2017 EMF World MXSGP series

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Atom6246

Re: 2017 EMF World MXSGP series

Post by Atom6246 »

I only skimmed through the post but I will come back later and re read it but I saw that you said you haven't played this years rF tracks and I think it would be a good idea to. While you do have the intention of taking every line and seeing how they make most of them a viable option. Like I said I'll re read it later if give you some more input if I have any
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

pls no 8 foot tall berms :lol: :lol:
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

maggett wrote:pls no 8 foot tall berms :lol: :lol:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Bubba40 wrote:
Out of curiosity, has this (or last years) had any of those berms?
Atom6246 wrote:I only skimmed through the post but I will come back later and re read it but I saw that you said you haven't played this years rF tracks and I think it would be a good idea to. While you do have the intention of taking every line and seeing how they make most of them a viable option. Like I said I'll re read it later if give you some more input if I have any
I did try all of the released ones yesterday. I don't want to say they're bad, because they aren't, but it's a completely different style of making tracks. They're more open and fast sort of. The width struck me a few times, putting me in an awkward place. Some parts at least were super-mega wide. While it will make it more open so less people (has the potential) won't go down, it's also just weird. Since I haven't raced any of the races, I cannot know for certain, but a little extra width may help with the racing, while if it's too wide, it'll just be weird. Personally I'm a bit glad that the styles are different so people can choose to play which they feel they're enjoying more.

If you have more input etc, I'm all ears! :)
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Wahlamt wrote:I did try all of the released ones yesterday. I don't want to say they're bad, because they aren't, but it's a completely different style of making tracks. They're more open and fast sort of. The width struck me a few times, putting me in an awkward place. Some parts at least were super-mega wide. While it will make it more open so less people (has the potential) won't go down, it's also just weird. Since I haven't raced any of the races, I cannot know for certain, but a little extra width may help with the racing, while if it's too wide, it'll just be weird. Personally I'm a bit glad that the styles are different so people can choose to play which they feel they're enjoying more.

If you have more input etc, I'm all ears! :)
Yes they are very wide and so far this year the racing has been outstanding on them IMO. Whenever a track comes out for rF I'm neither "worse than last week" or "better than last week/fav track so far", they have their style down and the tracks are very consistent.
Now I'm not saying I want you guys to mimic their scaling but I suppose a little bigger than the scaling that you guys are using currently just to help with the racing. Also wanted you to try out those tracks to help you understand how they set up the lines. Say outside is smoother and more railable (obviously not to the point where you can 5th tapped it or set up the angle to where ppl cant 5th tapped it) and have the inside rougher. I really just think you guys are trying to make it so realistic you are forgetting the basics to making a MXS track for racing. Like I said though I have faith you can do it, just feel like you need to take more time and more testing. (I know last weeks was rushed but just in general)
mx201
Team: Madcape

Post by mx201 »

#THECOMEBACK :D
#1 All Time 250 RF NA Motocross Winner
#1 All Time 250 RF EU Winner
16th overall on the RF Gaming All Time Wins List
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

Wahlamt wrote:
Bubba40 wrote:
Out of curiosity, has this (or last years) had any of those berms?
no dont think so the closest thing to one is the corner on kegums before the triple down
i dont mind outside lines i just dont think i should be hitting anything 4th/5th gear and hitting my bars on the floor

i think the best track this year was neuquen had a nice flow and nice lots of usable lines where if you didnt miss the inside you lose like 1-2 seconds wobbling around on flat track with no ruts
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Link of rd11 added to the 1st post

Servers and sign up are open
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Huge improvement this week. Here's some more criticism that I think after you guys will fix the tracks will be perfect.
First I feel like the end of the ruts should be smoothed out because they often cut off other lines. (refer to last pic)
This turn is awesome, many different passing options and pretty even. If there was an outside berm/rut it would be a 10/10
red = rut, blue = smoothed
I like how there is roughness on the outside but still no berm to carry momentum. No advantage going outside since people can avoid the ruts and still take the same line.
Wouldn't hurt to put an outside line here since the inside is so op. Maybe feel like the outside rut should be the same size as the main rut and just have a smaller rut for the inside.
Nice little burm for the outside but the middle rut should start to get smoothed as it hits the roller and gone by the end of it imo, cuts it off pretty hard.
Keep up the work boys
jakebarrett
Team: GM

Post by jakebarrett »

this should not be allowed in open c
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

jakebarrett wrote:this should not be allowed in open c
Don't let hotlap heros phase you, they usually can't race to back it up :wink:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jakebarrett wrote:this should not be allowed in open c
If I remember correctly he's quite new (to racing), that's why he is in there.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

Thanks Atom for the good feedback!
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

honda23 wrote:Thanks Atom for the good feedback!
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Aggett114
Team: Privateer

Post by Aggett114 »

any chance of being unbanned from the servers so i can set a quali time?

was suspended for last round but still cant get in :) :)