2017 EMF Supercross series

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: 2017 EMF Supercross series - Official thread

Post by Sandhapper »

ryxn wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Unfortunately protests are closed and I just found out that we can download demos on the mxsemf website... I'll still show these. Not to make anyone look bad, but to get more attention at the fact that people should calm down and ride more careful sometimes.

Not sure about this one. He messed up the rythem a bit, so he wasn't hitting the main line exiting the rythem lane. I however did the normal rythem (not the fast one, because I was catious in the turn, so I didn't hit the triple in). At the end of the rythem he still triples out though, which could've casued a collision and a crash again. IMO not really save, but I might just be a cry baby now.
https://gyazo.com/bc62014d30b00fd0aa41c01a599abd38

Rule 2.5 guys! "If you’ve for example had a bad start or find yourself in the back of the pack, do not do big and high risk lines such as big quads or similar. If you’re trying to make passes and end up colliding with others from doing big and unsafe lines in traffic, you will be to blame for “unsafe riding” as all riders should ride with care."
That last one if you were going to protest is ridiculous, Lap 6 and he does a safe jumping to the outside of you and doesn't even come close to you. Personally I think this 'Rule 2.5' should only be enforced during the first 2 laps or 2-3 minutes of the race (only thing it would mess with is LCQ's considering they are so short, so 2 laps would be preferable in this situation). That would make the rule a lot clearer and will also stop from people even contemplating protests like the one above. I think that would be a good rule change and would cause less chaos on the initial laps of each race. I think the rule 2.5 is good just needs to be more clear cut and enforced on a lesser scale (only during the first couple of laps of the races). IMO all the gyazos you showed should not be enforced under this rule if your in the back your obviously going to try to catch up with the pack, you cant expect people to double every rhythm all race. Just my two cents hope you can see where I'm coming from.
I didn't say I'd protest him. I said unfortunately protests were closed. I'm not sure if I'd have protested him or not. It's better to protests stuff like this than nothing. Almost everyone rages at the EMF crew that their racing community is shit and can't drive for shit, but then again no one protests anyone. If you don't protest, don't cry. Nothing to discuss here.

IMO the rule should stay for the whole race. I'm always the one getting landed on while I'm back in the pack and trying to race save and savely come to the front. Offcourse I could take the big risk to jump masive rythems and what not, but then I bring myself and the other riders around me in danger. This will most likely lead to a masive crash for a couple of riders. Crashes take around 10 seconds so if I'd have calmed down and took the rythems savely I'd have gained time, instead of lost it. I might've lost 1 second over the leader which will be 20 seconds in front of me already anyway.. but at least I didn't crash me and myself.

It's WAY smarter to calm down and take the saver lines for a couple of laps if you're back in the pack. It doesn't take that much more time and it's way saver for everyone.

I'm seriously done with getting fucked each week because some people think they can win by doing masive unsafe lines in the midle of the pack.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

ryxn

Post by ryxn »

Sandhapper wrote:I'm seriously done with getting fucked each week because some people think they can win by doing masive unsafe lines in the midle of the pack.
I was just unsure as to why you would even consider protesting him for tripling to the outside of you when he was no where near close to landing on you. Like I said before I'm not going to loose time to the people in front of me by not doing a triple in a rhythm section, I'm not going to double everything around the track. I don't really understand why you would keep it all race, realistically will Impact all everyone from say 12-13th and back and they will all get protested for landing on people they are racing for a position with and then more people will be banned taking more and more people from racing the series which is not going to be a good thing surely.
Fair Play.
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

ryxn wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:I'm seriously done with getting fucked each week because some people think they can win by doing masive unsafe lines in the midle of the pack.
I was just unsure as to why you would even consider protesting him for tripling to the outside of you when he was no where near close to landing on you. Like I said before I'm not going to loose time to the people in front of me by not doing a triple in a rhythm section, I'm not going to double everything around the track. I don't really understand why you would keep it all race, realistically will Impact all everyone from say 12-13th and back and they will all get protested for landing on people they are racing for a position with and then more people will be banned taking more and more people from racing the series which is not going to be a good thing surely.
You don't have to take the save lines if you're not close to someone. If you need the big lines to overtake someone then there's no point in overtaking them if that's your only option. If you are as fast or faster than the guy you're battling with you can do the save lines (if he does them, if he does the big lines, just go with it too) and pass him that way.

There obviously are big lines that you can do, like Jarne did. That wasn't a brutal line or whatever, but it was rather close IMO. No problem there tho, I just wanted to show it and get opinions on it.

The ones that Zander and Alanas did though, were stupid and shouldn't be tolerated.

It's also not like if you're 12th place that you're battleling with people the whole race. I even think that when you're 12th the whole race and can't get to the top with the saver lines then you shouldn't even try hitting the big lines. If you're not capable of running fast lap times without big lines then you're not capable of doing big lines either. There are way too much people who do these lines in hotlaps, that's fine.. but if you know you can't hit them constantly, just don't hit them. I didn't try it once the whole night, because I know I wasn't capable of doing it each lap and it'd crash trying to do it.

