2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd4 link available)

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

manii20

Re: 2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd1 link available in the 1st post)

Post by manii20 »

ryxn wrote:you get different kicks from them every lap from my experience, I only bring up this point because I don't see pros IRL crashing on the same whoop every lap because it kicked them differently from the lap before and the lap before that and the lap before that etc.
I noticed that aswell, that's why I suggested to change it like I said before.
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

First of all I want to thank all of you guys from emf for making this series and putting in the work to do these tracks!
But I will also share some of my opinions trackwise and specially on the whoops.
I also think they are made a little bit weird and I also often get kicks even tho I go straight into them so I took a little look on how you guys build them and want to give a little advice on how I would do them(its just my opion on how to make them easier but still tricky)
The following picture shows your first set of whoops
As you can see I outlined three whoops that are coming straight after each other and all three of them look diffrent, the first one looks pretty much right but the second one starts a little bit taller than it ends which most likely will make the bike kick or jump and then the third one has only 2 dots and not 3 like ones befor which gives it another diffrent shape and can cause kicks or jumps of the bike.
I think if the whoops were made a little bit more consistent they would be better to ride but also easier to make a little bit challenging.
In this photo I show you a set of whoops I made for a track and what I mean with making them more consistent
Again I outlined three whoops and what you can probably see as first is that I start my whoops a little bit more mellow and build them slowly up, but that is only personal preference because I like to make my whoops that way. But when you take a look at the outlined whoops you can see that they look almost exacly the same and with that I could make them even taller or a bigger distance between them because they would all be the same way to hit and I wouldn't have to expect any weird kicks or jumps when I hit them. Oh and befor I forget to mention this I would give you the tip to make them a little little bit unround which give the rider a little space where he can hit the whoop and get enough ''pop'' to make it to the next whoop. I think the following picture make it easier to describe what I mean
In this picture you can see these lighter spots of the dirt and thats where the riders go through the most, but its also the spot where the whoops are the most unround and easiest to hit. But of course we dont have terrain deformation so the whoops have to get a little bit build like that so it still would have somewhat of a realistic feeling to them.

I hope this could help you a little bit and it was some constructive critism that you can use for future track making.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

jonracer594 wrote:The following picture shows your first set of whoops
As you can see I outlined three whoops that are coming straight after each other and all three of them look diffrent, the first one looks pretty much right but the second one starts a little bit taller than it ends which most likely will make the bike kick or jump and then the third one has only 2 dots and not 3 like ones befor which gives it another diffrent shape and can cause kicks or jumps of the bike.
I think if the whoops were made a little bit more consistent they would be better to ride but also easier to make a little bit challenging.
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think there has ever been a set of whoops made in sim that have been unanimously praised for being technical, fun, easy to get through, etc. by every person - basically, to each their own, but I am bit surprised that some are having as much difficulty as they are reporting. I'm by no means good at this game and didn't find them very hard, so I guess that's a surprise, but always good to get constructive feedback.

Want to quickly address your first picture. I don't work in editor so I can't tell you why the gradients show up with different points, but I can assure you they are all identical (outside of the entry whoop). Image As you can see, the tops are all the same height, and the shapes are an exact match (each white arc is a copy, so those are all the same). This doesn't discredit your feedback, which again I appreciate, but these weren't haphazardly thrown together with differing sizes, just want to make sure that's clear.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Thanks for all your feedbacks guys ! we'll try to take care about everyone's opinion

also Justin is right, we don't work in the editor so i guess you can't take theses gradient (don't even know from where they come) as a base to compare with an other set of whoops
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Dennisfjeldberg
Team: EVP

Post by Dennisfjeldberg »

Im pretty sure its gonna shape up for some good ass racing, thanks for the track guys, cool to see that EMF is stepping up there Sx game.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

M@xTizZz wrote:gradient (don't even know from where they come)
You can put a gradient over the whoops and click on: set from terrain.
Alex V111#1017
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

Track flow is good, about the whoops it depends on your technique as Justin told me in ts on how to get through them and after that they are easy now, i think the sizing of them is different to rf not being as big but i think i prefer the smaller whoops as it makes it more challenging and makes the track feel more European. Feel like track is just abit too wide but it should be better with racing that way, so depends what type you want it for (good racing or replica). Bale placements need more work but i think the reason behind them not being flat with the berm is one how Justin has his berms curved at the top so they sit uneven or its part of the bale code where you have set it no to flow with the terrain. found the decals abit boring would of been nicer to see maybe a 2 toned track(darker where the racing line is). Also can you use a different overhead start thing because in normal 3rd person you cant see the 30 second bored guy.

But i do like the track so i feel this should be a good series even if i cant race it (possibly make it an annual thing :wink: )
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
Stable
Crushed Dissenter
Team: None

Post by Stable »

Aaron Hall wrote:Feedback:
Track flow is good, about the whoops it depends on your technique as Justin told me in ts on how to get through them and after that they are easy now, i think the sizing of them is different to rf not being as big but i think i prefer the smaller whoops as it makes it more challenging and makes the track feel more European. Feel like track is just abit too wide but it should be better with racing that way, so depends what type you want it for (good racing or replica). Bale placements need more work but i think the reason behind them not being flat with the berm is one how Justin has his berms curved at the top so they sit uneven or its part of the bale code where you have set it no to flow with the terrain. found the decals abit boring would of been nicer to see maybe a 2 toned track(darker where the racing line is). Also can you use a different overhead start thing because in normal 3rd person you cant see the 30 second bored guy.

But i do like the track so i feel this should be a good series even if i cant race it (possibly make it an annual thing :wink: )
Nice ban aaron
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

Aaron Hall wrote:feel more European.
Considering its an AMA replica, then surely that's not a good thing :lol:
Fair Play.
Dennisfjeldberg
Team: EVP

Post by Dennisfjeldberg »

mabye im dumb as a rock, but are amateur and pro`s racing together? it says so on the front page.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Dennisfjeldberg wrote:mabye im dumb as a rock, but are amateur and pro`s racing together? it says so on the front page.
Pros tonight.
Amateurs tomorrow.

Could we have a skins thread please?
Alex V111#1017
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Dennisfjeldberg wrote:mabye im dumb as a rock, but are amateur and pro`s racing together? it says so on the front page.
It would be cool to had a Pro and AMs on different server for the qualy btw
Faltsu

Post by Faltsu »

Wow, was already my 100th race! Thanks for creating cool offseason series :)
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:
It would be cool to had a Pro and AMs on different server for the qualy btw

it is already ...
Maxime Tison
M@xTizZz

Re: 2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (start the 23th of November)

Post by M@xTizZz »

Round 2 trackmap, start to learn the lines !

Maxime Tison