2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd4 link available)

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Re: 2016 EMF Retro SX Prep series (Rd4 link available)

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Dennisfjeldberg wrote:I like the fact that u guys are listening to the riders and trying to make the best tracks for us, but i can see that u guys have been listening to midpack B riders only, this isnt even Sx, what happened with the jump? they are all flat and sketchy. im dissapointed,but overall a great series, im not just a fan of flat tracks.
Since I'm responsible for the tracks, guess this is where I can chime in...

Would be interested in hearing what you mean by "flat," maybe not here but if you care to provide more info feel free to shoot me a PM. As Ruben said, every obstacle is essentially shaped the same as previous rounds with tweaking to fit the layout (maybe a 5-10% opacity difference in the same layer between rounds, at most? Honestly don't know off the top of my head). The triple in this round is actually taller than the 2nd triple in the prior round, and the step-on-off's are the same heights, as well as the other jumps having nearly the same peak heights. In fact, the entry single into the first section on this week's track compared to last weeks is around .5ft taller. Not pointing this out to say your wrong, just trying to explain the way I'm interpreting your comment, so I'd love to get some more feedback on this specific issue. That said, your definition of a "flat track" may differ from mine, so maybe you're talking about the transition between jumps being too smooth?. Generally speaking, I'm very happy to hear most are enjoying round 4, and I hope you've had a bit of fun on them as well, Dennis. It has personally been enjoyable putting these together for you guys to race on, something which obviously wouldn't have happened without the great support of Tizz and the rest of the EMF crew.

As it relates to this week, for what it's worth, I do want to extend my appreciation to a couple of guys specifically (beyond Tizz, who is obviously instrumental to the entire EMF operation staying up and running). Ruben stepped up and put time into this overlay when it wasn't asked of him, and I think it is a step in the right direction for these tracks, really appreciated the pro-active approach he took to assisting the build. I also somehow guilted Storken :mrgreen: into taking a few minutes to ride the track pre-release and provide feedback, which turned into a 2 page write up that was immensely helpful and reassuring. I know these 4 little tracks haven't been perfect, but I felt it was appropriate to let you guys know who has been working behind the scenes, often times when they didn't have to, in order to make this pre-series happen with a short lead-up time.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and Thursday in the races!
Aggressively Mediocre Image
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

If we compare these tracks to the Race Factory ones, EMF ones are "flat". Or maybe, EMF's are good but RF are over scaled.

RF tracks are built for people who spends lot of time on this video game. RF SX ones are really difficult for the 75% of people who play this game.
I am liking EMF SX Retro tracks bc we have seen some variety in them:
- First round was the most difficult one.
- Second round was the easiest one.
- In the third and fourth round we've seen the best tracks.

This kind of tracks and variety you guys have been putting is awesome and I would say perfect.
Not everyone wants to spend 7 hours a day playing so to be able to sign up and have fun racing is awesome.

Amateur class have been awesome. I have had awesome battles with lot of different people and we actually could do 5 laps without crashing, having flow and sometimes throwing whips.
This doesn't happen in the RF track bc as I said before, they are built only for pros.

I understand that the very skillers gamers wants difficult tracks if they are used to the RF ones but at the same time you have to think that there are more amateurs than pros.

Well, now EMF, it's your decission to make the tracks way harder or keep them like these so we all can have fun.
If I would have to choose, I would choose to make the 75% of the tracks following this scheme and the 25% really difficult.

My thoughts on the track:
-Track is definitly the best of the Championship. I just can't stop playing it and I am really looking forward to the race.
-On track decals are finally really good but the track keeps being visualy ugly and boring. Bale placement is strange in some places.
RF does really well on this:
If you guys need any kind of help on this, just let me know.
Alex V111#1017
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

dunno if it's me but if i compare your 2 screenshots i really prefer our visuals, the random tyres lines are most realistic than the straigh line decal everywhere
we just need some objects, some are close to be done, tracks will not look "empty" in the future

i'm with you for the difficulty of the track, (it's really my personal opinion, not the opinion of the EMF crew), Sx tracks have to be easy on this game, i mean not all track easy, jumping quad in after every corner, but still they don't have to be hard each week, hard whoops, hard rythm section...
i don't see the interest to make track where 95% of the players on this game can't run a clean 20laps main event. I think i have a big experience in racing on this game since 2012, even on rF (not really this year but still one race or 2). Hard tracks are fun when us (legit players) are running A LOT of laps before the race, i don't talk for theses aliens, just the "outsider" players like me (top5/10), when you are racing the whole main event batteling for 8th/15th position and neither you or your opponents are clean on the track, it's really not fun to race.
MX tracks can be more replica and more difficult IMO cause they are wider, you have more space, more solution to pass, more lines but SX 100% replica are not fun on this game.
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

At the beginning of the series I thought that the tracks were going to be mediocre at best, but the last round really feels like an SX track IMO. I'm glad through all the the criticism you have came out better on the other side. The last track is definitely the best and hopefully you will create more SX tracks like this in the future. I think you now have a solid base for upcoming series and you have the potential to run your own SX series (at the start I would of said you you didn't but I think you have proved with this last round that it is possible). Thank you for all your hard work and everyone who has put time and effort into the tracks and the series.

