MXSEMF vs 2018 [Informations]

Moderators: nioubie, Wahlamt, MxMatthias

Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: MXSEMF vs 2018 [Informations]

Post by Lnxa »

Ddavis wrote:All of my experiences using erode online isn't that the erode itself is a problem, it's that I don't see a lot of people's computers still being able to handle it. It'd be a huge bummer to race A1 and be lagging because of erode not being compatible yet.
Erode with 20 people doesn't lag at all, I only have a i5 and a 1060 and I can stream with 125 solid and pretty close to max graphics with erode on.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Lnxa wrote:
Ddavis wrote:All of my experiences using erode online isn't that the erode itself is a problem, it's that I don't see a lot of people's computers still being able to handle it. It'd be a huge bummer to race A1 and be lagging because of erode not being compatible yet.
Erode with 20 people doesn't lag at all, I only have a i5 and a 1060 and I can stream with 125 solid and pretty close to max graphics with erode on.
It's not the people computer being able to handle it, it's the ones lagging who can't. I can't imagine what erode lag is going to be like, but I'll say we'll complain about it as much as we do the aussies tbh. I don't think it should be run in an official series until it's tested through and through and proven to work with most of the community's PC's.

And I understand that it's not EMF's fault some people have potatoes for PC's. But it's like SX. Feld isn't going to build tracks suited only to 450's when they know 250's are running too. It doesn't have to be where the 250 can hit every line the 450 can, but it needs to be comparable so it's fair. Not everyone can afford a decent gaming PC, but still want to, and can, play this game right now. But I know my 8350 and 970 struggle with some erode right now. I would like to see more testing before it's implemented.

Maybe have rF run a LocalCross series to see how it goes. Since they aren't officially over, and they're just handing SX over to EMF, it would be a fun project and testing grounds. I don't know. That's my $.02
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Triptez(Ethan Parks)
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Triptez(Ethan Parks) »

DBRider251 wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote: 6. Erode

We saw a major update on this game at the end of the season. Erode online is now available and after some snapshots to improve it, works pretty well!
We'll start to use it for our official events in 2018.
Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea?
I agree. There should be just a little more testing before we go ahead and implement erode to the official series. But it does say it will start to be in use in 2018, not specifically at A1.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I understand your side of it Jesse, and before anyone says "Get a better computer"... well, why should I get a better computer to compensate for erode when I can run a full gate at 125 fps without erode? I just think it's going to require a bit of time before it's suitable for online racing, so I was hoping to see it used at Hangtown.
dirtbiker64
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by dirtbiker64 »

Ddavis wrote:I understand your side of it Jesse, and before anyone says "Get a better computer"... well, why should I get a better computer to compensate for erode when I can run a full gate at 125 fps without erode? I just think it's going to require a bit of time before it's suitable for online racing, so I was hoping to see it used at Hangtown.
ha outdoors good meme
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

hell yeah. thanks guys
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Ddavis wrote:I understand your side of it Jesse, and before anyone says "Get a better computer"... well, why should I get a better computer to compensate for erode when I can run a full gate at 125 fps without erode? I just think it's going to require a bit of time before it's suitable for online racing, so I was hoping to see it used at Hangtown.
+1
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Well like Jesse said, I also have a crappy old i5 with a 1060 and I can run multiplayer with erode just fine.

You're point is invalid Devin. Even my old shitty laptop can run 10 year old games but are you saying the game should never evolve beyond that specs that was current when the game was released?

The game is trying to evolve but somehow the community is raging on it because they don't have close to modern day computers that can handle it. Even with erode ON the game is still only requiring a current low-mid spec pc.

It's like people are bitching on Sony because they can't play that new PS4 game on their old PS2 console.

Also it's like bitch-slapping JLV for all his continuing hard work on trying to improve the game when all you do is complaining that he is making it harder on your computer.

Ofc erode is going to demand more of your computer. Just like new models or better graphics would also demand more. You can't both have the cookie and eat it people.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

People that are running low end laptops etc, not really sure what they're expecting? It's insane they can even play the game.

Think of it this way. We implement erode for a1. It's either a success, fail or both depending on the person. However now the ball is rolling, now it's a pressure on both JLV and the trackmakers to try and get erode the best it can be. If we never implement this feature that eeeeveryone wanted, what's the point? We need to move forward. If it stays as it is now, people will continue to buy 200$ laptops, play on and complain about.

Or maybe we should just test it until Hangtown and still have lot's of people complaining, instead of actually trying and actively working on it. Maybe I'm just a fool :roll:
HarryWhite71
Team: TMFR

Post by HarryWhite71 »

Wahlamt wrote:People that are running low end laptops etc, not really sure what they're expecting? It's insane they can even play the game.

Think of it this way. We implement erode for a1. It's either a success, fail or both depending on the person. However now the ball is rolling, now it's a pressure on both JLV and the trackmakers to try and get erode the best it can be. If we never implement this feature that eeeeveryone wanted, what's the point? We need to move forward. If it stays as it is now, people will continue to buy 200$ laptops, play on and complain about.

Or maybe we should just test it until Hangtown and still have lot's of people complaining, instead of actually trying and actively working on it. Maybe I'm just a fool :roll:
Just saying, I have a decent graphics card (GTX 750Ti) but only a I3 Processor, and can still run erode fine with a full gate.
yannbourguignon
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Aerial

Post by yannbourguignon »

Will the 250's be able to race both 250 coasts ?
DaleMullins873
Team: Transmoto

Post by DaleMullins873 »

gunna have to start a go fund me for a new pc :) jk
⚔️2017 Australian MX2 Nationals Champion
⚔️2019 MXSEMF 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2019 Australian 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2020 EMF NA Supercross 250 Champion
Prats7

Post by Prats7 »

DaleMullins873 wrote:gunna have to start a go fund me for a new pc :) jk
+1
BradSchmidt
Team: Rival Decal

Post by BradSchmidt »

Lnxa wrote:
Agreed streamed w/ i7 and 970 @ Max Graphics and got 125fps
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

yannbourguignon wrote:Will the 250's be able to race both 250 coasts ?
What's the point to make Coasts if 250 can ride both? Use your brain