post your screen shots of MXSim

Post your screenshots and videos here
Ddavis

Re: post your screen shots of MXSim

Post by Ddavis »

So easily tilted, take a joke Atom. Your screenshots look sick, stop getting butthurt.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Ddavis wrote:So easily tilted, take a joke Atom. Your screenshots look sick, stop getting butthurt.
Eh Im not to much taking that to heart I just dont want other people to think there is a set rule set to follow when making shots.
And thank you dd
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

i like the 2nd screenshot more
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You sure got me!

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote: Whoever make this graphics, sorry but its ugly lol, why the numbers color is different than the black on the graphics? lol
LOL i make them and they are the same color i just edited the screenshot a certain way
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
MotoTechHusqvarna
Team: MotoTech Yamaha

Post by MotoTechHusqvarna »

BG857
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Don't mind the KTM logo on the gear.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Atom6246 wrote:
KTM57 wrote:In which step do I become creative and think outside the box?
Wow. Getting bashed for trying to keep elevating my screenshot game by not being afraid to step outside the box and try something new. Unlike you I look for other ways to be creative. My past 2 shots haven't been good but that's the process of learning.
Thanks for the criticism guys, I'll take it into consideration next time.
So yesterday I had this big post all typed out and apparently passed out in my chair and never submitted the post, so here's my best shot at replicating what I had without falling asleep again:

Here's some shots I took in 2011:

Yes that's a poke at me for taking shots with similar angles. But there's more to screenshots than just the color "correction"/editing of it. I'll be honest and say that screenshot you quoted of mine I took because I remember taking one similar on the same track and thought it looked good. I can't say I saw August's before that. This is just my opinion from what I've noticed but you seem to put more focus on the editing aspect than what the original screenshot looks like. I can appreciate what you do with shadows and adding dust and changing individual part colors, but it all doesn't matter much if the original screenshot is just ok. Think about real MX photography, do you usually seen tons of color editing that makes you say "wow that's cool" or is it the angle and what the rider/bike is doing?

The screenshot you used for your step methodology I think is pretty 'eh' to be blunt. The higher FOV (which can look good in certain situations) in this screenshot makes it look like the screenshot would have been taken by a guy standing in the middle of the track (more on this later).

Also, what do you do for your DOF blurring? My assumption is just using the blur tool, as the bales in front of your front wheel look more blurred than the objects further off in the distance behind them. Just a tip but I usually pick out separate sections (select) and blur them with lens or guassian blur at different strengths, then blend them with the blur tool. I find it this ends up looking cleaner.

In a way the free-cam system in MXS is amazing for screenshots, but leaves everything up to the user as far as the composition. Way back in MvA (the original) most people would take screenshots with Fraps set to take a shot every second, and then ride around in various edited cameras and go through them after some riding. This would give you random screenshots and often angles you wouldn't have though of before, then you'd choose what you thought looked good and edit from there.

This brings up another point where you either try to take screenshots at realistic angles like a photographer would have taken it or crazy angles that would be hard to take in real life. I mentioned before it looks like your screenshot would have been taken buy a guy in the middle of the track, I'd say anything that looks like it could be done by a real person and a camera should look so, leave the unrealistic angles to the extremes such as a screenshot from above a rider in the air. But that's just my opinion.

If you want to see some screenshot creativeness, watch UFO Showtimes MvA screenshot videos, very creative with what I'd say is some overediting but you can definitely see the "randomness" not having a free cam gave to screenshots back then.

Anyway, that's just what I think, you do you. I had to leave this here for the lols though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Just throwing this out there, but I don't really use filters on any of my screenshots (I've mildly tried it lately but nothing crazy)

Here's a gallery of unfiltered screenshots, straight from the game where I changed the levels and brightness/contrast/sharpening/vibrance a bit.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45137
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

First I want to say I wasn't taking a jab at your shots or Races. That was simply the only reference pic's I could think of. Its a very common shot and thats not even me hating on it.
My DOF technique is Gaussian blur the background then touch up with the blur tool.
There is another technique that Cohenour showed me but I already forgot how to do it :oops:
About my shots looking like the camera is on the track can be said about irl pics as well. I mostly been taking those type of angles for a reason lately because there is a Rebull logo on the front of my jersey as well as a KTM one but you can still see one on the back if you look hard enough.
I respect your shots and appreciate your criticism.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I've made a duplicate layer and blur the top one, then erase what's "close" to the rider and slightly blur the underlying layer. Similar to what you're referencing Atom.
skraks
Team: Evergood

Post by skraks »

Atom6246 wrote:First I want to say I wasn't taking a jab at your shots or Races. That was simply the only reference pic's I could think of. Its a very common shot and thats not even me hating on it.
There is another technique that Cohenour showed me but I already forgot how to do it :oops:
About my shots looking like the camera is on the track can be said about irl pics as well. I mostly been taking those type of angles for a reason lately because there is a Rebull logo on the front of my jersey as well as a KTM one but you can still see one on the back if you look hard enough.
I respect your shots and appreciate your criticism.
Sorry for the confusion.
no disrespect to either of you guys but shut up, this isnt a shit talking thread, if you got beef go roast each other by pm cause i wanna get notified about screenshots, not a stupid fucking argument over nothing. everyone has their own style.... accept it. if you aint got nothing good to say dont say it at all cause for some reason it seems like every "helpful" comment has been taken the wrong way and then everyone else has to see all this bs and quite honestly i think i speak for everyone when i say no one gives a fuck anymore.. sorry to anyone who takes this the wrong way but it's annoying imo..
Crunchy83
Team: DX3 Fasthouse KTM

Post by Crunchy83 »

Lil throwback to 2011 or 12, don't remember.
reddead422
Team: Wildside Designs

Post by reddead422 »

skraks wrote:no disrespect to either of you guys but shut up, this isnt a shit talking thread, if you got beef go roast each other by pm cause i wanna get notified about screenshots, not a stupid fucking argument over nothing. everyone has their own style.... accept it. if you aint got nothing good to say dont say it at all cause for some reason it seems like every "helpful" comment has been taken the wrong way and then everyone else has to see all this bs and quite honestly i think i speak for everyone when i say no one gives a fuck anymore.. sorry to anyone who takes this the wrong way but it's annoying imo..
i 100% agree