2015 MXS Italian Championship - Official Topic

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Re: 2015 MXS Italian Championship - Official Topic

Post by Rayvenator »

M@xTizZz wrote:
On an other hand, when i started this game, i wasn't able to qualify for amateur class on racefactory, it is normal, it took me 6 month to stay on my wheels, and one year to become pro...
We are aware there are some problems with licences on EMF, we did check every amateur riders in the first round of pre season serie. We looked at their laptimes and we looked at how they ride in the race. Man, there was maybe 5 of them who were at 2s of their qualifying laptimes, others were not even below the minute, remember they were all below 58s in qualifying times......
So yeah the real problem is, there is a lot i mean A LOT of no lifes in this game, who needs 5hours on the track to get a decent laptime, but are not able to do 2 nice laps in a raw ....
For me, this is the REAL problem. And thoses guys are finally not pro for sure, they are just tryharder or/and no life.
Nice thing to do is to watch all races from round 2, you'll see what i just explained.
Yeah I know I shouldnt expect to qualify for a race after just 2 months and Im not really sad when I do. I just point out that I think its wierd that the two classes are so similar in speed.
I think you all do a great job and Im certain your doing whatever you can.
On the other hand, racing is the only goal someone like me got. I have no real life friends that play this game. I started it on my own.
And I know it usually takes a year for people to start racing but If I have to stay in single player racing for a year before i can race other people, I´d be bored to death.
Racing in the official servers can be fun, but the community in those servers can be so toxic that as soon as you´re not as fast as another guy he vomits bad words over you.
Getting into a team is impossible considering the speed I´m at. Just imagine how many people stop playing this game within the first year just because of these things.
Having friends to play with obviously helps but everyone doesnt have that luxury.

Anyways. Last effort to try to improve my time!

CYA
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Rayvenator wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote:
On an other hand, when i started this game, i wasn't able to qualify for amateur class on racefactory, it is normal, it took me 6 month to stay on my wheels, and one year to become pro...
We are aware there are some problems with licences on EMF, we did check every amateur riders in the first round of pre season serie. We looked at their laptimes and we looked at how they ride in the race. Man, there was maybe 5 of them who were at 2s of their qualifying laptimes, others were not even below the minute, remember they were all below 58s in qualifying times......
So yeah the real problem is, there is a lot i mean A LOT of no lifes in this game, who needs 5hours on the track to get a decent laptime, but are not able to do 2 nice laps in a raw ....
For me, this is the REAL problem. And thoses guys are finally not pro for sure, they are just tryharder or/and no life.
Nice thing to do is to watch all races from round 2, you'll see what i just explained.
Yeah I know I shouldnt expect to qualify for a race after just 2 months and Im not really sad when I do. I just point out that I think its wierd that the two classes are so similar in speed.
I think you all do a great job and Im certain your doing whatever you can.
On the other hand, racing is the only goal someone like me got. I have no real life friends that play this game. I started it on my own.
And I know it usually takes a year for people to start racing but If I have to stay in single player racing for a year before i can race other people, I´d be bored to death.
Racing in the official servers can be fun, but the community in those servers can be so toxic that as soon as you´re not as fast as another guy he vomits bad words over you.
Getting into a team is impossible considering the speed I´m at. Just imagine how many people stop playing this game within the first year just because of these things.
Having friends to play with obviously helps but everyone doesnt have that luxury.

Anyways. Last effort to try to improve my time!

CYA
I really understand how you feel, when i started this game there was no french community, we built it with Sam Sozio on his website mx-online.fr
I did all tutorial for this community and explained the game at so many newbies. And the toxicity of the community is real, just like you said, if you're not fast, some asshole will vomits bad words on you. The best advice i can give you, is to never give up, do some fun races, there are a lot hosted in EMF. When you'll do some good results, you'll be able to qualify for majors series. IMO with all the update we'll do on licence, you should be able to qualify for amateur in the official 2016 supercross serie. And you'll be on top of amateur for the official outdoor ;)
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

