2016 EMF Pro & Amateur KennyRacing World MXSGP

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

manii20

Re: 2016 EMF Pro & Amateur KennyRacing World MXSGP

Post by manii20 »

I would better race with 20 smart riders than with 40 going all around the track and making the mess :D
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

manii20 wrote:I would better race with 20 smart riders than with 40 going all around the track and making the mess :D
For the racers it's probably better/funnier, also scoring points. But for streaming, it's quite boring with few riders as no one has to work through the pack, most people seems to find their place quite instantly ;)
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Wahlamt wrote:But for streaming, it's quite boring
We can always fall back on discussing the merits of home schooling in various countries :D
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:
We can always fall back on discussing the merits of home schooling in various countries :D
As long as I have someone to discuss stuff with ;)
ivan559
Team: RKI Racing Team

Post by ivan559 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Big Smooth one3 wrote:
As long as I have someone to discuss stuff with ;)
you guys are my stream heroes :lol: Nick Uzick as well , great stream team :wink: keep it up i'm always in ! ( laughing and screaming )
and SYS guys for rF as well !! You guys are rare gems in this community to put all this time and effort just for stream races for us !
Thank you again guys !! You have a fan for sure !
2015 EMF Italian Championship - Amateur Open - 1st
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Haberfield24 »

MXGP, MX2, MX3 style class, like the MXSCentral days, then just ditch am's and have those 3 classes in the same time slot, will also give pro's more to time chill out in between their motos instead of having a 20 minute break which is more like a 5 minute break once you've went to the toilet and grabbed a drink.
JS19
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JS19 »

Haberfield24 wrote:MXGP, MX2, MX3 style class, like the MXSCentral days, then just ditch am's and have those 3 classes in the same time slot, will also give pro's more to time chill out in between their motos instead of having a 20 minute break which is more like a 5 minute break once you've went to the toilet and grabbed a drink.
i agree with this, i think the three classes would be best
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

personally i like that idea so i can t-bone Seabolt more when he's lapping me :lol:
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
JS19
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JS19 »

FUk u nerd
maggett

Post by maggett »

even if you put the top 20 from Ams up to pro sure they might not run at the front but they probably wont be to in the way. a good laptime for pro on last weeks track was a 1:46 to a 1:50 up to top 20 in AMS it goes to a 1:54 and even after moving all those people up it allows the slower people who didn't get in and it still makes up a 30 man gate if they all show up

or even just make one class no pro or AMs and just make everyone who dosent get in go into the AMs race
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
Haberfield24
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Haberfield24 »

maggett wrote:or even just make one class no pro or AMs and just make everyone who dosent get in go into the AMs race
Literally what i said...MX3 on MXSCentral was the none qualifier race, still action for the people who didn't make it.

http://mxscentral.com/tournaments/view/9/rnd-1
maggett

Post by maggett »

Haberfield24 wrote:
maggett wrote:or even just make one class no pro or AMs and just make everyone who dosent get in go into the AMs race
Literally what i said...MX3 on MXSCentral was the none qualifier race, still action for the people who didn't make it.

o sorry i didnt understand what mx3 was
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Haberfield24 wrote:

It's a great way to get full gate at every class. And remember those total race time qualifying? Those were the times! :D
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Aaron Hall wrote:personally i like that idea so i can t-bone Seabolt more when he's lapping me :lol:
So you want a ban really bad, don't you? :lol:
feeling
Haberfield24 wrote:MXGP, MX2, MX3 style class, like the MXSCentral days, then just ditch am's and have those 3 classes in the same time slot, will also give pro's more to time chill out in between their motos instead of having a 20 minute break which is more like a 5 minute break once you've went to the toilet and grabbed a drink.
There are a few things that struggles this, in my opinion. First off, you can't have a championship where you're guaranteed a class. If you're on the bobble, you'll (maybe) score points in 2 classes instead of actually having a legit season in one class, and get the points/position accordingly. Also the top pros could easily sandbag, by getting the 45th fastest average, then go onto dominate mx3 for fun. If riders would be few a certain day, you could also end up with a 5 man MX3 class, do you run it or skip it? With this you could also get some notoriously bad and slow riders mixed with the pros just ruining it for everyone.

Aside from that stuff, I really enjoyed MXSCentral's system when it was up and running. The 3 lap average (out of a race of 5 laps) was really great. You didn't have the hotlap heroes but actually riders that showed a bit of consistency. It was a pain in the ass from time to time for someone like me that was slow and crashed all over the place back then, but it was still fair.
maggett wrote:even if you put the top 20 from Ams up to pro sure they might not run at the front but they probably wont be to in the way. a good laptime for pro on last weeks track was a 1:46 to a 1:50 up to top 20 in AMS it goes to a 1:54 and even after moving all those people up it allows the slower people who didn't get in and it still makes up a 30 man gate if they all show up

or even just make one class no pro or AMs and just make everyone who dosent get in go into the AMs race
The top 20 in ams should not run pro's. Perhaps the top 5-10 should, but there are some crazy stupid, inexperienced and bad riders in ams. Well in pros too every now and then. But one thing that mainly separates the pro's from ams is consistency. Most pros (I'm generalizing) can run a 30m even with very few crashes, not saying they will. While am's, especially further down in the field tends to crash very frequently, myself included. That's my main weakness.

But back to the point, if we were to split it up, we couldn't have prices or anything for am's or MX3, only 2 classes. Also I'm not sure if MX3 would have full gates, MX1 and MX2 sure would, but I'm uncertain of MX3.

We're still not sure how we're going to host races in 2017. We have different opinions in the admin crew of what we like, also if we'd switch systems, it would also need to be coded for the website, which isn't a 15 minute donut run.

All opinions and suggestions are appreciated, so we know what people want and what works.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

ivan559 wrote:you guys are my stream heroes :lol: Nick Uzick as well , great stream team :wink: keep it up i'm always in ! ( laughing and screaming )
and SYS guys for rF as well !! You guys are rare gems in this community to put all this time and effort just for stream races for us !
Thank you again guys !! You have a fan for sure !
Thanks for the kind words, Ivan. Since I've been on a grand total of about 1.25 streams, I'll of course take all of the credit.... :mrgreen:

I hope to join any week that my schedule permits, or until Kris gets tired of irrelevant side-bar discussions, complaining about either not qualifying for AM's or qualifying for AM's and sucking, and horrid American pronunciations of [mostly] European names :D .

I've had fun doing co-commentary with Kris and am glad he invited me on to do so. He does a great job providing that content to everyone, so definitely direct your praise towards him as he deserves all due credit for the work that goes into it.
Aggressively Mediocre Image