MX Simulator - ReDesign Concept

Post your screenshots and videos here
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Hey guys! As seen in the screenshot-section in the last few days, I'm working on ReDesign concept for our much beloved and favorite game "MX Simulator". This project is made purely for fun and with no commercial intentions or purpose behind it.

I'm seeing this as some interesting design-challenge or training since I've never designed a game menu system before. Because of that, I'm always happy to hear some feedback from you! If you have some different ideas or if you don't like what I did in certain sections, please feel free to comment! Any feedback is wanted.

Here is what I've got so far (If JLV decides to unlock this thread, I'll continuously add new pieces and pages to this image-list):

Credits so far: P2sta (the pic with the wheel and the Matrix-stand in the main-menu)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and leave a reply down below. As always, if you like my work and appreciate what I do for this community, I'm always happy about a few new subscribers on my Facebook page :wink:
jonracer594

Re: MX Simulator - ReDesign Concept

Post by jonracer594 »

Definetly a great idea! It reminds me alot of the menu from the game SNOW which isnt bad at all and I really like that menu too so this could really bring some pop back into this game. :D
+1 for the idea from me and I hope we will have this in the game asap 8)
jason_pama
Team: MotoRAD

Post by jason_pama »

Love how clean and simple it is!
Gilmar_Austin
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Lucas Oil/TLD Honda

Post by Gilmar_Austin »

This is amazing +1 from me
Gilmar_Austin
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Lucas Oil/TLD Honda

Post by Gilmar_Austin »

JLV if this isn't happening :x i want a refund asap JK :lol:
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

really nice, dope idea Lars!
michael30

Post by michael30 »

should be added asap
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

michael30 wrote:should be added asap
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

This would elevate the game to a whole new level, hope JLV does this
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Looks sweet Lars ...for feedback i think it would be great if possible in game to:

1. Delete or move unwanted tracks to another folder.
2. Choose saved setups easier via a menu.
3. Rename saved vids via a menu.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Dude this is fantastic! My only suggestion would be to give the option to change the pictures in the squares and on the main menu. Love it! :D
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Holy shit this looks amazing.
Squidmob567
Team: BGFX

Post by Squidmob567 »

I'm jealoussssssss
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Looks really really cool.

Shadow are pretty tricky in such designs, but you did an amezing job here. The shadows look really good. The blurred background is sick as well. I have a concern about the user experience though.

Lets say I have 200 tracks installed. Would I then have to go through the slider 200 times to get to the last track (same with the setup)? A search bar with a drop down menu will fix this. I'm not really a fan of a drop down menu so maybe having a bar at the bottom of the slider with ~5 boxes with track images + shortname in it and a searchbox is a decent solution as well.

I love seeing such designs! They look really good. Keep posting more. :)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Thanks for the amazing feedback everyone! I tried to make use of the helpful input by TM_Infidel and have now included a "Delete-Icon" to every Item in the Track list as shown below. Also Ruben's feedback made me think a bit about the UX, so I worked on the track selection method today. Read more below. As suggested by Heckman, I would also love to be able to change the images in the boxes manually :)

What's new?

I focused on just making use of two primary buttons to navigate through the menu system. Using a controller you can select stuff with your left stick and submit your selection with the A-button and go a step back with the B-button (Escape and Enter-Key while using a keyboard). Using the Y-button (or delete-key on the keyboard) could possibly be used to delete tracks and pieces of gear, but I'm not sure if I should add this. What do you guys think?

Selecting "Ride" in the main menu will lead you to the different game modes of MX Simulator. Choose one of the options and it will bring you to the Track selection. The box with "Stats" written in it will show your statistics from your online races such as race wins, number of races attended and so on.

To organize the tracks a bit better, I've added a page to filter them with the help of "Tags" or as I called it: "Track Type". This will filter all of your tracks and will only show your "Supercross Racetracks" like from the 2017 rF SX-Series if selected so.

The next step will lead to the "Race Setup" screen. You can select the number of laps, length of the race by minutes and number of competitors here. After that, you'll see a list of all your supercross tracks as shown in the example below. You can select the track you want to play, or even move it to trash if it's no longer needed. You can scroll through the list vertically until there's no track left to be shown. (This screen will change to fit the different options of each game modes.)
It would be sick if the track creators could add a image of the track under the filename "preview.png" in the track folder, so the game could automatically select that for the preview. Also being able to add the "Track Type" to the trackinfo file would be cool.

After a track is selected, it will take you to the "Track Preview" screen where you can also start the race from. With the arrows on the left and right, you can cycle through your tracks within the before selected "Track Type".

Did I forget anything, or do you want something to be different? What do you guys think about todays update?