Kellen Brauer - Why Do You Play Sim?

Post your screenshots and videos here
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Kellen Brauer - Why Do You Play Sim?

Post by AHeckman2 »

This was originally supposed to be a segment in Seb Galea's movie, but the idea kinda fell apart. This definitely isn't my best work and I was debating whether to release it or not, but then thought why not. This edit was created a few months back, back when I was still learning the new keycams and dealing with laggy gameplay footage. Since this edit, both of those issues have improved tremendously. If you want to see all of the segment's that were going to be a part of the movie, check out the playlist here. I have to say a huge thanks to Kellen for providing me with some very in-depth answers to the questions we asked him, which made it easy to create an interesting video. And of course thanks to Seb for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the potential movie.

Itz Raidox
Team: Westeffex.com

Re: Kellen Brauer - Why Do You Play Sim?

Post by Itz Raidox »

looking good
Smidly wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:ARLINGTON PASSWORD
e/9v8ta/%ar{dV':/.>qhyT
really bro this is the best password you could come up with? smh bro
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Its funny he says he doesn't feel like there isn't a lot going on when he plays. I've gone back and watched demos and try to explain to my dad or brother how much is going on when you play, it isn't like another game where its just hold the throttle down and you're good, my shifter numbers go from 1 to 5 to 1 to 5 every 2 seconds or so, and do that for 35+ minutes, it's a lot of muscle memory going on and kind of crazy when you put it into perspective, and that's not including trying to navigate the track and other riders and saving crashes and throwing scrubs and trying to pass people and not get passed in the process, the difficulty of everything I just said is why I play mx sim, every moto brings new challenges. Nice video Kellen/Alex.
Matias43_

Post by Matias43_ »

Love the idea video is sweet!
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

+1 devin
Andreasber

Post by Andreasber »

Ddavis wrote:every moto brings new challenges.
Especially now when the erode stuff is coming on the races soon :)
2016 Brasilian 250 Champion | 2017 rF Amateur 2nd OA | 2017 MXSIM CUP 1st OA
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Itz Raidox wrote:looking good
Ddavis wrote:Nice video Kellen/Alex.
Matias43_ wrote:Love the idea video is sweet!
Thanks guys!
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

Ddavis wrote:Its funny he says he doesn't feel like there isn't a lot going on when he plays. I've gone back and watched demos and try to explain to my dad or brother how much is going on when you play, it isn't like another game where its just hold the throttle down and you're good, my shifter numbers go from 1 to 5 to 1 to 5 every 2 seconds or so, and do that for 35+ minutes, it's a lot of muscle memory going on and kind of crazy when you put it into perspective, and that's not including trying to navigate the track and other riders and saving crashes and throwing scrubs and trying to pass people and not get passed in the process, the difficulty of everything I just said is why I play mx sim, every moto brings new challenges.
Can`t explain how much is going on when playing. They have to see it by themself and see how much you`re actually doing. That being said, I kind of agree on what Kellen said about it feels like there isn`t much going on when playing. Since our muscle memory is too used to the movement, it become more automatic for us. It`s not until you actually record what`s going on with your controller that you actually see how much your working with it. :lol:

Fun thing also. Us 1st person players may have a bad habbit of leaning our heads without knowing it untill someone see us in action. :lol: :lol: