2019 Indy Kickstart: Something New

Post your screenshots and videos here
skraks
Team: Evergood

Re: 2019 Indy Kickstart: Something New

Post by skraks »

model_90 wrote:To address all the grammar nazis,
I use acronyms in my descriptions on purpose so as to project a more casual tone with my writing, I feel like the "magazine" style writing your referring to is more of the stat-vomiting robot voice that I see whenever I read something like race recaps on RacerX. I've been reading swaps "kickstarts" for years and they always have a more casual tone to them. Yes he does recap the race but he does it in a way that sounds like his opinion/take which is what I aim for.

And for all the grammar mistakes, I am sorry but I'm only human and all of my english professors never gave a shit about little grammar mistakes, it's the content or message you are projecting that matters. Little grammar mistakes are something that the nitpickers will look for.

I always make it a point to explain to all my writers that I don't want them to think of this as a race recap, I would prefer them to voice their opinion thru their writing of the descriptions. I make sure that I allow them to develop their own unique style and voice thru the descriptions of each racer they write about. If that entails calling them nicknames,poking fun at them or just pointing out some dumb mistakes they might make over the weekend so be it.

This was never meant to be a serious weekly post thing and I honestly never pictured it getting to this level of quality,this is meant to be a fun and productive way for me to give my take on the weeks races, and sh*t-talk some people like Matthes does. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Re: 2019 Indy Kickstart: Something New

Post by model_90 »

Not my best work, but couldnt let these interviews be for nothing, I am nowhere near the quality editor I would like to be, but I was incredibly behind on this project and wanted to finish it up. I apoligize for the lack of quality and assure you that there will be improvements made to these videos as I am having another contributor step up and take these over for me.
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet