grabow312

Re: 2018 [NA region] Supercross series by MXSEMF

Post by grabow312 »

tell seahorse I'm coming for em
newmanb138
Team: United

Post by newmanb138 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Why not have timed qualifying for the AM's as well? It won't be an entirely fresh track for them as they'll have a few days of practice on it, but at least they'll have to lay down a hot lap within a set 1 hour time frame. It would help by lowering the chance riders can simply get lucky by pounding out a zillion laps to get 1 abnormally fast lap time.
The only problem I see with timed quals for ams is, there are 3 servers and 150+ ams/novice. Not sure how well that would work. If there were more servers I wouldn't see a problem with it at all.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

newmanb138 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:Why not have timed qualifying for the AM's as well? It won't be an entirely fresh track for them as they'll have a few days of practice on it, but at least they'll have to lay down a hot lap within a set 1 hour time frame. It would help by lowering the chance riders can simply get lucky by pounding out a zillion laps to get 1 abnormally fast lap time.
The only problem I see with timed quals for ams is, there are 3 servers and 150+ ams/novice. Not sure how well that would work. If there were more servers I wouldn't see a problem with it at all.
I think they were planning on adding more servers anyway. That's one reason I couldn't set a decent lap because I couldn't get clear of all the novices. (Not hating on you guys, but it would be like me running in pro. I'm just not as fast and get in the way more often than not.)
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

M@xTizZz wrote:We decided to change the racetimes according to what they use for the irl serie.

What did it change ?
250 heats now have the same time than the 450 = 6mn + 1lap
LCQ = 4mn + 1lap

It will be applyed next week for the rd2 of Pro&Amateur series
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

When will the site be updated to show Round 2? We're 1 day away.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
dirtfreek

Post by dirtfreek »

RobertPink wrote:Not trying to be that guy and always complain, but having a 58.6 in Ams qualifying is great and all however once you get to the main and have a 30 second lead over 2nd place by the end of the race is a tad overboard. I understand erode was new and all for everyone but if you can go out and win by 30 seconds then ya need to be bumped.

Overall my first experience was fine with erode in racing just the shading was a bit off, thanks barrington for fixing for next week, some ruts i just couldn't see that well. Thank you EMF for continuing the series it brought a new challenge to this already difficult game.
I understand what you're saying but, I took second and crashed a whole lot even trying to be consistent. Same as everyone behind me. If I wouldn't have crashed on the little mistakes I made I could have had a better chance of winning the race. I lead for a few laps and when I wasn't in the race I was tailing the leader until he made a mistake. The issue isn't speed but consistency here.
Motoagogo
Team: Privateer

Post by Motoagogo »

I would also like to see timed qualifying for AMs yet only if we have more servers. As others said it was extremely hard to get a good qualifying lap for A1. Still happy to take 12th in the Main and plan on racing the rest of the 250w series. Thank you all for putting on a great series so far.
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

dirtfreek wrote:I understand what you're saying but, I took second and crashed a whole lot even trying to be consistent. Same as everyone behind me. If I wouldn't have crashed on the little mistakes I made I could have had a better chance of winning the race. I lead for a few laps and when I wasn't in the race I was tailing the leader until he made a mistake. The issue isn't speed but consistency here.
Well, I'd imagine that's exactly what Robert is talking about. The missing piece of the puzzle for why an Amateur shouldn't be in the Pro class is consistency. Just about anybody could play these tracks for 24 hours a day from the moment they come out and lay down a really good Pro class lap time. But when you do those laps consistently on a changing track for the first time, avoid lappers and weird crashes, and check out for the win, it sure doesn't look like you're an "Amateur" anymore.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

mxsrider96 wrote:I think they should do 2014 style, limited qualifying, for ams. Suggested it last year too. Wouldn't keep people from pounding out laps for hours on end, but it would keep them from doing it in a quali server. They'd actually have to get that lucky lap at the right time. Helps people like me, who work 40+ hour weeks and usually only get anywhere from 1-10 races on the track before the race
I like this format too but I'd also have to go with just straight up, one hour prior to race qualifying, for the Amateurs.

The problem I see with the 2014 style is that some Amateurs, more so than Pros, are also more of an Amateur when it comes to finding their way around this game. If you give them a list of servers and an EXACT time they need to be in one of them, they are much more likely to understand how it works rather than listing servers followed by a bunch of rules about how qualifying works. Then EMF guys will get like 30 emails from guys saying, "WTF I can't qualify anymore, the server keeps me in warm-up mode every time blah blah," because they probably signed up, saw a server listed and just went and ran their two sessions right away. At least, that's what I think would happen with that. I could be wrong.
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Osari52 wrote:Then EMF guys will get like 30 emails from guys saying, "WTF I can't qualify anymore, the server keeps me in warm-up mode every time blah blah," because they probably signed up, saw a server listed and just went and ran their two sessions right away.
Yes Kellen, more than likely that would happen. If they're too anxious or too narrow-minded to read/understand the rules, then maybe they shouldn't be lining up to race?

At the same time, you leave it up to the riders themselves to read and understand the rules and if they can't figure it out then they probably shouldn't be lining up to race because they're walking into a room blind (or entering a server blind, figuratively speaking). If you make it very clear "LIMITED QUALIFYING: YOU HAVE TWO QUALIFYING RACES TOTAL GOING TOWARDS YOUR QUALIFYING RESULTS - QUALIFYING WILL BE OPEN IN SERVERS XXX1-XXX9 - NO EXCEPTIONS" then I think they'll get the hint and understand what is going on.

If you include it in a post the length of a small book, then you have problems. I've been guilty of it myself, skimming through topics and not fully understanding the format being used, but if its in red caps and somewhere readily available, its pretty easy to figure out.
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

Yes I know it's only been one round but i'm trying to keep on top of things this year so it's a lot easier as we go.
2019 EMF NA National Number Quest

I'll post an update in this thread after every round so people will get an idea of what to work towards and number for 2019.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Are protests coming out before rd2?
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Logeyboy wrote:Yes I know it's only been one round but i'm trying to keep on top of things this year so it's a lot easier as we go.

I'll post an update in this thread after every round so people will get an idea of what to work towards and number for 2019.
we can end the series now
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

NoFear345 wrote:
Logeyboy wrote:Yes I know it's only been one round but i'm trying to keep on top of things this year so it's a lot easier as we go.

we can end the series now
I fully back this ahaha
Robert Wilson | AektivCo