if asked ahead of time.

I'm not sure what the side joke with August is about - can someone fill me in?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

To quote JLV:
jlv wrote:If you publish something without any license, the license is assumed to be "all rights reserved". If you want people to be able to legally redistribute your work or its derivatives you have to specifically give permission to redistribute.
And going to college, they're pushing this really hard, since the HAVE gotten sued over things like that, using images taken by others in the way that students use it and the students work gets published. It is a real thing to ask for permissions over pictures.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

August posted a screenshot in 2012 of his limit decal honda and it ending being used on the VMG virtual laps. Not sure if they had permission but he said something about it.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Racers52 wrote:August posted a screenshot in 2012 of his limit decal honda and it ending being used on the VMG virtual laps. Not sure if they had permission but he said something about it.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

nickuzick wrote:Talking
Stop.

Just Stop.

Stop.

Just Stop.

Stop.

Just Stop.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Lets' be real here though, it's only a game remember.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Racers52 wrote:August posted a screenshot in 2012 of his limit decal honda and it ending being used on the VMG virtual laps. Not sure if they had permission but he said something about it.
There was a thread a long time ago where the RF guys basically requested screenshots to use for promo type stuff. I did tell them they could use some of mine - not sure if I posted that one specifically or not, but I was/am pretty cool with it because I implied free reign for those guys. One of the screenshots was on the jumbotrons for a super long time.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 15#p377094 (there's an awesome argument in this thread if you're into that sort of thing)

Fun fact, JB edited that One Industries logo onto the shroud because they were sponsoring the site, but failed to realize that there were two logos from another graphics company in the screenshot. :lol:
Wahlamt wrote:And going to college, they're pushing this really hard, since the HAVE gotten sued over things like that, using images taken by others in the way that students use it and the students work gets published. It is a real thing to ask for permissions over pictures.
You have to be super careful with this! Students can use any materials (read: photos not marked for reuse) that they want for educational purposes , but kinda like you said, they can't claim those things as their own outside of an educational environment.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Fadez

Post by Fadez »

Yung Kryp wrote: evolves
No.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

James_122 wrote:General bullshit
add foe button fam
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News