I probably sound like a dick saying that if you're not capable of running fast laps without the big lines that you're also not capable of doing the big lines (which is a hasty generalization). I'm just trying to say that if you think you can't hit them every lap, then just don't try them, unless it's the last lap for example and you're pushing really hard to get that one more position, which is what I've done in the past as well.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

ryxn

Post by ryxn »

Sandhapper wrote:The ones that Zander and Alanas did though, were stupid and shouldn't be tolerated.
I can agree with Alans one but not the Zander one considering that Zander was obviously a fair bit infront of you otherwise you would have passed him by going to the inside in the corner. Whereas you were ahead of Alanas and he still went for it knowing that he could land on you whereas Zander was ahead and no one was in front of him until he got to the corner. So IMO Zanders move was justified (I know it will sound biased considering I'm on his team and all that) but he had a clear track ahead of him in comparison to Alanas who was behind you meaning he didn't have a clear track ahead.

Thinking about what you've said about running fast laps without a big lines thought I'm not certain you have thought in depth before saying this. Of course it going to be more consistent to do the 'safe' lines, but when people behind you are going to try to triple in the rhythm then have the risk of being landed on, so it is a real possibility that it is then 'safer' to triple in in front of them since they will be doing the same rhythm as you. I think it is perfect acceptable to go for the 'big' rhythms if you have no one in front of you in the immediate vicinity of the jump you are trying. As for fast laps your definitely not going to keep pace with the front runners if your doing the safe lines in comparison to them hitting the main 'big' rhythms, unless they crash as a result of trying to do them.
Fair Play.
CeeJayHDz
Team: Privateer

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Its supercross... if everyone takes the same safe lines every lap then nobody is going to pass, you need to hit the fast lines to pass and if you think otherwise then just let your finishing positions reflect that mentalilty, only protest if they intentionally hit you or send a big line on lap 1 with lots of people around.
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

you can get landed on by doing safe lines too, its got nothing to do with the line, only the riders ability to hit the line safely, also the rider in fronts job not to jump side to side through a rhythm which is what causes most crashes anyway
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

CeeJayHDz wrote:Its supercross... if everyone takes the same safe lines every lap then nobody is going to pass, you need to hit the fast lines to pass and if you think otherwise then just let your finishing positions reflect that mentalilty, only protest if they intentionally hit you or send a big line on lap 1 with lots of people around.
rt
Fair Play.
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Sandhapper wrote:If you need the big lines to overtake someone then there's no point in overtaking them
How else shall we do it then? we cant exactly take a different rut in the turns can we? Big lines are what seperate speed in supercross. Youll get bored very quickly if everyone is doubling everything all race
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

@rxyn Ruben protested max for landing on me not him hahah Idk why he protested I didn't even care
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

mx201 wrote:@rxyn Ruben protested max for landing on me not him hahah Idk why he protested I didn't even care
shhh yes you did :twisted:
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
mx201

Post by mx201 »

mack| spokes wrote:
mx201 wrote:@rxyn Ruben protested max for landing on me not him hahah Idk why he protested I didn't even care
shhh yes you did :twisted:
Muwahahhaahhah :twisted:
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

Wasn't about that was about the Jarne one and how he seems to think that he even remotely thought that it was worth protesting.
Fair Play.
mx201

Post by mx201 »

ryxn wrote:
Wasn't about that was about the Jarne one and how he seems to think that he even remotely thought that it was worth protesting.
Oh hahha my bad
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

mx201 wrote:Oh hahha my bad
NP
Fair Play.
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

ryxn wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:I think it is perfect acceptable to go for the 'big' rhythms if you have no one in front of you in the immediate vicinity of the jump you are trying.
Isn't that what I've been saying? Off course you can do that.
I also wasn't talking about Zander not jumping save because I was behind me..
CeeJayHDz wrote:Its supercross... if everyone takes the same safe lines every lap then nobody is going to pass, you need to hit the fast lines to pass and if you think otherwise then just let your finishing positions reflect that mentalilty, only protest if they intentionally hit you or send a big line on lap 1 with lots of people around.
How is no one going to pass then? There are lots of other places to make up time, not only by jumping a big rythem.
Only protest if they intentionally hit you? It's not only about hitting others, it's also about clean and smart racing.

I myself am always looking for different faster and bigger lines, because I love doing them, and because I can make up time that way. I won't do them when there are people in front of me though, that's my whole point. There are way too much people not thinking clearly when doing big rythems.
CeeJayHDz wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:If you need the big lines to overtake someone then there's no point in overtaking them
How else shall we do it then? we cant exactly take a different rut in the turns can we? Big lines are what seperate speed in supercross. Youll get bored very quickly if everyone is doubling everything all race
How do you guys not get it?
I'm not saying you'll have to double everything the whole race. Only when you can't jump the big rythems safely.

So you're only making up time on the rythems? Not in the whoops, turns, braking points etc? There are many ways to overtake someone, not only a rythem section. And you're doing exactly the same lines as everyone else in the turns?

Once again, and for the last time.. I'm not saying you have to double everything the whole race. I'm saying that you shouldn't take huge rythems when people in front of you / near you aren't taking them. That way you avoid landing on others.
Once again.. That was a joke. It wasn't serious...
ryxn wrote: Wasn't about that was about the Jarne one and how he seems to think that he even remotely thought that it was worth protesting.
Read please. I'll quote myself.
"I didn't say I'd protest him. I said unfortunately protests were closed. I'm not sure if I'd have protested him or not. It's better to protests stuff like this than nothing. Almost everyone rages at the EMF crew that their racing community is shit and can't drive for shit, but then again no one protests anyone. If you don't protest, don't cry. Nothing to discuss here."

I'm just trying to create a better and cleaner racing experience for everyone here because 90% of you are complaining that EMF races suck because everyone is riding like dumb fucks. I'm very sorry I'm trying to help here.

Why did I quit hosting again? Oh yeah wait, I know.
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall