MotoOption Video Contest!!!

Post your screenshots and videos here
scheeve3

Re: MotoOption Video Contest!!!

Post by scheeve3 »

Wtf how lame... when I look around I see tons of good videomakers that make a videos like they change of underwear. But now when there is a contest and there is a chance to make mxsimulator even more popular you're all hiding in your closet? Or are you guys holding a wintersleep? :lol:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

As I'm sure u kids are speakin or referring about me. For one the rules are clearly stsated, however when making videos it is best that the topic or theme is something, in this case a way of advertising , would be best to have something the is quite open in the ideas. No offense to anyone but the sx tracks are insane perfect replicas, however not the most eye catching that this game can produce. Given yes this is sx season I get it.

Now onto the resource topic ( logo ). If I am a company hosting a contest, much like VMG where they give you the pre/post rolls, lower 3rds etc. Everything needed to show there name etc. In this instance yes u can find numerous logos for motooption. However for me as example, I was planning on making a rather fancy and time consuming video intro advertising motooption. As for many others who were only wanting to make sure the logo that is used on behalf of motooption was the proper one, that they would want ppl to see.

It is not myself or anyone being lazy or bitching. It is only us trying to make sure that as video makers , that we make our best work, with there best logos. Take it as u want. We just want to do our best is all.
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

@Everyone who is hating on Jeff right now:

Well atleast he tried to make a video. Most of you people who are hating him now are people that wouldn't even enter. All Jeff did was misread the rules. He was to far into the vid to start over with not enough days. I entered this contest to see what place I would be in, in this case first.

And to all of you that think this wasnt put together right: He clearly stated all the rules in the first post. When it was due, what not and what to use, what you win, therefore, it would be the contestents fault for not reading them correctly.

About me winning: Yes, i would have liked to win by beating someone else. But yu need to enter to win!
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

I didn't wanted to attack Jeff, srry if it felt that way.

But when I look at the media room forum then I see video's pop up almost everyday. And now there is a contest there's only 1 contender? That's something strange isn't it?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

To me it's not strange. We're all hobbyists around here. Creating videos/playing MXS is a hobby for every one of us. Therefore creating videos is something done for fun in our free time, putting a deadline on us, a rather short one at that, creates the effect that it's not something your doing for fun, or on your own time.

That being said I appreciate the opportunity to win some free swag, and the reasoning behind the restrictions. In the future I feel more interest could be garnered by opening up the rules more. We're all amateur video editors, our creativity and available tools are limited in comparison to a professional, so when operating under restrictions we're less likely to deliver.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Wow well said phathry
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Nice point, I didn't looked at it in that way.
mxsstarters
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TLR Tagger Designes

Post by mxsstarters »

motoxjeff#7 wrote:As I'm sure u kids are speakin or referring about me. For one the rules are clearly stsated, however when making videos it is best that the topic or theme is something, in this case a way of advertising , would be best to have something the is quite open in the ideas. No offense to anyone but the sx tracks are insane perfect replicas, however not the most eye catching that this game can produce. Given yes this is sx season I get it.

Now onto the resource topic ( logo ). If I am a company hosting a contest, much like VMG where they give you the pre/post rolls, lower 3rds etc. Everything needed to show there name etc. In this instance yes u can find numerous logos for motooption. However for me as example, I was planning on making a rather fancy and time consuming video intro advertising motooption. As for many others who were only wanting to make sure the logo that is used on behalf of motooption was the proper one, that they would want ppl to see.

It is not myself or anyone being lazy or bitching. It is only us trying to make sure that as video makers , that we make our best work, with there best logos. Take it as u want. We just want to do our best is all.
you see mxj7 thats what being a kid is all about!