Video Competition Results!!

Post your screenshots and videos here
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Video Competition Results!!

Post by onefoureight »

Firstly I'd like to say thank you to everyone who decided to enter, every edit was watched and appreciated.

Secondly I'd like to give a massive shout out to chex whom I only had to threaten his life ONCE for him to judge all these videos with me. Man, what a champ.

Lastly the results were uber close and tough to judge, other than that. Here's the results.
checkerz wrote:Entry:
Stephane Guido

Flow: 6
Quality: 8
Creative: 6
Average: 6.66

Bonus "sick": 1
Overall Score including bonus: 7.0
Comments:
The riding portions of this video are mostly epic. First shot of the dualies scrub earned the bonus point. Beginning had too much slow-mo scene shots before any action - I would normally have clicked off the video before any riding started. Luckily I stayed, because the riding stuff was awesome. Again, more slow background shots mixed in really knocked it down a touch for me. Transitions and angles were rad.

Entry:
NoFear345

Flow: 5
Quality: 6
Creative: 4
Average: 5.0

Bonus "sick": 0
Overall score including bonus: 5.0
Comments: Well made and nothing stood out as "poor"; however, nothing really excited me about the video. It was a single rider out pounding laps and not really doing anything overly exciting. Some wow moments or more unique angles would've helped raise this one up. A quality video, but didn't stand out for me.

Entry:
Squidmob567

Quality: 5
Creative: 8
Average: 6

Bonus "Sick": 1
Overall score including bonus: 6.3
Comments: The concept and intro was great, including the title into the end. I wish the concept was taken further with more old riding and footage, the zoomed shots of the "up to date" gear and bike was sweet, but would've loved the retro stuff to have the same amount of love. Also, it would've been okay to have a "middle" year, but not needed. There was a lot of "skipping" which hurt the quality score and flow score. Definitely a bit heavy on the slow mo shots. A few banging clips, but the slow mo and "average riding" stuff left my ADD struggling to focus on it. Heli shot at the end felt forced, a great idea but wasn't a banging shot and was tagged into the end of the video. Sprinkling in earlier would've helped. Bonus points for the sweet black/white old school MXS shots in the beginning. Quality score was also helped by the graphic overlay work, great stuff.

Entry:
manii20

Flow: 8
Creative: 7
Average: 7.66

Overall with Bonus: 8.0
Comments: Well made and executed concept. Filled with banging clips and sweet angles. Bonus points for some sweet angles of the scrubs and this video would sell me on MXS if I saw it. Ending was a bit abrupt but everything else flowed really well. Really liked the first transition into first person. Bike sitting alone on tracks shots at the intro were a bit odd, but didn't detract from the video or realism. Realism was sold well. Great entry.

Entry:
Tommysergi

Quality: 9
Average: 8.33

Overall with Bonus: 8.6
COmments: The effects and color correct on this were bad ass and helped add to the realism. I liked the longer clips versus just banging through a bunch of shorter ones. Banger clip was definitely the scrub pass on the hip double near the end. Music was great and edited to very well. The spinning track shots matching music was great.

Entry:
CrossflowRacing#16

Average: 7

Overall with Bonus: 7.3
Comments:
Concept was sick, music and editing to it was great. Kept my attention the whole time. Great job making freeride in MXS look "big" but realistic. Quality was dropped because you used shots showing the edge of the map and a skybox that doesn't match at all and the roost color - which roost is extremely important for a "dunes" video - was way off. Definitely enjoyed this video and the paddle tires and blank graphics helped sell the feel. Bonus banger shot was definitely the large huck at the beginning. Again, looked massive but not so big that it wasn't believable. A bit more polish on the video and the environment and this thing could've easily won.

Entry:
Wesleyproracetv

Flow: 7
Average: 6.66

Overall with Bonus: 6.6
Comments: The concept was cool, environment and mix of real shots from the video and riding shots was great a great idea and addition. For me, the riding shots were very blah, and slow mo was overdone on top of that. Execution on the riding and shots of the riding held this one back a touch. Still an above average video.

Entry:
AHeckman2

Average: 8

Overall with Bonus: 8.3
Comments: Great riding, well edited to music, and cool shots of both jumps/turns/etc. A bit overkill in the center of the video of shots with just the sky in the background, but some of the transition quick banging shots and great mix of short and long clips made this thing really pop for me. This video was a complete package and makes me want to pick up the controller and play.

Entry:
GuilhermeMX94

Creative: 5
Average: 5

Overall with Bonus: 5.0
Comments: The video would work okay to show off a lap around Muddy Creek, but there wasn't really any "excitement" for me with this one. It was just a rider running laps and showing the track in pretty standard angles. Not overly tied into the music and no "holy shit that was aweosme" shots. A better mix of short/long clips and close and far angles would definitely help. I would love to see you break out of your comfort zone a bit and try some new things.

Entry: Cry
Quality: 7
Average: 6.33

Overall with Bonus: 6.3
Comments: I liked this video. Having two riders was a bonus as it allowed shots to not be something that we've all seen before. Track choice was good and intro was well done. Panning shot along the fence line was nice too. Ending was rather abrupt.

