EMF vs 2017 [Informations]

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

chrischanning202

Re: EMF vs 2017 [Informations]

Post by chrischanning202 »

Basically from those poll results it should tell you that you're going to get a 50% turnout for a Sunday race, and exactly the same turnout for a Monday race.

Does that not tell you that neither day is a good day for racing?

imo you've changed the day and still have the same problem. The results were so close that it didn't need to be changed as it was equal, so that doesn't make sense...

Glad I waited before buying a pass :lol:

Good luck for the series, but I definitely can't race Mondays! Sad I can't ride my #40 machine :roll:
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

chrischanning202 wrote:Basically from those poll results it should tell you that you're going to get a 50% turnout for a Sunday race, and exactly the same turnout for a Monday race.

imo you've changed the day and still have the same problem. The results were so close that it didn't need to be changed as it was equal, so that doesn't make sense...

Good luck for the series, but I definitely can't race Mondays! Sad I can't ride my #40 machine :roll:
#MakeThursdayGreatAgain
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

chrischanning202 wrote:Basically from those poll results it should tell you that you're going to get a 50% turnout for a Sunday race, and exactly the same turnout for a Monday race.

You can't race on sunday, you can't race on monday ...
I just think you don't want to race and don't want to pay.
You maybe didn't understand so i'll explain a last time. The track is released on thursday prior to the race, so except if we could use Marty McFly's time machine, i really don't see how we could host the race on our usual day, except by hosting the race one week after the track release which is really weird to us.
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

Wahlamt wrote:
motox4 wrote:really. it had to be changed to monday of course. i cant understand that. every one is free on sunday. didnt that count?
Actually contrary to our initial discussion, people are doing more stuff during weekends rather than just "doing nothing after work/school" it seems.
Just wondering, what people actually do at 11pm Sunday nights that they can't race, mystery for me :D

Good luck with the series guys! I'm officialy a "weekend warrior" from now on it seems like :D
The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
manii20

Post by manii20 »

krossboy wrote: Just wondering, what people actually do at 11pm Sunday nights that they can't race, mystery for me
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

manii20 wrote:
krossboy wrote: Just wondering, what people actually do at 11pm Sunday nights that they can't race, mystery for me
They do mystery stuff 8)
Faltsu

Post by Faltsu »

krossboy wrote: Just wondering, what people actually do at 11pm Sunday nights that they can't race, mystery for me :D
Osari52 wrote: Well, yes Sonny, I was speaking for myself in the second paragraph, but I was also highlighting a bigger problem they will have in my first paragraph. The year Race Factory ran stuff on Sunday (2014), we had a DRAMATIC fall off from the opening rounds until the end of the series. It was the first time in the Race Factory's history that we weren't still seeing full gates by the end of the series. It was so bad that even Barrington, yes BARRINGTON, was nearly getting top 10s in pro 450 Main Events by the end of the series. In any gaming discipline not associated to racing, weekends are fine because yeah people do tend to have more time on the weekends. But we are a community of racers and riders who like driving several hours to go to our favorite tracks or going to real life pro events in our area to spectate and that only happens on the weekends. In Call of Duty, you don't have the Pro players going to watch professional gun fighting battles on the weekend because there isn't any.

I'm perfectly fine with whatever EMF do because like us at Race Factory, it's their series to run. However, I'm just explaining the difficulties they are most certainly going to have. Doesn't matter what the poll says, weekends were a disaster for Race Factory and there's a reason why we haven't gone anywhere near them in the three years since.
Kellen expained it best but yeah going for weekend riding/racing trips and arriving home late to unpack and stuff so i think that would lower players the most.
Faltsu

Post by Faltsu »

Idk if that was proper english but u understand :D
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Faltsu wrote: Kellen expained it best but yeah going for weekend riding/racing trips and arriving home late to unpack and stuff so i think that would lower players the most.
Yeah I agree.
Back when I was racing just the thought of benching myself in front of my pc in the sunday everying after a race weekend was just a no-no on so many levels. Not only do you have tons of shit to do; wash the bike properly, wash and clean clothes and gear, tidy up the truck/van, preparing the bike for the coming week etc, you are also KNACKERED after a race weekend and trying to focus for 2-3 hours at 9-11/12 pm is neither easy nor fun.

I understand sunday might be better for the US folks but somewhere we have to put the Europeans first in a European series.

I dont see why mondays would be worse than any other day. Its better than a weekend because of the IRL racing but mon-thur is about the same isnt it?
Its probably even be the best day for IRL purposes since most tracks is closed on a monday due to prep after a full weekend of practice/racing.

My 2 cents at least :P
motox4
Team: Privateer

Post by motox4 »

Rayvenator wrote:
Faltsu wrote: Kellen expained it best but yeah going for weekend riding/racing trips and arriving home late to unpack and stuff so i think that would lower players the most.
Yeah I agree.
Back when I was racing just the thought of benching myself in front of my pc in the sunday everying after a race weekend was just a no-no on so many levels. Not only do you have tons of shit to do; wash the bike properly, wash and clean clothes and gear, tidy up the truck/van, preparing the bike for the coming week etc, you are also KNACKERED after a race weekend and trying to focus for 2-3 hours at 9-11/12 pm is neither easy nor fun.

I understand sunday might be better for the US folks but somewhere we have to put the Europeans first in a European series.

I dont see why mondays would be worse than any other day. Its better than a weekend because of the IRL racing but mon-thur is about the same isnt it?
Its probably even be the best day for IRL purposes since most tracks is closed on a monday due to prep after a full weekend of practice/racing.

My 2 cents at least :P
I can give an example of monday is worse than sunday. I work different times every week so im just able to do 4-5 races now maybe. with racing on sunday i could be able to race the hole season.
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

motox4 wrote: I can give an example of monday is worse than sunday. I work different times every week so im just able to do 4-5 races now maybe. with racing on sunday i could be able to race the hole season.
Yes for you specifically. They can't work around schedules for every individual ;).
motox4
Team: Privateer

Post by motox4 »

Rayvenator wrote:
motox4 wrote: I can give an example of monday is worse than sunday. I work different times every week so im just able to do 4-5 races now maybe. with racing on sunday i could be able to race the hole season.
Yes for you specifically. They can't work around schedules for every individual ;).
It was an example. i guess its not just me who work different times. no one is doing anything on sundays when race is starting
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

motox4 wrote:It was an example. i guess its not just me who work different times. no one is doing anything on sundays when race is starting
Not sure you get the point that the turnout for the events will be worse on Sunday's compared to Monday's as has been shown in the past with Race Factory. The more people that can turn up for a race, realistically the better the racing will be.
Fair Play.
chrischanning202

Post by chrischanning202 »

M@xTizZz wrote:

You can't race on sunday, you can't race on monday ...
I just think you don't want to race and don't want to pay.
You maybe didn't understand so i'll explain a last time. The track is released on thursday prior to the race, so except if we could use Marty McFly's time machine, i really don't see how we could host the race on our usual day, except by hosting the race one week after the track release which is really weird to us.
Don't want to race? :shock: I wouldn't bother saying anything if i didn't want to. And I'm not one of those kids that kick up a fuss about paying. I don't mind paying if we going to get our money's worth...

I know when it's released, I meant the Thursday after. But then yeah you might run into problems with the GPs which I understand.

All in all I changed my work plans so I could race Mondays and then you moved it to a day I can't do AGAIN lol :cry:

I can now do Sundays if you want to change it back<3
Marc Torres
Team: Spanish Mx Gamers

Post by Marc Torres »

Hey guys could someone confirm to me what time it will be the Amateur sx2 race in Spain that has not been clear to me please. :|