First screenshot ive done need advice

Post your screenshots and videos here
hey
Team: Privateer

First screenshot ive done need advice

Post by hey »

This is my first time trying the edit a ss.
There are defiantly a lot of things that could be done better, like the blur on the wheels is too much.
I'm using gimp.
TylerMaillet
Team: Privateer

Re: First screenshot ive done need advice

Post by TylerMaillet »

I’m not gonna knock anyone off of style, so I’ll just go off of how real cameras act and how you could better replicate it. I’m a photographer, so I have photoshop anyway but I can only imagine Gimp would not be a good software for this.

The wheel blur is inconsistent, the front wheel is spinning at like 1/2 of a second and the back wheel is spinning at 1/60th probably. At both of those shutter speeds, everything other than the subject you are “tracking” should be motion blurred. This would mean the entire background should blur in the direction of the subject’s movement in relation to you. The best bet for this photo is to knock the tire blur and make the entire background blurred, which can be done on photoshop if you follow the tutorial on Start Your Systems (https://youtu.be/V0xQZrUxNqA). I’m not saying illegally download photoshop, but illegally download photoshop if you have to. I’d also recommend brightening up the photo and mixing around some settings to make the image look less bland.