Entry:
motoz293

Average: 6.33

Overall with Bonus: 6.3
Comments: Concept of a 2 part video and two songs was good. Wouldn't have minded seeing 3 or 4 parts and even shorter ones. A few banger shots sprinkled in with my favorite being the closing wheelie shot. Road jump shots were cool too. A few spots well edited to music, but also a mix of "blah" shots too. Ended pretty abruptly and transition between the two "parts" could still use some work. I still enjoyed this entry.

------

My rankings:

Tommysergi: 8.6
AHeckman2: 8.3
manii20: 8.0
CrossflowRacing#16: 7.3
Stephane Guido: 7.0
Wesleyproracetv: 6.6
MotoZ293: 6.3
Squidmob567: 6.3
Cry: 6.3
GuilhermeMX94: 5
NoFear345: 5
Ben McLeod wrote: Entry:
Stephane Guido

Flow: 6.5
Creative: 6.5
Average: 7.0

Overall Score including bonus: 7.3

I loved the fact you made a duel rider vid, it gives off a good vibe and makes the riding seem a tad more epic.
You scored a bonus point because I thought your transitions were great. I'm a big fan of the old school CoD over edits and it brought back some
memories. What I wasn't overly fond of was how long the opening cinematics were, and by the time you get into the riding I'd already lost some
interest. Next time try to the keep the clips coming and keep it exciting. Good work man.

Entry:
NoFear345

Creative: 4
Average: 6.3

Bonus "Sick" : 1
Overall Score including bonus: 6.6

The grandness of the video was great, the wide angled shots of the track and surroundings really showed the scale of place. The song choice was
prime, not something I'd personally edit to but it fit the 'just out for a rip' theme. While there was nothing poor about the video nothing really
stood out to me, but you managed to score a 'that was sick' bonus point with your shot down the hill. Also your effects could use some
smoothing as they seemed to be randomly added and weren't real clean looking. All in all a good video with nice flow.

Entry:
Squidmob567

Quality: 4.5
Creative: 9
Average: 6.5

Bonus "Sick": 1
Overall Score including bonus: 6.8

I absolutely loved the concept, and you scored huge for the creative side of things plus the bonus 'that was sick' point, but your quality was a let
down. Both the songs really fit well, giving them the older and then the more modern feeling. You had some killer shots but overall they seemed
kinda 'clunky' almost as though they were just mashed together. You had way too much slow mo, I understand your computer's not the best and
you might think the non slow mo shots would look laggy. Even if you just record at a solid 30 frames it'll look smooth on youtube. The clip cuts to
match the music when done right look cool, but they semmed a bit over done especially at the end. Overall, the concept was great and it was a
solid vid, but you do need a PC upgrade.

Entry:
manii20

Quality: 9.5
Average: 8.1

Bonus "Sick" : 1
Overall Score including bonus: 8.5

Quality for days, loved how smooth the clips were, no stutter and you used Lars's program very effectively. You had some great angles and you
some of those scrubs were amazing. You scored the extra point for the transition into the helmet cam, the only thing I'd say needed some work
was the intro was a bit weird with the random bike. But overall amazing video.

Entry:
Tommysergi

Average: 6

Overall Score including bonus: 6.0

The video was hella under exposed and was too dark for my liking, the colour correction while cool was over done. In my opinion you had some
really cool clips but you over did it with the length of some of the shots. If you're going to do longer clips make sure they flow well or they just
seem random and out of place. There was also some really laggy clips in there so you lost some points on the quality side of things. But overall it
was a pretty solid video all round.

Entry:
CrossflowRacing#16

Flow: 7.5
Creative: 7.5
Average: 7.0

Bonus "sick" 1.
Overall Score including bonus: 7.3

Music was perfect for a 'sending it' type of edit, really cool concept aswell. I know you said you rushed it but it still came out looking pretty damn
good. Couple of small faults, like seeing the edge of the track and a few laggy clips. But some of those shots were amazing, I really liked the part
near the start where you launching that dune. You scored my bonus point for the slo mo first person whip line. Sick job man.

Entry:
Wesleyproracetv

Creative: 7.5
Average: 6.1

Bonus "sick" 0.
Overall Score including bonus: 6.1

The concept was cool, although it was executed kinda poorly. Riding clips were definitely too slow and coupled with the slo mo over Tomacs voice
I was damn near falling asleep. There was also at least 4 times I noticed the 'keycam mode on' message appear. Apart from that there was
definitely some effort put into it and I did watch the whole thing because it was interesting be it mildly. If you were to do it again I'd recommend
more fast paced riding and put effort into railing like Tomac does.

Entry:
AHeckman2 (Alex Heckman)

Quality: 9.5
Average: 8.1

Bonus "sick" 1.
Overall Score including bonus: 8.5

Absolutely love that song, banger clips, sick riding, great quality, nuff said.
Only downfall is less slo mo, and needed bike sounds.

