MX Simulator Fun Mini Edit

Post your screenshots and videos here
cale726
Team: ks1999

MX Simulator Fun Mini Edit

Post by cale726 »

I'm not good at editing, at all. This is my 3rd ever edit of mx simulator and i thought i did a OKAY job on it.
feel free to tell me how bad it is and what i could do different to make edits better. Thanks <3
if video doesn't work my dumbass prolly used a copy righted song OOPS
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Re: MX Simulator Fun Mini Edit

Post by 02RR02 »

Is the song suppose to have that transistion at 0:15???

- Try to make the keycam have one transition. You can use more keys, but try to make it flow like it should have been a drone or something else. Not a sudden move of direction as it`s shown at 0:26.
- Try to not make slowmo on the editing program by slowing a full speed footage. It will make it laggy. Instead you can film it twice. One with full speed and one with the ingame slowmo. Example on 0:33.
- Same as what I mentioned at first. No sudden movement on the keycams. At 0:36 it starts from a stop to a moving camera. You can either start the key before just so it can move during the whole footage. Plus it`s a plus if you can manage to have to rider on screen during the whole scene :wink:
- Some of the editing seemed to untidy. Like it was just put there at times.
- Work on making the transistions to go more with the music you`re using.
- Vary on your FOV next time

Keep up the work :)
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

02RR02 wrote:

Thank you <3
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

you have potential dude.

like 02RR02 said, once you tidy your key cams up it will look so clean. When i use key cams, especially the new ones jlv implemented, i always try to start the key cam moving before the bit i actually want in the edit and also keep it moving for one more skip to make it end smoother too. also with the close up clips one key cam generally doesnt cut it so i think its fine to add more to the close up shots cause if you have your rider centered for most part of the shot its alot harder to tell thats its moving retarded haha.

just another thing aswell, the start of the song was abit slower, and i felt like your keys were moving too fast for the style of song it was.

just little things like that make a big difference in a edit. Keep it up tho man!
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Not bad for your 3rd. Like what has been said, the biggest thing is smoothing out the slow-mo, transitions, and make sure the camera is moving the entirity of the shot. And as you do more edits you'll start playing with the FOV more depending on the style of shot you are going for. For example, when I'm doing a shot thats just overlooking the track, I use an FOV 70 or higher. When I'm doing a shot of the rider I usually go from 40-50 (sometimes 30 for specific shots). Keep working at it, you have good potential!
TheRedRider
Team: Bomb Squad

Post by TheRedRider »

Really nice edit according to me, Really like the song and how it line's up with the jump and whips. :P
Life is good on 2 wheels! :)
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

When one of your teammates is one of the best editors in the game, im not very surprised on this :wink: But for real good job cale came out so clean