2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd4 link available)

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Re: 2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (start the 23th of November)

Post by M@xTizZz »

Sandhapper wrote:New member? I'm the oldest EMF member :lol:

Looking good guys! Can't wait to race this.
yeah but you left and then came back to it, so your past doesn't count anymore :)
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

M@xTizZz wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:New member? I'm the oldest EMF member :lol:

Looking good guys! Can't wait to race this.
yeah but you left and then came back to it, so your past doesn't count anymore :)
Haha, shh <3
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

jukabalamx94
Team: AZDesignGFX

Post by jukabalamx94 »

Nice Dude !!! :D :D :D
Winner of the third edition of "Design my bike" by MxWayGamer
2018 JGMX Loretta Lynn's 250B/450B Top10 Overall
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

track added in the 1st post.

Servers and sign up are now OPEN !
Maxime Tison
manii20

Re: 2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd1 link available in the 1st post)

Post by manii20 »

I like the track, it's really well made knowing it's your first official sx track.
Only thing that bothers me are the whoops, I don't know if you wanted to replicate the old styled ones or... Anyways in my taste it should be longer with bigger gaps.
Good job overall!
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

manii20 wrote:I like the track, it's really well made knowing it's your first official sx track.
Only thing that bothers me are the whoops, I don't know if you wanted to replicate the old styled ones or... Anyways in my taste it should be longer with bigger gaps.
Good job overall!
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

manii20 wrote:I like the track, it's really well made knowing it's your first official sx track.
Good job overall!
just to be sure i understood ..
each whoops should be longer (so the shape will be more roundish) and the gap between them bigger.
or just the gaps bigger ?
what about the height of them, is it good ?
Maxime Tison
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

The sx crew is looking good :D I find the track pretty interesting, it flows well and it's nice when you start to put down clean laps on it because it's not that hard, rhythm sections are well built and linked and triples are perfect to throw down some nice whips. Regarding whoops, the only thing i would do it just to make them a little bit bigger :wink:
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
manii20

Post by manii20 »

Like you said in the server a new track with few options would be a great idea.

In my opinion they can be higher as long as the shape is more roundish with bigger gaps between them.

There are many types of whoops but my own personal favorite are the ones I showed above (2015/2016 rf supercross)
James Parkin #77
Team: None

Post by James Parkin #77 »

thanks for hosting, tracks are very nice, I think the whoops need a bit more spacing between them and the rhythm sections stretched out a bit more, it feels a little cramped at first but after a few laps it feels fine, i still think you should stretch them out just a little bit though.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

About the whoosps, I do not agree but also do not disagree.

The good thing about a set of whoops is that they can be very different. This is a good factor because at the end of the day, a Supecross triple is a Supercross triple. A double, a double... but a set of whoops can be made in so many different ways. That's the beauty about them.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't make them bigger or smaller, I am saying that the key is to not follow a "pattern". Make them different every time.
This week samaller, next one bigger, next one really hard, next one super easy and so...

About the track in general, I really really like it a lot.
As honda23 said, triples are awesome. I mean, from my point of view, they are almost perfect about the scaling, height... really fun to throw whips but at the same time realistic and challenging for the 250's.

About the ryhtm sections, I think they are good and the best part, "easy" for an average 250 rider like me.
I don't know if I really suck in SX or not but I feel like the track creators are doing lately the Supercross tracks very difficult for the 250's so by playing this one and being able to hit almost everything is very nice.
Scaling I would say is good.

To end, the berms, nothing wrong with them.

An advice for the track crew:
Don't follow any "style" of track. No one is this game makes "the perfect sx track" NO ONE. Don't say: "Oh, that guy makes the whoops like that. I will try to make them like he does"
By saying this I mean that you should make the tracks with your own touch and style.
Why did I like the MXSGP tracks? Because they were different and had their own touch.
Why am I liking the Italian MX tracks? Because they are different and have they own touch.
Keep them in your way and bring something different like this one.

Can't wait for the rest of the tracks and also for the Main seasson to begin. Thank you!!

Also, could we have a Skins thread please?
Also, posting the track in the track section would help to get more people into the event.
If you guys are busy, I can do both of the post. Just say ok.
Alex V111#1017
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

VUSTTOS wrote:An advice for the track crew:
Don't follow any "style" of track. No one is this game makes "the perfect sx track" NO ONE. Don't say: "Oh, that guy makes the whoops like that. I will try to make them like he does"
By saying this I mean that you should make the tracks with your own touch and style.
Why did I like the MXSGP tracks? Because they were different and had their own touch.
Why am I liking the Italian MX tracks? Because they are different and have they own touch.
Keep them in your way and bring something different like this one.

Can't wait for the rest of the tracks and also for the Main seasson to begin. Thank you!!
Sound words of advice that are nice to hear and will be taken to heart.

Glad most are enjoying the track, hopefully that stays the same throughout!
Aggressively Mediocre Image
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

As a first tey at sx the emf crew has done a very good job, my favourite thing about this track is the rhythms, the jump transitions are nice and you dont get any wierd kicks, DO NOT stretch them out more like people have suggested, its not a fammx track its sx its meant to be tight and technical, the whoops are challenging but once again only if you're trying to hit them pinned, slow down a little and you skim across the top of them easily. I love how the finish jump has a low spot like its been ridde on over and over, a good bit of realism. Only suggestion for an improvement in future rounds is the berms could be more curved, at the moment they feel like this "/' when they could be a bit more like this ")" the height of them are good though. A very good but challenging track which in my opinion is what sx is all about. Good job
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

Just going to reiterate in my own words what others have said about the whoops, since this is the only part of the track I am not to sure on. Personally I agree with Alanas about being a bigger gap but like ^^ said if you slow down just before these; they are easy enough to skim through. As for the variation of whoops; this has been seen between years, but they don't seem to change the style of whoops between rounds, apart from obviously they wont be the exact same every round. But I'd imagine they use the same measurements. You can also see when riding through that the edges of the whoops are completely flat and about a foot in each side they start to give weird 'ruts'. I guess this was planned but you get different kicks from them every lap from my experience, I only bring up this point because I don't see pros IRL crashing on the same whoop every lap because it kicked them differently from the lap before and the lap before that and the lap before that etc.

Other than that I really enjoy the track and the big triples that have been used, if you can iron out the little things that could make the track not fun to play, then this series will be amazing. Keep it up.
Fair Play.
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

The track is really good, but i agree with Alanas about the whoops and with Connor about the berms, otherwise, the track is really good. Good job EMF crew.