Team: MXJP

Re: MOTOOPTION.COM Video Contest

Post by MXJProductions »

First post updated: Length of video must be 3-5 minutes. :D
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

Are you sure that's a good choice? Many people don't have the intension span to watch anything over a 3 minute video, especially from a video game. Obviously there are guys who can make a video that will keep a person watching, but overall, you won't get as many viewers on 3-5 minute videos. This is all referencing people who may not be into MXS, and are seeing it for the first time, which is pretty much (besides this community) the whole audience of this contest, if MotoOption is promoting it.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Mona wrote:Are you sure that's a good choice? Many people don't have the intension span to watch anything over a 3 minute video, especially from a video game. Obviously there are guys who can make a video that will keep a person watching, but overall, you won't get as many viewers on 3-5 minute videos. This is all referencing people who may not be into MXS, and are seeing it for the first time, which is pretty much (besides this community) the whole audience of this contest, if MotoOption is promoting it.
I took that into consideration. However about 85% of the video creators came to me, asking to extend it a bit. So I figured 3-5 minutes is a good figure. I have personally made a 10 minute video, that has over 6,000 views, and when you look at the stats of the video the attention span for it, was right up until the last minute. So if the video is good enough, people will watch. Plus this gives a chance for creators to do new things, as well show the amount of certain clips they would like. I thought 3 minutes was good enough as well.

I also want the creators to be happy, because after all this is for fun, so if the creator is having to cut good clips, and stress to make it just right, then I do not feel they are having fun.

What do you suggest?
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

I think i may give this a try
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wings »

am i allowed to enter this
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

I can show you ways to use any song you would like on a video, since I know what your talking about and don't want to deal with Jeff, annoys me on my older videos that are up. Reason why veimo has become more my choice and better quality.

Certain account types settings have bypasses to

Just catch me on vent or pm this goes for anyone, YouTube just has built in redflags that can be disabled

oh yeah another good idea to make this contest more fair and legit would be for you to upload a batch of demos that you have been saving and getting then everyone has to use and nothing else -- evens the field for everyone and sparks creativity.

It's late and I'm wide awake on my phone and buzzed from surgery, I remember why I hate injuries n surgeries you can't get comfortable for anything. Hey jlv gios idea of a smart phone app forum transfer could be nice or a new forum upgrade I know off topic

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Wings wrote:am i allowed to enter this
Why wouldn't you? You do not have to sign up, just create, send it in like the info states. Before deadline that is.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Only thing if we all use the same demos is there's going to be a lot of the same shots. I'm using some demos that are a year old :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

yzmxer608 wrote:Only thing if we all use the same demos is there's going to be a lot of the same shots. I'm using some demos that are a year old :lol:.
This should be interesting haha. We should have done a retro contest lol
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yeah I used them because there's some close racing, I just edited the demo to change some skins I don't have anymore.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

yzmxer608 wrote:Yeah I used them because there's some close racing, I just edited the demo to change some skins I don't have anymore.
I don't doubt that, You have given me like all of them lol.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

This was before most of the current teams, I'll try to find the ones I don't have since they're listed in the demo.
imrpowers
Team: Privateer

Post by imrpowers »

I really want to make a video, I make motocross videos is real life, but I CAN NOT use the MX Sim camera! Is there a page for controls and all that, seems like no matter what I do it's just zoomed out and hard to see the rider. Don't know how to make it slo-mo either.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Well first off hit tab for the 3 different camera angles.

Lower your FOV to show the rider better, and more realistic.

Use analog sticks for your camera panning.

The only controls you need to set up in game for video controls is

left- pans left
right- pans right
Front/Rear Brake ( not sure which one )- moves camera backwards ( away from rider )
Throttle- Moves forward ( toward rider )
upshift- pans camera upwards
downshift- pans camera downwards
sit/dab- Follows rider on it's own ( just be careful on how close you are as it will not follow perfectly )
Pause- Pauses lol
step- Slow motion
rewind- rewinds
skip- Fast forward
prev bike- only applies if your demo has multiple riders
next bike ^^^^^^^
Hope this helps.
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

Also first post updated again. Title your PM or EMAIL to gdoat@live.com as Video Contest Entry

Thank you, I hear there are lots of new things coming in these videos. Can not wait to see these.