I know that after nationals you were talking about running an SX series, do you have any info you could give us as to what or if it will be euro or u.s style tracks? If you don't want to release any info I understand, I am just curious. :D
Fair Play.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

I have to agree that the bale placement isn't the best looking. I didn't really criticise Max enough for that. My main goals were the terrain, decals and shadings.

I feel like we've acomplised my main goals, at least a solid start of them. The decals could still use some work. I made the overlay decal on saturday, the normal- and spec map, opacity and underlying decals were all made on sunday. The plywood you see next to the track is actually just the overlay with 100% opacity. At first I didn't want to do this, but I had some weird issues with my overlay normal. We wanted to get the track done, so I just put the plywood in the overlay. It turned out decent, and if I can't fix the overlay normal map problem I think I'll keep doing this. Perhaps with some updates, but the overall process will be the same.

I'll keep experimenting with the overlay and the underlying decals. It's a solid start, but it could be better.

Both Vincent (is he still modelling objects?) and I are modelling objects including stadiums, bales, timing towers, spotlights, bales etc. I've also updated my stadium model from several years ago. I'm sure the tracks won't look really empty anymore in the future.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! :)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

I'd like to personally say how awesome this track is I have had no fun at all any rds but this track blew me away so smooth so flowy for 17 if ur gonna base your tracks of anything do this one :D
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

M@xTizZz wrote:dunno if it's me but if i compare your 2 screenshots i really prefer our visuals, the random tyres lines are most realistic than the straigh line decal everywhere
we just need some objects, some are close to be done, tracks will not look "empty" in the future
Definitly Max! Rd 4 on-track decals are straight fire.

VUSTTOS wrote:-On track decals are finally really good but the track keeps being visualy ugly and boring. Bale placement is strange in some places.
I didn't want to say that the on track decals are ugly or boring. I meant that off-track decals/enviroment doesn't look good yet. I didn't explain well. Super nice to know you guys are working on objects so the track doesn't look empty!

Sandhapper wrote:Both Vincent (is he still modelling objects?) and I are modelling objects including stadiums, bales, timing towers, spotlights, bales etc. I've also updated my stadium model from several years ago. I'm sure the tracks won't look really empty anymore in the future
Nice! On track decals are on point so I am pretty sure the object will kick ass too.
Alex V111#1017
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

demo please so i can get the pathetic cunt that is mads balzer banned
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

VUSTTOS wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Both Vincent (is he still modelling objects?) and I are modelling objects including stadiums, bales, timing towers, spotlights, bales etc. I've also updated my stadium model from several years ago. I'm sure the tracks won't look really empty anymore in the future
Nice! On track decals are on point so I am pretty sure the object will kick ass too.
Sorry, I meant updated my PODIUM model from several years ago. Didn't model a stadium before.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

^ I suck at quoting haha
CeeJayHDz wrote:demo please so i can get the pathetic cunt that is mads balzer banned
250 main demo:
https://www.mediafire.com/?r4kr6a65n91r2ef
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

sim community in a nutshell

Mads: "oh hey title contender 1 (friend) let me get completely off the track for you

Mads: "hey title contender 2 (not friend but has done nothing wrong to me) fuck you cunt i'm going to pin it into you so my friend wins"

M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

nice video name
Maxime Tison
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

CeeJayHDz wrote:sim community in a nutshell

Mads: "oh hey title contender 1 (friend) let me get completely off the track for you

Mads: "hey title contender 2 (not friend but has done nothing wrong to me) fuck you cunt i'm going to pin it into you so my friend wins"

M@xTizZz wrote:nice video name
Unfortunately I kinda have to agree with Connor 90% of people in emf race u super dirty and I don't know why for ex madz did the same shit to me in the heat race for 10th on the 1st lap for no reason. I know u can't make people change there way of riding but I think some harsher bans need to be enforced for their actions
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

CeeJayHDz wrote:sim community in a nutshell

did hosts not see this? Chex has dropped a black flag mid race on a couple guys during sx madness, think you guys should consider doing the same!
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

Mads was banned for the 2015 sx season.
don't really know if we saw him during GP but if so he didn't do anything wrong.
Then again he's back at sx & at doing shit on the track.
We'll discuss about him with other admins and surely take big decision.

to reply to Logan and Mack, well, since years, people are saying rF is more clean than EMF, i've raced both at an high level (surely more than you 2 together), i maybe not raced a lot rF this year but still some and i raced it alot in the past anyway. I really don't think it's more clean on rF, when you are battleling for top 10/15 it's the same shit, can be rF EMF Lobby or MXSCentral in the past. I have never seen a clean race since we hosted races on mx-online.fr

Last year we were kicking people really easy during races, it was not good, EMF was corrupt, Bruno and i were nazis (yeah some guys called us nazis , like "you french you allowed nazis during ww2 so you're nazi....")
This year we are more soft on guys and then again "EMF is shit"
And the most funny thing about this whole story is we rarely have protests to review.
So i don't know you guys should teach us how to see everything during a race, maybe you have a secret like bionic eyes, eagle vision or 22 different screens ?
Maxime Tison