Post by Motolife_99 »

Racers52

Re: post your screen shots of MXSim

Post by Racers52 »

sick!
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Short tutorial, very basic, should help a little though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rZmMxRPik
Your welcome Wahlamt! :lol:
Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Post by Motolife_99 »

Racers52 wrote:Short tutorial, very basic, should help a little though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rZmMxRPik
thanks bae
Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Post by Motolife_99 »

not edited, just trying out the cranked graphics before my computer exploded.
#gyazo
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Racers52 wrote:Short tutorial, very basic, should help a little though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rZmMxRPik
Thanks man! I'll need the inspector thing for sure! Also more vram perhaps haha. Good and quick guide, now I'll finally have use for my GTX660. Just took me 2 years :lol:
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Use transparency anti-aliasing too you nub ;). Here's an old post of mine detailing a few things.
yzmxer608 wrote:These are the settings I use in Nvidia Inspector.

A few notes/explanation:
-Reasoning for the 8xS antialiasing mode: It is combined 1x2 SS + 4x MS. SS stands for supersampling, and MS stands for multisampling, a quick explanation of each:
Tweak Guides wrote:The most common form of AA a few years ago was Supersampling which is a brute force method that pretty much just increases the resolution of the entire image within the graphics card to remove jaggedness, then rescales it back down to display at your chosen resolution. This method reduces performance a great deal, but works with almost any game.

Multisampling (MSAA) is a newer form of AA which came about through incorporating optimizations into graphics hardware to perform more efficient AA. It can still reduce performance, especially at higher resolutions, but less so on more recent graphics cards. MSAA provides a good compromise between image quality and performance.
Basically supersampling is much harder on performance since it renders the whole image at X times your game resolution, then scales it back down. What the 1x2 SS does is renders the horizontal resolution the same as your game (the '1' portion) and the vertical resolution twice the resolution, then scales back down (the '2' portion). This is then combined with the 4x multisampling.

-The transparency antialiasing applies to transparent edges (aka anything that is alpha on your texture, like a tree billboard). I think when using the transparency supersampling the transparency multisampling is automatically disabled (it can't use both at the same time) but I set the transparency multisampling to disabled just to be sure. If you lag with these settings, first lower the this from 4x supersampling to a lower setting, or try the transparency multisampling option.

If you really want to get crazy try the higher antialiasing modes (each setting has the description next to it in the parenthesis, using what I said about the combined 1x2 SS+ 4x MS you should be able to figure out what each does).

Here is some more info if you want to read more on it http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvi ... -settings/
yzmxer608 wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:-The transparency antialiasing applies to transparent edges (aka anything that is alpha on your texture, like a tree billboard). I think when using the transparency supersampling the transparency multisampling is automatically disabled (it can't use both at the same time) but I set the transparency multisampling to disabled just to be sure. If you lag with these settings, first lower the this from 4x supersampling to a lower setting, or try the transparency multisampling option.
Actually use 2x supersampling as a start point, I tried comparing it to 4x and there's not much difference. Coming down the first rhythm at A1 I was getting around 90 FPS by myself with 4x, and 125 FPS at 2X (crowd has a lot of alpha). I also tried the sparse grid supersampling options with bad results, it seems to look good in other games but regular SS seems to look better in mxs. Here's some info on the sparse grid supersampling if you want any info on it. http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvid ... ersampling
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

Gettin shit sorted for Loretta's.
Donate if you like My Creations
kxalex31
Team: Evergood

Post by kxalex31 »

Ohagan75 wrote:Gettin shit sorted for Loretta's.
OMG THAT NEW BIB
vaporousburrito
Team: Privateer

Post by vaporousburrito »

Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

vaporousburrito wrote:Image

What track? I recognize it, just can't figure out which...
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Field of dreams ^^
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

A little glove teaser. P.S i know the edits bad.

Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

The shadows just looks off...
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Thanks Race!