M@xTizZz wrote:
I really understand how you feel, when i started this game there was no french community, we built it with Sam Sozio on his website mx-online.fr
I did all tutorial for this community and explained the game at so many newbies. And the toxicity of the community is real, just like you said, if you're not fast, some asshole will vomits bad words on you. The best advice i can give you, is to never give up, do some fun races, there are a lot hosted in EMF. When you'll do some good results, you'll be able to qualify for majors series. IMO with all the update we'll do on licence, you should be able to qualify for amateur in the official 2016 supercross serie. And you'll be on top of amateur for the official outdoor ;)
This is why you guys are doing such an awesome job for this community. Without you guys people like me would be stuck in elsinore:19801 with the fuckvomiters and probably quit.
Thanks for hosting!

It seems I did manage to qualify for the first time so cya soon! I´ll wave as you lap me (yes i´ll be nice and stay out of the way).

Cheers
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I'll try to break it down as thorough as I can!
Rayvenator wrote:Now I´ve been on the wrong side of the qualifying line in the amateur class for the last 3 races.
Why is it that often the last qualifying time in the PRO class is actually a slower lap time than the one in the AMATEUR class?
There is always more than twice the signups for amateurs and top 10 in amateurs would always qualify in the top 20 for the pro class. I realize that sometimes someone starts out in the amateur division and gets really fast as the series goes on but right now the two classes are almost comparable in class/speed, which to me is very weird.
Summary: Amateur classes can be harder qualify for than pro. This is true to a certain point. This is also very individual for different series. If you go with "you need a pro license to race pro". Let's say the top 7 AM's (in points) in series XYZ gets transferred to pro licenses for next years series. There's only 7 going to pro, while the remaining 93 that scored points didn't move up a license. Then we have 93 + new players competing for the same 7 spots next year, let's say 30 new riders try and so on. Also if you haven't proven yourself in races before, you might want to prove yourself in the AM's class. Somebody can come from offline racing only and still be the fastest and the most consistent in the entire game.

The Pro qualifying times are most of the times not justified at all. Whenever I look at the pro's for a series that isn't considered a "Ama/GP - continental championship", not as many are going to sign up, therefor the lack of riders, mainly pro's. If we look at this this weeks race. Fredrik L at 25th place qualified with a 2:26 laptime, while #1 was 2:07 and #2 was 2:10. I know that Fredrik is fast and could probably knock out a 2:15, without too big issues, if not even faster. But the lack of pro's means that they don't have to try hard at all to make it to the "main". I've seen people over and over again, that I KNOW can have the #1 qualifying spot, but simply doesn't need it. While in the Ams, there's a tonne of guys, REALLY trying to do their best. Therefor it being closer.

Another just as important aspect is consistency. During the pros races I sort of raced in the AM's this week. I could hang with the bottom riders pretty good. But since they're considered pro's, many of the knows that consistency is important as well as they can be very consistent, since they're good. Most of the AM guys try to be good, but generally crash way more often. So lets say that Pros has an average laptime of 2:10 while some am's can pull 2:09 from time to time, but they also crash at least once 2/3 laps. That's going to make their average (2:10 + 2:20 + 2:20) / 3 = 2:16.6. Just rough counting.

What I think you are looking for is really a class system with A, B, C, D and E classes. A is TOP pro's, B is top AM's more or less able to be pros. C is sort of where I'd be (compared to A top pro riders), a little off pace, and off on consistency. Not being able to race 25 mins and only fall like 2 times, more like 1 crash per 2 laps. E class is just potatoes falling and gooning due to being new. D class would be what mot people would consider beginner/amateur.

I think a good comparison to Sim AM's are Loretta lynns vs Pros. The top guys at Lorettas are more or less pros (speedwise) and are going to transfer just after Lorettas. They're considered amateurs in the ranking (since the aren't pros), but they are "AAAAA Am's class" sort of. I mean I know for sure, whatever I race (in real life), I WILL be in the lowest class, since I am super slow, still yet I'm an amateur, since I'm not a pro ;)

As I said before, consistency is important. I had a friend over a year back. He had to fill in for another friend (the rules did not prevent this). My friend would qualify, no problems (1st - last maybe differed 3-4s, so it was close (sx)). However the fill in rider was at least 4s off of the last qualified time, YET, he made it into the main via his heat and finished 4th (!!!!) despite not even being close to qualify, simply because he can put in 5-8 laps without crashing ;) But he just can't make a superfast lap. MXScentral had 6 laps qualifying (or 5) 2013, then your qualifying time was the average of your 3 best laps each session. So you needed to be able to put down solid laps, in order to qualify, making it more fair, not just a "lucky time".

