2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd4 link available)

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Re: 2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd3 link available)

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

One thing i want point on the track:

Why the bale and jump arent straight like the other side of the track (like the red line, and not like the green one)? Is not really a big deal, but when you come wide out of the turn, you have to jump to right to dont go off the track..

And here, like lot of 90° turn, why the berm is like this? i dont really know how to explain, my english is limited lol, but why the berm arent like the red line? We have to go left a little to take the berm correctly (like the green line), not really a big deal to, but, to me, it make more sense if the berm are like the red line (same thing on the first pics btw)
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

The reason the bales aren't in a straight line is because the berm isn't in line with the width of the whoops and the bales are the last job so it would make the track to be released later than it is meant to be meaning you get kids crying for it on here
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

if you use PS then its easy enough to put a ruler along the length of the straight/rhythm/whoops to make sure the berm is straight. For editor I saw that Barrington posted something that he did to make sure his berms were in line and the rhythms were the correct width and all that. It does get quite annoying when trying to triple out of corners but jump of the track because they aren't straight. Other than that I think track is pretty good just the small things you need to iron out early for an actual series in the future, but so far so good imo gj.
Fair Play.
James Parkin #77
Team: None

Post by James Parkin #77 »

anaheim 3 is shit, too slippery and very badly built, I'm disappointed.
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

James Parkin #77 wrote:anaheim 3 is shit, too slippery and very badly built, I'm disappointed.
Im waiting for your version
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

James Parkin #77 wrote:anaheim 3 is shit, too slippery and very badly built, I'm disappointed.
Same traction, same jump shapes aside from the whoops...but thanks for the fantastic feedback. See you next round!
Aggressively Mediocre Image
James Parkin #77

Big Smooth one3 wrote:
Same traction, same jump shapes aside from the whoops...but thanks for the fantastic feedback. See you next round!
CeeJayHDz wrote:
Im waiting for your version
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like such a dick, it just seems like the first two tracks were way better than this one and it seems like you put a lot more effort into the first two, and I couldn't make anything better. Sorry if I offended you.
James Parkin #77

Big Smooth one3 wrote:
also I think the whoops in rd2 were pretty much perfect.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

IMO this round is way better apart from the rythems/turns alignment.

Jump shapes are good and rythem section are fun. There are a couple of good rhythems possible. Whoops are a lot of fun. You should use these more often.

Round 1 and 3 are my favourite so far. Can't wait for round 4.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

James Parkin #77 wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like such a dick, it just seems like the first two tracks were way better than this one and it seems like you put a lot more effort into the first two.
A) I'm not the type to half ass anything, and I don't act like these are perfect by any means, so don't talk to me about effort kid.

B) If you don't want to "sound like such a dick," maybe next time done start a post with "[track] is shit..."
Aggressively Mediocre Image
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Sorry for my absence tonight guys, little personal issue ...

About the track, actually no one of us noticed theses non-lined sections on the track, i noticed it when i made decals but didn't think it was a big problem, i guess i was wrong.
The whoops were harsh but really realistic, i like them. Whoops are not easy on all sx tracks, actually whoops have to be different each tracks, that's the specific part of supercross tracks.
Whoops from rd2 were good too but maybe too easy. We'll still keep them as an easy set.
I'm with Ruben about rythm, it was good, still some problem on some single.
The traction : actually it's exactly the same than rF use this year for SX, i know it doesn't fell like it's the same but it is, i think the slippery feeling were less present on this round than the 2 first one, cause we changed the 180° corner. We still have to work on the shape of it, and also the shape of the others 90° and 120° corners.

Final round is the most interesting layout in my opinion, hope to see more of you showing up ! considering it will be the very last race before the next season
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

May I ask if sx tracks will be like this? (Retro tracks)
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

I had lot of fun racing today!
LCQs are so much fun but at the same time super intense. It's super unpredictible
The split section turned out awesome for racing and also to make moves. Talking about whoops, I think they were better than last week's.
Overall I am really liking this old school designs. They are relativly easy and fun for racing.

Next and last round will be San Diego which seems to have a more modern layout. Can't wait for it.

Also, since there's only one round to go and still there's no Skins Thread, here you have mine and my buddies setup.
Spanish MX Gamers Team. Download the pack only if you are going to use it to see us in the races next week.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3v2q6psgs ... -SETUP.rar
Alex V111#1017
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

i was hoping for a streamer but finally no one came so i just didn't see the point to have a skin thread :?
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

M@xTizZz wrote:i was hoping for a streamer but finally no one came so i just didn't see the point to have a skin thread :?
But it's cool for the riders to see us while racing. Or to have the skins to make screens or vids after the race
Alex V111#1017