Entry:
GuilhermeMX94

Quality: 6.5
Creative: 5
Average: 5.5

Overall Score including bonus: 5.8

Just seemed like the same recycled edit you see now days, nothing special, nothing eye catching. EXCEPT, those 2 clips of the triple step up
throwing a whip. I loved that. I also had a solid laugh at how your suspension was reacting in those braking bumps.

Entry:
Cry

Average: 6.3

Overall Score including bonus: 6.3
Video was cool, I liked the fact you had two riders as it just gives it a fresh flow. Vid seemed kinda rushed, no real creatvity with the angles. I liked
the intro and some of your shots were legit. You have a lot of talent Mora, so I'd like to see you push the envelope and try some new angles and
ideas.

Entry:
motoz293

Average: 6.6

Overall Score including bonus: 6.6
I really liked the 2 part idea of an edit, when it's done right you can create two really different videos and keep it fresh which you managed to do.
It was just lacking in the flow and quality department. Again it seems like it was just mashed together and rushed, there wasn't any sort of finesse.
Overall I quite liked the entry as you edited to the music quite well.

manii20: 8.5
AHeckman2: 8.5
CrossflowRacing#16: 7.3
Stephane Guido: 7.3
Squidmob567: 6.8
NoFear345: 6.6
Cry: 6.3
Wesleyproracetv: 6.1
Tommysergi: 6.0
GuilhermeMX94 5.5
FINAL RESULTS

1st place - AHeckman2: 8.4

2nd Place - manii20: 8.25

3rd Place - CrossflowRacing#16: 7.3
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Re: Video Competition Results!!

Post by NoFear345 »

LOL
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

RIGGED
Raiders1629

Post by Raiders1629 »

How did devin not get top 3? Plus you say you want a realistic track but Heckman won and used a track that is not very realistic at all.
Kevin Ferzacca | National Numbers: #61 ('17) - #32 ('18) - #52 ('19) - #59 ('21) - Somehow Won EU 250 PRO Foxborough #WUNNA1
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

WOW! I did NOT expect to win! Thanks guys :D
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

Raiders1629 wrote:How did devin not get top 3? Plus you say you want a realistic track but Heckman won and used a track that is not very realistic at all.
I gotta agree devins vid was sick
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

So basically mine and chex scores were completely different in opinions, so the overall scores were all over the shop, I don't necessarily agree with them all the results but that's the way the cookie crumbles and I'm not going to take away any scores chex added because they were made with on his views. Devin didn't get a top 3 due to Chex giving him a 5. Even though I seriously liked Devins edit even if I gave him a 10 he'd barely scrape into top 3. And Devins edit yet in my opinion it wasn't worth a 10.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
onefoureight

Post by onefoureight »

Christ I gotta proof read before I chop and change.

But tl;dr thats how the results ended up.
StephaneGuido
Team: Evergood

Post by StephaneGuido »

Pff.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

While some will agree with scores and some won't, that's how it goes with judged contests. I did my best to explain my ratings and hope the feedback helps each of you at least look at your future videos with a bit more insight from a couple of viewers.

I didn't just randomly pull numbers of feedback out of my ass, I did my best to take time with each video and give valid points in each category.

If there was a realism category, perhaps it changed the results, but I based my scores on the categories given.
NoFear345

Post by NoFear345 »

onefoureight wrote: Video Criteria

2) The track must be a realistic scaled track, (rF scaling or smaller). I do not care for your 270 degree whips over 400ft jumps. Try to keep it as realistic as possible. Watch any Vurb video for inspiration.
I never expected to win or even get 2nd but the fact that 2 out of the 3 videos in the top 3 break the main rules for the video just make no sense. Im just disappointed it was judged so badly. Congrats to manii20 for making a absolute banger and keeping it realistic like a vurb edit.
BradyS21
Team: EuroTrashSilencer
Location: Working the corner to earn money to buy a new pipe because I don't know what my works pipe does :'(

Post by BradyS21 »

tyskorn wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I apologize for Brady's language, everyone.
kxalex31
Team: Evergood

Post by kxalex31 »

I really liked Guido's i dont know how he didnt get top 3
NoFear345

Post by NoFear345 »

kxalex31 wrote:I really liked Guido's i dont know how he didnt get top 3
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Holy cow that 3rd came out of no where, appreciate it guys and thank you for hosting this. With the environment stuff its kinda hard when you dont have any trees to hide the edge :lol: but its no biggie and cant do much about the roost too haha. Thanks tho guys!
NoFear345 wrote:
I never expected to win or even get 2nd but the fact that 2 out of the 3 videos in the top 3 break the main rules for the video just make no sense. Im just disappointed it was judged so badly. Congrats to manii20 for making a absolute banger and keeping it realistic like a vurb edit.
Im not trying to start anything but im just staying my opinion on why i chose my track. Some of the stuff axel hodges and all them guys hit are basically what i tried to go with in my video, when they talk about it after they are always like 'i hit it 4th wfo' and thats what i trued to keep my jumps around. Yeh they probably boot you abit higher that IRL but thats sim. I could of easily hucked so much bigger lines on that track but i tried to keep it most 'realistic' as possible.