Hope I made some sense :)
Bruce422
Team: Sina Clothing

Post by Bruce422 »

That was a super good explanation on how this whole classification on sim works! Mostly it all comes down to a rider's consistency. Although speed does have a factor in it. But if you can consistently run like Storken says, a 2:15 maybe, and only crash once within a 5 lap span, then odds are you're possibly a high end amateur or a pro rider. Moral of the story is, consistency is a major thing! Good starts also help in the am class :D but Storken described it very well so props to him :D
Bruce422
Team: Sina Clothing

Post by Bruce422 »

Double post haha :D sorry I called you Storken, I'm not thinking straight rn! I meant wahlamt :D
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Haha, to this day I pretty much agree with any name. Kris, Kristoffer, Storken, Storkenmxs, wahlamt, wahlmat, wal-mart, wal, whatever suits you ;) Thanks for the complement :)
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

Wal-mart ahahaha :lol:
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Are you ready for this?
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Fuck you for posting that and not releasing it yet.
Love you soooooo much for making it :D
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
honda23

Post by honda23 »

scheeve3 wrote:Fuck you for posting that and not releasing it yet.
Love you soooooo much for making it :D
The track will be released tomorrow evening! Hope the castle won't make the game crash in online mode 8)
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Final results are up for Namur as well as the whole championship :)
http://mxsemf.com/xraces.php?page=xresults&seriesid=48&class=2
honda23

Post by honda23 »

Wahlamt wrote:Final results are up for Namur as well as the whole championship :)
http://mxsemf.com/xraces.php?page=xresults&seriesid=48&class=2
Yep :D
honda23 wrote:It has been a great championship! It was the first time for us hosting a serie and do all tracks for it, it came out pretty good and we are happy about that! The one thing i am disappointed is the amount of guys who insulted and punted us, pretending to be right even if they were wrong...and we had proofs too, some little squabbles, it's normal in today's world.
Anyway, we have been really pleased to host that for the comminuty, for you guys, for giving you 10 new italian tracks (maybe not top tracks), the possibility to race CET times and two categories who allowed everyone to race.
With this i would like to thanks everyone who helped my doing tracks, sponsorship and hosting: first off, i would like to thank my teammates of the R.K.I. Racing Team: Ivan Dallari, Massimo Virdieri and Matteo Zago for helping me with the layout, objects and beta testing; then TM_Infidel for our official sponsorship, unfortunately we caught eachother late and we could not do so many objects with his logo, however we thank him also for putting money in, which is really important and he trusted us; then i would like to thank every trackmaker from whom i took his creations...they are loads of and i cannot write their names here, you can find credits in every track i made, but i would definitely thank Vincent Delille and Matteo Gusmerini for doing me many objects for our last round who has just ended; finally i would like to thank EMF and it's admins, in particular Yohann Mayer and Maxime Tison for helping me creating the serie, giving us a second server for the qualifiyng days and for information about hosting and stuff!
If i missed someone, i didn't make it on purpose, sorry. We thank everyone involved! Thank you! :D

And finally...here are the final podiums: (money prizes will be communicated soon)

Pro Class
1° - Valtteri Tiainen | 360 pts
2° - Jannik Muller | 304 pts
3° - Gleb Volkov | 265 pts

Amateur Class
1° - Ivan Dallari | 277 pts
2° - Massimo Virdieri | 257 pts
3° - Stephane Guido | 245 pts

I am Gabriele Grossi, it was the 2015 MXS Italian Championship, thanks everyone for racing! We hope a comeback next year! 8)
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Congrats Ivan! Think I missed it in the last topic ;)