MX Simulator - ReDesign Concept

Post your screenshots and videos here
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Re: MX Simulator - ReDesign Concept

Post by SKlein »

lars@crossmag wrote: Did I forget anything, or do you want something to be different? What do you guys think about todays update?
Is there a reason why the bottom two pictures display words in a different format than the previous menus?

EX. "NEW RACE // TIME TRIAL // MULTIPLAYER" Were ran straight across their individual square whereas on the next menu's you have the following:

Tra
ckt
ype
----------
NATI -
ONALS

It just seems like it would be better if menus had a consistent design. Personally I would say the first option looks cleaner, and is easier to read.
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

SKlein wrote:
lars@crossmag wrote: Did I forget anything, or do you want something to be different? What do you guys think about todays update?
Is there a reason why the bottom two pictures display words in a different format than the previous menus?

EX. "NEW RACE // TIME TRIAL // MULTIPLAYER" Were ran straight across their individual square whereas on the next menu's you have the following:

Tra
ckt
ype
----------
NATI -
ONALS

It just seems like it would be better if menus had a consistent design. Personally I would say the first option looks cleaner, and is easier to read.
Oh well :D This is some kind of a design-thing I personally like to do. So other than that I think that it looks cool and interesting, there is not much I could say about this.

In the boxes where it says:

NATI-
ONALS

it's just made because of "space-issues" because the full word wouldn't fit in one row in the same font-size as the other categories. I could maybe use the correct hyphenation of the word though, to make it look more correct "gramatic-wise".
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Looks so badass lars!
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

lars@crossmag wrote: it's just made because of "space-issues" because the full word wouldn't fit in one row in the same font-size as the other categories. I could maybe use the correct hyphenation of the word though, to make it look more correct "gramatic-wise".
That's what I had assumed the reasoning was. It's no big deal I just found some kind of hard to read initially. Regardless the concept is badass, nice work.
Bobber113

Post by Bobber113 »

This looks sick!!!

Game would be next level with this!
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Are you actually implimenting this? Or are you just doing it up in photoshop. Either way this is so dope. Great work
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Lars the updates and option to delete tracks will be killer. The uniform layout is easy to navigate and find stuff which is one of the reasons i run http://www.tmfactory-racing.com site the way it is so the community can find stuff a little easier if they can't otherwise.

It would be great to delete unwanted helmets, gear & bike skins as well but where would all the deleted files actually go? ...trash can? or perhaps an option to create a new folder somewhere in case you delete something accidentally or need to retrieve it again might be better?

If you initially mention somewhere on the track menu page (help guide) for track creators to include an image as preview.png & add the track type name in the trackinfo file as you mentioned below it could quickly become SOP (standard operating procedure).
lars: It would be sick if the track creators could add a image of the track under the filename "preview.png" in the track folder, so the game could automatically select that for the preview. Also being able to add the "Track Type" to the trackinfo file would be cool.
Overall this would be a very welcome improvement for the games image and user management needs before re-launching MXS 1.11 under a deservedly new global marketing plan jlv ??? :mrgreen:
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

lars@crossmag wrote:

To organize the tracks a bit better, I've added a page to filter them with the help of "Tags" or as I called it: "Track Type". This will filter all of your tracks and will only show your "Supercross Racetracks" like from the 2017 rF SX-Series if selected so.

So I am just curious on how this is going to work for getting the tracks in game, is it going to all be individual folders that we are having to drop them into or is it going to be like one big folder and it kind of just sorts it out from how the name is on the track? Would love to see it all implemented into the game but just a little confused on how some of it is actually going to work.
tommyz2121
Team: Eminet Co

Post by tommyz2121 »

sorry if this is already mentioned but like to implement the pictures or screenshots or the tracks to pic couldnt it just work like putting in a map for ingame that gets added into the track file and another file to implement to determine weather its a sx outdoor etc ? :D
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

That looks way more user friendly Lars! Awesome job.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Lars, that looks like shit, you should think about just selling your computers and never touch one ever again.

jk looks sick ily <3
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
dirtfreek

Post by dirtfreek »

This looks really bad ass. I thought the menu change from the first one was nicer then you go and show me this I'm in love. JLV you should definitely think about incorporating this in to Mx Sim.
snowman018
Team: Privateer

Post by snowman018 »

Hell yea great idea! would be so sweet if added.
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Any updates on this Lars ?
KalleGarpedal347
Team: Privateer

Post by KalleGarpedal347 »

Astonishing